Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

I know this is Superhero Comic Books and everything, but nothing about that is how reactors work. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FredMSloniker posted:

So, uh, did they write Lois out or something? Because the whole 'Superman and Wonder Woman are an item' thing never worked for me.

I know, while I've heard a lot about the new Supes/WW relationship, I've not been following many current DC Comics, and it's still kind of weird to see.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hyperactive posted:

I know this is Superhero Comic Books and everything, but nothing about that is how reactors work. :colbert:

Pretty sure that's not how atomic explosions work either.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty sure that's not how atomic explosions work either.

It's an atomic explosion caused by a magic sword. It can work however it drat well feels like working.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Isn't this how Camelot 3000 literally ended?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

or even interested in each other.

Did you miss some awesome Wolfman and Lobdell comics?

Superman 1

and 19 (In this issue psychic big-head Hector Hammond is messing with everyone. Making their dreams materialize and what-not.)

Psyched e-vite.

There's probably some budding attraction for Clark in Morrison's Action too?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 16, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FredMSloniker posted:

So, uh, did they write Lois out or something? Because the whole 'Superman and Wonder Woman are an item' thing never worked for me.

Superman falling in love with some Godlike superhuman as opposed to "just" a "normal" human being is actually really depressing to me. :smith:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
East of West #10. This comic has been consistently brilliant. I especially love how Wolf is drawn in the second panel of the first page here.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Tee-hee. I'm just a girl" -Wonder Woman

Jesus Christ, could DC fire Lobdell already?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kull the Conqueror posted:

East of West #10. This comic has been consistently brilliant. I especially love how Wolf is drawn in the second panel of the first page here.

I love the laser horse so much.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

E the Shaggy posted:

It's ok to give up on DC. Try it, you'll feel better.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

He's finally off Superman in a few months. Too bad he's gotta pollute one final crossover with Pak and Soule before he goes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Superman falling in love with some Godlike superhuman as opposed to "just" a "normal" human being is actually really depressing to me. :smith:

The fact that they got rid of the super marriage is a big reason I am not reading a bunch of DC. Well that and the quality.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

It's ok to give up on DC. Try it, you'll feel better.

It really is great. Give it a few years, DC will might not be as lovely as it is now and you can read whatever wasn't poo poo in trades.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Soonmot posted:

It really is great. Give it a few years, DC will might not be as lovely as it is now and you can read whatever wasn't poo poo in trades.

Not buying/consuming poo poo you don't like is a really good tip for general life as well.

To the people buying comics that they don't like, can you explain to me why?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Vincent posted:

Because I was hoping that things would turn around for Fables and it'd get some direction eventually, but by the time I realized that it wouldn't, it was already ending soon so I might as well finish it up. Ditto with The Walking Dead but I actually gave up on that because that poo poo is not going to end soon.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
G.I. Joe v1 #15

Snake Eyes and Kwinn (the Eskimo) are forced to rely on Dr. Venom the Cobra scientist to pilot them across the Gulf of Mexico in a commandeered WW2-vintage bomber to escape from a Central American banana republic. Dr. Venom manages to pitch them both from the bomb bay, which results in Kwinn hanging on for dear life by his fingertips while Snake Eyes is clinging to his leg.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

Not buying/consuming poo poo you don't like is a really good tip for general life as well.

I keep buying Hickman's Avengers even though I am nonplussed by most issues, because it feels like it's building to something great. Every time, I think I am going to quit it, I buy one more and there's enough hints that I think it might be worth it buy one more.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I haven't read this comic but I get the running visual ambiguity that Wolf may or may not have a mouth. That's pretty neat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Flesh Forge posted:

I haven't read this comic but I get the running visual ambiguity that Wolf may or may not have a mouth. That's pretty neat.

I don't think that's actually a thing, since he's clearly talking in the third page posted. But regardless, East of West is a really cool comic and should be read.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Seldom Posts posted:

I keep buying Hickman's Avengers even though I am nonplussed by most issues, because it feels like it's building to something great. Every time, I think I am going to quit it, I buy one more and there's enough hints that I think it might be worth it buy one more.

Are you up to Infinity? Because while it does lead into more plot lines, it's a hell of a climax on it's own (you also need to read Hickman's New Avengers).

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Flesh Forge posted:

?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

He is shown speaking with a visible mouth all the time. This is not a thing, sorry.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
But the comic's still neat! Go read East of West.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, you know the one.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand... at the oven... I want you to remember...The one man who baked this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How do you get Aquaman angry enough to guest star in a gritty Batman comic?

Batman and Robin Aquaman #29

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Teenage Fansub posted:

Please tell me that's an Alien spinoff and Batman and the waterguy are going to fight whaliens. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Teenage Fansub posted:

How has Aquaman not destroyed DC Japan yet

Also if I didn't know who he was, I'd think Aquaman was a weird corporate mogul who ran a huge whaling business and liked to dress up in weird costumes.

vv I meant that in a general sense, since what Japan did with whaling makes that look like small beans.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 20, 2014

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

It's not DC Japan, it's the leftovers from Talia Al-Ghul's "Grow-A-Damian" operations, repurposed by her father to get an army of baby-faced abominations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The complete opposite of this is actually a lot cooler, and not just Superman/Lois. Specifically, I always dug the Batman/Wonder Woman thing from DCAU's Justice League.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

vv I meant that in a general sense, since what Japan did with whaling makes that look like small beans.
You forget that in the comic world, Japan's main exports are 1) martial artists and 2) more martial artists.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

redbackground posted:

You forget that in the comic world, Japan's main exports are 1) martial artists and 2) more martial artists.

3) Giant monsters
4) Giant robots

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teenage Fansub posted:

So is that one whale that got hung a convicted murderer or something?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

http://killsixbilliondemons.com

REACH HEAVEN BY VIOLENCE

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Jerusalem posted:

He killed entire pods of Sperm Whales by using poisoned Astroglide.

And that's where spermicidal lubricant comes from.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

That's pretty metal, thanks for the link.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Wonder if its a visual reference to this. Elephant killed its trainer at a circus stop in Erwin, TN.

It's a well-known image used by animal abuse protestors, I believe, and that would jibe with Aquaman's schtick.

I just know it because the people of Erwin are a little TOO into the story. Pretty brutal. :megadeath:

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 21, 2014

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Aaaaaaand bookmarked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
We spend so much time with terrible webcomics that it's hard to believe there are really good ones. Holy crap.

The first several pages start off really cruddy but wow, the art gets a lot better very quickly.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 21, 2014