Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Infinity 4 aka dont gently caress with Thor (sorry for so many panels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Alacron posted:

Is it still canon that Steve Rogers writes and draws the Captain America comic book?

He just drew them in the past.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

IIRC he was never the writer, just the artist.

I remember one sequence where he was telling the editor that Cap wouldn't act a certain way and the editor was all "Jeez why do the artists always think they should write too" which was a lot funnier a few years later when Image was founded

Or just the way Stan Lee was with his artists when they did all the heavy lifting

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flosofl posted:

This too.

His basic character is "Let's take Superman and make him completely unpredictable, insane and homicidal. Also he abuses drugs."

They already have stardust!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flosofl posted:

I think he kind of is at that point? His body is all kinds of hosed up from his crime fighting days.

He was also going after fat albert and gang

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I love this moment and really does sum up batman. It's also why the comics in which superman and batman don't like each other, even after they've known the other person for an extended period of time, drive me nuts.

It's due to Batman not eating pie

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Bruce spends like a page original two talking steak in Broken City. He grills steak to relax

If only he did that in Odyssey, as it would be done shirtless

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lets not forget Avenging Spider-man 6

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Amazing Spider-man 33

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, he got murdered because he gave money to Anti-Mutant organizations?
I mean, your normal average person has every reason to be anti-mutant, what with the constant fighting, cities getting destroyed every other day.
How much "collateral damage" in terms of civilian lives are there every day caused by mutants?

So no, this isn't badass. It's killing a guy for dropping a fiver in the Salvation army bucket.

Less then the Fantastic Four or Avengers. Its also a bunch of groups that go out of their way to kill mutants for just existing up to and including blowing up a bus of depowered mutants

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Everyone in Paris died during Fear Itself (or at least they all got turned to stone, a bunch of the statues were broken and there was never any talk of turning them back), Paris has a comparable population to Genosha. Of course that never got brought up ever again and it's also not genocide.

Odin turned them back. In the marvel universe the casualties in Paris were equal to a Wednesday in New York

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

Funny, though I was thinking in particular of one of the all-time great Hellblazer stories, which hinges on there being three co-rulers of hell, who I think have that position in the absence of Lucifer "Actually The Devil" Morningstar, who went off to run a bar or whatever.

I like Vertigo.

That is from Dangerous Habits. The turning of beer to holy water is what causes the first of the fallen to lay claim on his soul

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

X-O posted:

Well usually there's some weird mind wipe story like with Sentry to go along with that where everyone doesn't remember him. Blue Marvel's reason is a bit more lovely and unfortunately realistic based on the climate at the time he quit. And then he eventually just goes to work at a University.

Also Blue Marvel was buddies with Uatu which automatically makes him cool in my book.

He is also dating the best Captain Marvel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wrong that's from THE ULTIMATE COSMIC EXPERIENCE!!!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

yaffle posted:

About ten years ago somebody spent some time putting DKR dialogue over stills from the 60's tv series, I wish I'd kept them.

They quoted some of it in Return of the Caped Crusader

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

Speaking of which it's been seven pages since anybody posted some Thor panels, I'm starting to get the shakes.

This is still one of the most badass moments in a comic full of badass moments.
Let there be Skurge! Thor 362
Sorry about so many but they are all needed

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

My favourite Tony/Reed interaction was during the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. At the start of season 2 Tony and Reed are working in a lab. Reed is barely listening to Tony recount his adventures in Asguard until he mentions that the dwarves gave him a suit of armour made out of a metal he had never seen before, Uru. At that point Reed looks up from his gadget.

Reed: oh, what happened to this Metal?

Tony: I had to give it back to them afterwards.

Then Reed immediately goes back to ignoring Tony again.

I prefer the reed/hank interaction when reed tells hank that he just didn't have the couple of hours to learn Hanks specialty

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Technically he Cobained himself, but as far as I remember, he was the only fatality of that particular story. He beat the hell out of some guys who were menacing MJ, but pretty sure they lived.

I am pretty sure he killed some dudes and jjj was happy as spider-man killed

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just looked it up, he killed a nameless guy in a werehouse by brutally breaking his neck

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Was he hunting the werehouse

Werehouse. There house

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

There's also the part where he (presumably) milks the venom from thousands of venomous spiders, pours it in a bowl, then laps at it like a dog. I'm guessing his line of thinking was that he would gain their power this way, but instead he just grabs at his throat and falls over.

Oh yeah, when he is dressing up as Spider-man he uses a grappling hook on a rope to swing around like Spidey. And then because coincidences are not a thing, he just happens to rescue Mary Jane from some muggers, who has a silent freak out at "Who the hell is this guy dressed like Peter?"

Also, it's the black costume at this time, but Kraven's is cloth. I don't recall if this is pre or post Venom and if we are at the black cloth version of the suit or not.

At the end of the story Kraven digs up Spider-man who was just tranquilized (for 4 days) and buried in a coffin, claps him on the shoulder and says "Great hunt, you are worthy prey. Go. Live", and then blows his brains out in his trophy room

It’s cloth. This was right after the marriage and venom has not appeared yet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Glagha posted:

Going back to that Batman/Flash comic, gently caress Batman in that. Really? He's gonna give him poo poo over letting one of his dudes out of his sight long enough to kill someone? How often has Joker gotten loose and started loving with people outside Batman's jurisdiction?

It was also captain boomerang killed Tim Drake’s Dad. He was fucken pissed about that also gently caress identity crisis

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

It was a good "Oh gently caress!" reveal at the end of the Sinestro Corps War, but the potential was badly wasted. Except Larfleeze. Larfleeze was worth it.

It alternates shades between posts.

How could you forget dex-Starr and guy with the Lenny stash

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

To this day they're putting off a statue for her because they cant figure out how to have it in public and prevent it from being destroyed the moment it's unveiled.

The Irish will be lucky once

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Don't forget Tamp the dirt down.

And merry Christmas Maggie thatcher

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

Last weeks X-Men had a scene where cable calls Jean grey mom and asks permission for something and it felt really weird

Why? That’s kid cable and Jean did raise him

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Ok, but what are the other two jokers?

Midnight tokers

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Literally the only semi good thing to come out of that cluster eff was that panel where you can say, Peter Parker beat the Phoenix force be talking it to death (admittedly stolen quote from here)

Crab whales

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gnome de plume posted:

He also has blood that can heal and metal wings sometimes. No to mention the greatest super power of all, Money.

Bobby is better since he has more money!!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

Was the solution "it was Mike being an rear end in a top hat again"?

Nope it involved the purple mans kids. However mike is now real and he is hanging with the kingpins kid

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

It's finally occurred to me to post these here. The Idiot Root is a stupid story about a dumb villain but I happened to get issue 3/4 of that arc as a child and this sequence always stuck with me as something unusual and cool in comics of the early 90s.

Basically, this psychic entity called The Idiot wants to eat Batman's mind, using a hallucinogenic root vegetable to draw him into an alternate dimension called The Idiot Zone, and once there Batman is immediately outplayed:

(his trip sitter is a local native teen named Zeno, and he's having a rough time of things in the sober world, as you can see in the top right here)

This plan ultimately doesn't work out but I really love this sequence.

Norm Breyfogle is one of the best Batman artists

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Did Injustice ever do anything other than Superman messily murdering heroes, then a hero or two kicking his rear end via last stand lucky shot before getting messily murdered in return?

It did a lot of stuff with Harley Quinn, and showed how good Tom Taylor can be. The problem was that there were certain beats he had to do.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That one Green Lantern who was a cartoonist before getting the ring put it to rather more creative use, as I recall. It's not the rings fault that the previous users were an ex-Marine and Guy Gardner, ex-cop and dumbass extraordinaire

The ex marine was a architect originally and they ex marine was added due to the cartoon. John Stewart is also a great character. He is not someone who goes headfirst into a yellow billboard or slips on soap in the shower hitting his head.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Wow. Kinda funny how Gwen C's take in the show looks more like the version in Etrigan than The Sandman itself.

So to be clear, in The Sandman, Etrigan and presumably the rest of the DCU, you've got Lucifer, Belial, and Beelzebub running things and it's just Hellblazer that has the 3 dime store KO versions,? Well, until the First kills the other two anyway.

Lucifer quits and then two angels take over, but the three from Constantine are below them or something

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

They are absolutely different cosmologies, they have similarities, but since they're both based on Biblical apocrypha that's gonna happen but there's no way to sensibly reconcile the events of Seasons of Mists with Rake at the Gates of Hell.

They mention Lucifer leaving in hellblazer so they try to combine the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Miles Morales, not Peter.

Did he offer them another pocket burger?