Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I've always loved Moon Knight and that was pretty cool, but wouldn't deflecting a bullet by holding a razorsharp crescent dart in your hand mean you lose your fingers?

I know, I know, comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

"Pretty Deadly" is also full of good female characters and is just overall an incredible goddamn book. You could post about half the pages in this thread, really.

This. I read the first trade yesterday and it is completely awesome.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I had to go search for that because I recognized the artwork of Kevin O'Neill from 2000AD. It is indeed a bizarro vigilante version of Judge Dredd by 2000AD's Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill.

There's apparently a hardcover omnibus available.

I bought the omni a few months back and enjoyed it. Grant Morrison wrote about Marshal Law in Supergods, I think it was about how this was the first comic dealing with the perversion of the super hero ideal. It plays with a lot of the sexual background, deviancy, superheroes becoming a fetish for "normals", but none of it feels as immature like Ennis' The Boys did to me. The sex wasn't the focus, but it was an aspect of the stories. There is some Vietnam criticism in there as well, the same Judge Dredd-esque critique on the US that gets posted here every now and then.

That said, this type of dark and grim is hard to take serious, self-loathing is a key aspect of the character and this kind of mood can get real tiring. It has definitely aged.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Sounds like it's from Enemy of the State.

Yup, probably the one at the bottom of this page.
http://www.cbr.com/the-wrong-side-daredevil-vs-wolverine/

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

He was in Aaron's Wolverine run, fighting to save San Francisco's Chinatown from a drug lord using an underground opium plantation protected by dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

why is Taskmaster afraid of him? uncounterable "random bullshit go!" moves or something else?

Moon Knight doesn't bother to dodge punches, he just gets hit.
Copying his fighting style means Taskmaster gets hurt and he doesn't like that.