Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

Evil Reed gave her a high-risk power boost that should have killed her.

Have some more heroism from the best duo in comics. It's not their actions that are badass - it's their simple, naive, good-hearted optimism and indomitable spirit.

X-men: To Serve and Protect #1

Wasn't Rockslide wearing a fake mustache under the hockey mask? I remember him with this giant, almost Tom Selleckian mustache from somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This was always one of my favorite "badass" moments in Superman comics.

Backstory for the 12 of you who haven't seen this before, Mongul (big yellow guy) ambushed Superman with a flower that takes over your mind and leaves you basically comatose, while giving you dreams of your heart's most desired things.

He didn't appreciate it.

I was a wee lad when this had come out, and that "Burn" moment still gives me chills.

Also, a page or two before that, where Superman wakes up from it. Robin's expression was basically the same as mine when I was reading this issue.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 3, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

That's terrible/derivative/boring design. She looks like Katie Fairchild from Gen13, also.

Agreed. She'd be way more badass if she was still incredibly strong but normal to short sized, like Kitty.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, right in the balls. :stare:

Edit -originally in ref to the destro panel but it works for the grenade one too I guess.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 16, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, that can easily be a Wonder Woman panel.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Scott talks about how it's really exhausting to keep the blasts under control, so he wears the visor most of the time to let himself relax or stay focused. Then post AvX he can't even shoot them in a straight line.

How do you manage to NOT fire in a straight line when the beams come out of your eyes?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When did Hyperion show up in marvel?

Last I remember him was some weird sorta ultimates reboot where he xrayed a stripper and blew a big loving dent in the artic because he didn't want anyone messing with him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That is a dumbass costume.

Eh, to be fair, the Earth 2 Jay got his power from Mercury (the God), and he kinda apparently made up the costume himself without realizing it. He thought it was part of the whole "Hey, Mercury gave me his power and this suit!" but it turned out he kinda made his own suit up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She's the only one he trusts, so basically she has a gigantic target on her back from plot devicium.

Still, badass lady though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I remember that one. Wasn't it something like she got captured by SHIELD for some random hulk reason and then had to fight some super intelligent cockroaches and ended up hanging out in the reactor too long? She absorbed too much radiation or something and was "stuck" as the She-Hulk.

I think it was around the time she was dating that Wyatt dude.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's some badass Martian Manhunter

New Avengers #20.

You'd think out of ANYONE in the marvel universe, Namor of all people would not be upset by hentai tentacles popping up out of nowhere.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, to be fair, they probably would have dawdled around if he said "To me my mutants! Cerebro has found a really, really, really fat guy!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always wondered why they bothered with UNUS THE UNTOUCHABLE because, basically the dude's power was "Hey, I can't be touched by anything. Seriously, it's like a body wide force field and I totally just, have pretty much no offensive capability whatsoever", but damned if he WASN'T A MUTANT POWER THAT COULD THREATEN THE VERY FABRIC OF THE EARTH ITSELF!

I think he became a supervillain because people kept calling him Anus though. That's gotta leave a mark on you growing up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, kinda. It started to get the better of him until it started pushing away all the air and suffocating him.

It's a nifty power, but at the same time you can be buried alive, lobbed in space, lobbed into the ocean, poisoned, blinded, deafened, etc. Just cause something can't touch you doesn't mean you can't be hurt or killed by something else.

My point though, wasn't that it's a poo poo power or not a poo poo power, it's that it's hardly the POWER THAT COULD WRECK THE VERY SUBSTANCE OF THE PLANET that Prof. X always said about these guys.

I think at the height of his power, he was hanging out with the blob in the circus, and I think he even went on a wrestling streak for a while. Not really the world ending threat that Prof made him out to be.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, not posting pics cause the entire issue counts as badass, but Injustice Year Two #22 just made me yell "HOLY gently caress".

When the writers are on, man they are loving ON.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly just wondering how a lady got to the moon to pock the damned thing up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah which of Batman's villains were black again?

Half of Harvey Dent.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That deserves some sort of award for "Biggest curbstomp in media".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, knee right to the boob.

Only thing missing is a KRAKOOM or something. PG ain't a lightweight.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

And turned his brain into a puree by bouncing it off the sides of his skull at crazy speeds.

Maybe it was Reagan?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing Flash is doing some sort of wind resistance kinda thing, or he's transport for the pieces as mentioned above.

I'm just getting kinda tired of Batman outdoing everyone and judo flipping Jesus cause he's the best thing ever and no one can ever smoke him cause he's BATMAN and that's just how the universe rolls.

The giant bat symbol is hilarious and reminds me of the bat explosive gel from Arkham.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I really like Injustice because it shows Batman having an enormous amount of trouble taking on Superman, and even being emotionally conflicted about it instead of acting one-dimensionally smug.

I really hope the guy coming after Taylor doesn't gently caress up the series too bad.

I seriously think that's why I love the series so much. When he fucks up, he fucks up BAD. Like when he kinda spaced on the fact the yellow lanterns were all but invading earth and sorta forgot that OH poo poo people are scared of Superman now, so Holy Fucknuggets he's got a ring now god dammit how did I miss that LET'S BOLT PEOPLE.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Supe's pimp walk in Injustice 14 is always badass.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They still haven't topped Superboy Prime ripping off that one idiots arm, and then like 5 issues later ripping off the other one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, his power is that he's 5x as strong/fast/etc as a normal human! Of course that means you should run up and try to fight a virtual god in hand to hand combat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Slowly dragging this back to badass, here's a great set of panels from the new Injustice issue.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, I didn't mean to cause a huge derail. I just liked the Batman/Superman punch up. That's one of the very few times they are close in strength and power and Bats is still basically trying to figure out a way to get the gently caress outta there before the pill wears off and he's chili in a bat shaped smear on the wall.

The fight opens with Supes slamming him hard enough to kill him and being shocked that he's not bat shaped goo on the wall.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Is that the one where Deathstroke takes out The Flash with knives to the knees? Yeah, that would work on a guy who thinks faster than the speed of light.

Well, to be fair he WAS the only one who thought about shooting a speedster in the kneecap.

I forget exactly when but it was a Teen Titans thing with Bart. You figure if anyone was literally "faster than a speeding bullet" it'd be the speedster guy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'd be another Superdickery cover, with wailing orphans yelling WHY ARE YOU BURNING DOWN OUR ORPHANAGE? and Superman going "I MUST DESTROY THESE CHILDREN'S DREAMS! OR ELSE!!!!!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Strange has a real HEH HEH HEH BUENO vibe going on there...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

I haven't seen an angry baby punch someone that hard since Bryan Danielson fought Takeshi Morishima.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

(Still, it was a pretty impressive and unsettling page when I read it.)

Hell, it still is.

I always wondered why the had the muscle and organs and misc other stuff in PROTECTED VATS but just left his skin kinda hanging on the table like it's no big thing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not so much a panel, but here's the Avengers, Tamriel style!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who is apparently also incredibly dehydrated.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Well, I mean you may as well make that comment on EVERY superhero comic EVER. You may as well just not make that comment in the first place.

Nah man, that dude has veins on top of veins on top of veins showing out of his skin. That is some poo poo comic art, and possibly poo poo anatomy (which I kinda forgive since the dude's an alien).

The only time I'd let poo poo like this pass would be with Carnage or Venom since they have that weird hosed up fake symbiote muscle poo poo going on, on top of their normal skin.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only one I remember was a Superman one, where there was a point where he got cracked on the head with a lamp, and you had to choose between "fake being knocked out" or "reveal your identity", and I think either way you were hosed.

If you faked being knocked out, Luthor would show you this awesome piece of gold kryptonite he had lying in wait for Superman, and you'd be powerless.

If you revealed your identity, I think Luthor escaped and told everyone who you were and ruined your secret identity life.

It was kind of annoying.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming the bomber is canadian cause drat she has manners even when she's going all jihad.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Son of a bitch did someone at DC lose an arm in a fire or some kinda factory accident or something?

Always with the arms.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just love the WIZ KILLA licence plate :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"AVENGERS DON'T KILL"
"I DIDN'T KILL HIM I JUST LET HIM DIE"
"THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID"

Doesn't that mean the dude isn't dead and this argument is kinda pointless?