Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Uthor posted:

Squirrel Girl.
:colbert:

..If there's ever anything Marvel vs. DC again. I want want to hear the rage for when Doreen beats The One True Batman. One punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I always thought it'd suit Piledriver more to have that gimmick. The other 3 have their own gimmicks. Wrecker is the leader and has the crowbar, Bulldozer is Lil' Juggernaut, Thunderball has his ball and chain and...Piledriver has big hands :effort:

Back in the 90's, when he and the Crew lost their weapons. He was able to make himself a tech suit, that simulated his Thunder Ball powers.

I think he also upgraded Moon Knight's formerly dead, now a cyborg partner and the leader of the Secret Empire (who was also a secret cyborg).

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Mister Mind posted:

I get what you all have been doing here, but honestly, I'd prefer John Hodgman.

That's a good choice. I'd love him, or Wallace Shawn.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Pureauthor posted:

In the same vein why do people even bother shooting at Superman unless they have, like, Kryptonite bullets or something.

Hope? Panic? Fear? They may be, "the one" to actually do something? Maybe Lex Luthor will be around, and throw kryponite at him, just to be a dick and give a small time hood a story to tell? You've heard all the stories, and can't possibly believe them (Superman is a government conspiracy!)? Mr. Mxyzptlk? Any number of reality warping or magic villains want to dick with the Supes?

If you're a bank robber, what else are you going to do? I mean, you could aim for the crowd to try and distract him, but you'll just piss him off, and rack up a bigger charge when you're inevitably caught, and handed over to the police. So you throw on a bit of theater, so you can at least puff your chest while you're in prison.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

CzarChasm posted:

This is from pages ago, but there was a what if that went a little OP with iceman's powers. Gavok can probably correct me on stuff I'm getting wrong.

IIRC it was a story where Juggernaut has killed everyone in the Marvel universe but for some reason he hasn't been able to take his revenge against Charles. After a lot of stomping around the countryside, he finds a giant wall of ice in a cave or something similar. After a short while, the ice wall tells him to gently caress off, because it's actually Iceman, making himself into a giant block of ice, big enough to seal off the mouth of a cave and also be several feet thick.

Juggernaut, being a supreme dick, smashes through Bobby, killing him, naturally. Of course Charles is there along with maybe a few dozen people who were hiding out, not from Juggernaut, but some airborne super virus that was actually what killed everyone, not Juggsy. So now in the twist to the morality play that is the What If, Juggernaut has to forever walk the earth, completely alone.

Nah. It was a little different than that. This was during that Dark What If time. Sentinels had killed.. everyone, using radiation. They killed even the humans, because humans would lead to more mutants. Avengers? Dead. FF? Dead.

Years and years, Juggs wanders around killing the last of the Sentinels by himself, until.. ran into Magneto, to tries to kill him.

Realizing someone is alive, Juggs is so happy. Magneto dies due to the radiation trying to ward off Juggs, and after the battle Juggs stumbles a path blocked off by Ice Man, who lets slip there are more people. In excited jubilation for seeing others, he doesn't heed Ice Man's words, crashes through.. and lets in the deadly radiation. He's kicked out of the settlement. Forced to wander alone, because nothing can stop the unstoppable juggernaut.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
...So Jesus is the god of hammers? I thought he was the god of nails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Lobok posted:

Ah, another master of Crane style.

This is good. I appreciate this.