Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

It's probably not all that new now that I think about. Surely there are instances of telepathic mutants communicating with people at astronomical distances that appears to ignore the limitations that transmission waves would normally adhere to.

First issue of House of X has Xavier talking to everyone on the planet simultaneously. There's definitely been psychic communication between Krakoa and Arrako that didn't have whatever delay there is between something traveling from Earth to Mars there would be at the speed of light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He's died like hundreds of times in X-Force during the Krakoa era, Also evil Beast had an army of retarded Wolverines (I don't like using that word, but I don't know a better one to use) doing hosed up poo poo and we have to assume not all of them survived.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

I keep seeing this new use of the term "drip." What does it mean when used like this?

Being fashionable with your clothing and general style. Usually in an extravagant way. Something sensible and practical that looks good would be less likely to be considered to have "Drip" than like Dr Doom with his cape and hood and grandiose statements.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dr. Doom has drip. Reed Richards does not :doom:

I looked up what Richards wore to the first Hellfire Gala, and it looks nice, but yeah, no drip.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, they tried to sue the Enola Holmes people claiming Sherlock is only nice in stories still under copyright, so him not being a dick to his kid sister was a violation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's so weird to me that all the Marvel cartoons of that era used lasers instead of real weapons and BTAS had the bad guys firing Tommy guns and regular looking pistols.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently BTAS walked a very, very specific line so they could do so that if they'd wavered even a little bit on they would have gotten in trouble.

BTAS pushed against the censors all the time. They would put things in with the idea that censors would make them cut that but leave in the stuff the crew actually wanted. Sometimes it backfired and the censors wouldn't notice something that the crew put in specifically to throw out.

The first Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn episode had, as written, a line where the Joker says "haven't we been a couple of busy beavers" censors didn't object but the line in the episode is "busy bees" because Timm and Dini thought it was a bit much for a children's cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, I mean Batman is well known for doing poo poo like crashing through skylights so I can kind of see it as a fair concern.

I'm kind of surprised that strangulation was a problem since at that point The Simpsons had been going for 3 years. But I guess that's "comedy" strangulation and having Batman do that would be bad.

Simpson's aired at 8pm (probably still does) not 9am, and while being a cartoon children aren't the target demographic, there's different standards by the censors when you're main competing shows are Law and Order or whatever versus another children's cartoon. It started as shorts on an adult centric prime time sketch show, probably gave them a lot more leeway.