Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess I'm going to have to request whatever this Captain America story was then.

Also, I had to look up that Weird Fantasy issue on eBay, and it can be yours for under $100! Or you can apparently buy the cover as a print for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It looks like he's leaning against the van, so that's why he's holding it sideways once, and the other his him just pulling the gun away from the window. I don't think he was really able to take aim.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dolash posted:

I know it's par for the course in comic books, but how does being caught mid-air by a guy made of rocks then continuing to drop to the ground at all cushion you from the impact?

Rockslide's body takes the impact, and his arms help slow the fall as he tries to make them fall slower than how they're actually falling. Given that he's actually a rock gollum, he legs/body could shatter, as he could just reform. I imagine that or just him tying to stop them from falling at full speed at the impact would do it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo that's some good-rear end banter. So I guess I should just start from Thor God Of Thunder #1 and try to get caught up?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That main character is an airhead who is having all the plot explained to her around her. She's not a hero yet. It also seems to be updating once a month now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

Meh kinda ignores the whole psychology of She-Hulk where Jennifer doesn't un-hulk often because Shulkie is her ideal self-image except green because Hulk.

I didn't even know she could de-Hulk. I've only seen her as the taller green version. I don't read anything with her in it however.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, I read that post as "she doesn't de-hulk often because she's already her ideal", meaning the 7 foot tall version of her with green skin was her Hulk form. I thought that implied there was a Banner form with normal skin tone.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That reminds me of that sci-fi short with the astronaut checking in on a robot society. It was also incredibly ahead of its time for when it was published.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

zoux posted:

PYF Fastball Special:

Previous page for context.

That air swirl...

I now like to think that Colossus threw him with a spiral for better accuracy. Logan's so dizzy when he lands on that sentinel or whatever.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I know at some point they added razor feathers the Vulture could shoot,

Did they do that with the Vulture too? Because that was Angel/Archangel from X-Men as well then.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That's the real secret Americans pulled over the British, Germans, and Soviets in the 20th century-- waging global hegemony but with a pause in-between atrocities to acknowledge how bad it makes everyone feel with enough skill that people forget that they're the dominant fuckers.

Huh, that must have been the next page, because I sure didn't see that in those comic book panels.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Most mutants are just omega level reality warpers with inferiority complexes who think they can only do one thing. Their powers work exactly how they think they should, and their strength is inversely proportional to how much time they spent in a school system that actually teaches science before getting indoctrinated into Xavier's paramilitary academy.

Magneto could probably manipulate plastic if you painted it chrome and told him it was steel.

Then how about all the times that Magneto tried to steal a gun away from someone pointing it at him, only to find that it was a plastic gun?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No, Gambit paid off Deadpool in an old issue of Gambit. I know because I dated someone who loved Gambit, and Deadpool was my favorite of the time. I liked to hold that scene over her head any time that came up.

EDIT: I tried to find the scene, but googling "deadpool gambit" gave the first result of the making out between the two.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Hah, that's exactly what happened with Bullseye during Dark Reign when Bullseye was running around pretending to be Hawkeye.

Gambit #17, page 18

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One-punch Man is on sale on Comixology so I'm re-reading it and it's still great.

I'm looking on the site now, and I only see a discount on the Vol 1-5 bundle. Is that the one you're talking about?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

prefect posted:

It wasn't obvious to me (:downs:), but now that I know, it makes sense. He's almost got the Agent X scar across his face.

It's more obvious as you read the whole 5 Ronin story.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Those sure are some badass potatoes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

That scene specifically made me stop buying Millar comics. I've read his recent stuff and it's surprisingly decent, but I'm not going to spend money on another of his books for fear of it turning into Nemesis.

At the time a friend and I were buying comics and reading each other's. My friend got this and I got S.H.E.I.L.D. Even though my comic never finished, I'm glad I got the better of the two comics.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Superior Carnage #5: This one needs a little set-up... So this is back when Doc Ock was Spider-Man. Fantastic Four villain the Wizard was using his mind control on the Carnage symbiote to try to force it into a new Frightful Four. As these things do, things got way out of hand and for some reason Ock-Spidey thought the best way to get the symbiote back under control was to get it off of Wizard (who had latched onto) by bringing out the comatose body of Cletus Kasady. The narrator here is Ulysses Klaw, a member of Wizard's crew who manipulated sound in order to keep Carnage in line, and who got murdered at the end of the last issue. His body (which was merely sound waves contained in a suit) is dispersing as he watches the rest of the fight go down.

I've seen Liefeld guns change less from panel to panel!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What is the practical purpose of all that "hair"?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sound FXs: Stand, Grab, Roll.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sprayed on a van isn't the only metric. If there's a buildup to a scene, that can make the action in the last panel badass. Skurge isn't badass because he shot at a bunch of enemies, it's a badass scene because of the story that led up to it, showing what he was going up against, and how he stood his ground despite him dying himself.

(I have a bias against anime panels, but that one page scene didn't work for me because there was none of that buildup or payoff. It was more a funny panel for me, like using the grenade pin as a ring was a gag.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Did you mean to say Cat Loki?

Oh Nancy, where have you been all my life?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Azubah posted:

I haven't read that issue, but if Rockslide turned into a living bomb isn't he dead?

Nope, not the first time he's blown up at that point. He's more like a conciseness that inhabits the bodies he makes like a golem. At one point he does it to lava and looks like that instead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Gotham City Monsters #5: Frankenstein is facing down another version of himself (that looks more like old movie versions of Frankenstein)

I'm having a hard time keeping track of which one is which, or which one is the "hero". Doesn't help that they seem to switch which side of the panel they're on. Is the grey one the hero one? I know nothing about this character or DC in general, just guessing on Batwoman back there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

In that same issue it's made clear that it's done with Wolverine's understanding and permission and he has his own ideas about other modifications.

"What if we made the claws, youknow, hot? Bub."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You still need to go one page further for more badass-ness, even if it's kindof an anime speach.

There's only one page since this one, so we'll see how it turns out!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Break away pants.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know how you'd post it without posting half of the issue, but the latest Way of X should go here. For all of Nightcrawler's therapy session, and how he resolved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

This isn't actually a panel, but I swear I follow too much comics twitter or something because I first thought it was a stylized fight scene featuring Nightcrawler.

https://twitter.com/edwereddie/status/1434271063572205568?s=20

Nightcrawler Accidentally Teleporting into Wolverine, 1993.