Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So, uh, did they write Lois out or something? Because the whole 'Superman and Wonder Woman are an item' thing never worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

IUG posted:

Okay, I read that post as "she doesn't de-hulk often because she's already her ideal", meaning the 7 foot tall version of her with green skin was her Hulk form. I thought that implied there was a Banner form with normal skin tone.
That's the way it used to work. I haven't followed the comic in quite a while, so I don't know what her deal is now.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Space Fish posted:

As much as I want to avoid making Sex Criminals seem like an unending torrent of dick jokes, this page from #7 is too game to leave out.

The Angry Video Game Nerd got a comic?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

zoux posted:

There's a five issue mini that are about each of the other five Immortal Weapons and Fat Cobra's is by far the best.
Is that the one that people have posted panels from here a couple times before? Any chance of seeing them again?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

Hey guys I'm in paradise, this is great!

JL: NOPE you signed a contract, bitch! Get over here.

Except that, unlike Buffy, the Flash didn't spend an entire season angsting about it. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Behold the power of the press, that J. Jonah Jameson is thought of 'that guy who doesn't like Spider-Man very much' and not 'Spider-Man villains? Let's see, there's Jameson, Doc Ock, the Green Goblin...'

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Gavok posted:

I'd consider it THE best What If ever.

Which one you talking about? (And maybe some panels from it?)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't mess with the King.

Are the cracks supposed to visually indicate that everyone but Dr. Strange and Captain America would, or are they just cracks?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

thatinfernalpigeon posted:

I give you these two pages from X-treme Xmen #7 as an extremely creepy and unsettling rebuttal!

Is that Aeon Flux with the eyepiece? :raise:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm drawing a huge blank, but I figure since the panels have been posted here plenty of times, someone will be able to answer: what was the name of that really old superhero (in terms of creation date, not physical age) whose powerset seemed to be 'wait until the bad guys fling everyone on Earth into space or something, then toy with them like a god as punishment'?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I love how everyone's solution for 'robot that is literally indestructible' is 'punch it more'. :allears: So how does Comics Ultron usually get defeated anyway?

Also, I noticed Wonder Man in a couple of those panels. I was actually a fan of his 90s miniseries, at least before it got all dark and brooding. Anyone have scans of that? I'd especially love the '"Okay, go", Neil' page, which I remember to this day.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I like how Scott has to press so many buttons to do that.

Two buttons for 'summon monorail to my location' and a belt buckle touch for 'open manhole'? If anything, I'd say too few.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Seldom Posts posted:

That was such a great arc. At one point he destroys all the guardsmen suits at a super villain prison, leading to a mass escape. Then he gets beat up by a government built powersuit so he builds a new suit that uses technology he stole from various villains while he was destroying them for using his technology.

In the epilogue issue he has a trippy nightmare about all the damage he's done, but he still doesn't recognize his own complicity. It's one my favourite iron man stories, but my copy was washed away in a flood years ago.

So, was the whole point of the story 'Tony Stark is a worse menace than the 'villains' he fights'? Or is there something I'm missing here?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

jng2058 posted:

That's one way to look at it. Another might be "don't steal from Tony Stark, because he's a huge dick about that."

Actually, both together really sums up Armor Wars quite well. That said, I still enjoyed those issues.

Well, I was looking more to see if this is what the writers intended, or if they were trying to write him as a hero and failing miserably, or what.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

What gives Corrigan extra badass points is that he doesn't take the chance he has at moving on. People he cares about need protection and somebody's got to do it. Only he will do it.

Except didn't he just get done saying that the Spectre doesn't give a gently caress about anything but murdering people who crossed some arbitrary line? How's he going to protect his loved ones with that?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Wapole Languray posted:

I love the idea that Hot Teen Loki is just a passing fad and inevitably he'll go back to silly hornhats and maniacal laughter and destroying the 9 Realms because he's Loki, and that's what he do.

Wait, didn't we already do that plot point with Actually Nice Kid Loki? I don't follow those comics, so I'm confused.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Uthor posted:

X-Men 92 008

Cable turning into a gun makes me :3:.

The focused totality of Psylocke's telepathic powers has been working out.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

jsoh posted:

i think it implies the sword is from psylocke the wings are from jean and the gun is from cable

I got that. The joke was that the sword is waaaaay bigger than:

(Source: X-Men #1. No, I don't know which one.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

If the entirety of the comic book industry is composed of writers and editors who want to do rape storylines, maybe there should be no writers or editors.

E: drat, top of the page. Quick, don't fail me, GIS!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

If you start serial punching anime fans I'll consider that a job well done.

#notallpedophiles

Yes, I am a horrible person.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

All I can think to say is, 'wow, they really will let anyone into the Avengers.'

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

prefect posted:

I love Principled J. Jonah so much. :swoon:

Is that the end of that plot arc? Because Principled J. Jonah is badass, but ultimately 'Kingpin wins again' is kinda depressing. (Which I suppose makes it fit right into a Daredevil comic, which I assume that is.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

TwoPair posted:

"I'm just trying to save the world using math and my wife keeps bothering me to spend more time with my kids. I don't feel like she understands how important my work is. Any advice?"

"DOOM THINKS YOU SHOULD SEVER" "Clearly you are not worthy of such a fine woman. Worry no more about her; she is in better hands now. Imperius Rex!"

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So what are Adam Warlock and the Silver Surfer waiting for? I mean, I presume the point of Cap's last stand is that he'll stand up against Thanos even when he has no chance of winning, not that he's going to pull something out of his rear end.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Her clothing is made out of leopards, that's a little weird when she's also in charge of leopards. Is it like when when super-villains wear the trophies of their defeated foes? Is Shanna basically the leopard version of Doctor Doom?

Oddly enough, Wikipedia has the answer to that question! The short answer: it's the skin of her leopards' mother, who got shot (not by Shanna), and she started wearing it (a) to help raise the cubs and (b) because, well, if you're a jungle queen, you don't wear denim.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

WickedHate posted:

The point of Gwen Stacy in Peter's perfect fantasy worlds isn't that he'd rather be with Gwen instead of MJ, but that his greatest failure(not saving Gwen) didn't happen.

Second greatest, surely?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

qntm posted:

This is as good a time as any to remind everybody that Law and the Multiverse is a pretty good blog dedicated to questions like these. Although possibly not that specific question.

As it happens, they did cover it. (I binge-read this not too long ago.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm gonna need some context for what makes those panels badass. Because it looks like 'hero tries to rescue princess, fails so utterly and instantly that the dragon doesn't even bother to harm him, and runs away so fast he winds up in a different genre'.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You say that like he doesn't deserve it for said assholishness.

I think their point is that JMS wrote him behaving that way, so crapping on Iron Man for doing what he made him do is just kind of... making GBS threads on a character for no good reason. Like, if you don't like the character, and you can write the character, maybe try to make the character better?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

Mega Man #32

Is this an adaptation of the FMV Megaman game that only came out in Japan?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So was he right about the whole 'you've doomed us all' thing, at least in the sense that some bigger threat then showed up because he hadn't successfully wiped out humanity?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Am I the only person in this thread who doesn't like the feel of pink meat? It's kind of... rubbery, I guess. If I were to eat at a steakhouse (which I generally don't), I'd get something where the meat was sliced thin; that way it doesn't get carbonized, but it does get fully cooked.

And because I try not to post here without a funny panel, here's one that's even relevant (I found it with GIS, so I dunno what issue it's from, but I assume it's Thor):

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Or at the very least start putting badass panels in your posts. Like this one:

(Spider-Man and Batman one-shot.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Here's a badass panel to compensate for my needless filler

Marvel Super-Heroes #8

And here it is at a legible resolution:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Does Galactus count? I never read that series, so I dunno if he counts as 'deadbeat'.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Tell me that the guy was erased from existence by that single punch.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I like this one, not so much for the art as for the note at the bottom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

It's especially screwed up because (at least this is what Google tells me) the only reason Norman's dad is being nice to him in the first place is because he used the Mind Stone to brainrape his dad into not calling him a monster. Presumably 'because you're my son' is the sort of thing you say when you have no logical reason to like, much less respect, someone.