Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The Mighty Thor #343, from Simonson's run in the 80s. The dragon Fafnir is laying waste to New York, and Thor has recruited the last viking, Eilif, to help slay it. Eilif is ancient and tried to goad Thor into killing him when they met, so that he'd die in battle and have a chance at Valhalla; Thor gave him a blessing of strength and a chance to die in battle against Fafnir instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Injustice Year Two #10: The Green Lantern Corps vs. Team Superman

Pretty much the only DC I read is what shows up here + Funny Panels, but it's always bothered me that with the GL rings, capable of creating anything you can imagine (as long as it's green), 99% of the use they get just seems to be creating a big hammer or big shield.

It's refreshing to see somewhat more creative use.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Strange #3

For anyone as confused by this as I was: there's a new Strange (volume 3) that kicked off earlier this year. This isn't the 2004 or 2010 miniseries by the same name.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

The Black Racer spotted

Is that the guy...skiing through the air in the background?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Really kinda undermines the moment to have a guy on space skis just kinda float into the scene.

Yeah, I assume that Ant-Man(?) sacrificing himself to kill Invincible Space Vampire Thing(??) is meant to be an emotional climax but it is kind of undermined by Skis Guy.

Although now I wondering if the very similar Skis Guy (Deathurge) who shows up in Marvel's GLA miniseries is a reference to this one (or vice versa).