Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Verant posted:

Wait, when did Soundwave join GI Joe?

IDW has Transformers, GI Joe, and Rom: Space Knight all in the same universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Sounds like he's writing Injustice Superman, at least.

I think it's more Injustice Superman is turning into Superboy Prime.

*beats GA to death* "WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIS?" *heat visions Shazam through the face*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

zoux posted:

Uh is he referring to himself here

You're new to Claremont's writing style, I see.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Breetai posted:

And yet just 10 words to Norman and he doesn't need scans or any other kind of confirmation: he KNOWS that spidey's back, as surely as he knows 1+1=2.
It's amazing too because Norman's face is so well drawn you can just feel the hate coming off the page when he realizes. If anything that sells the reveal even more.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I can't think of many other mutant families that have powers that would really work that way. It's not like Quicksilver would slow down from touching Scarlet Witch or something.
There's a joke to be made here about Ultimate Quicksilver, but I'm not going to go looking for it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Today is Jack Kirby's 100th birthday. Post the Kirby-est panels you got.

(I love that one guy trying to hold on to Omac's foot.)

Not a panel, but still probably my favorite Kirby story:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man how could I forget these.

"When you cry out in your dreams -- it is Darkseid that you see!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Someone post Will Eisner's "Jack Kirby vs The Mob" story, please. Today deserves it.

I just love that Eisner just drew Kirby going back to his desk and drawing, being angrily annoyed, like he just shooed a bunch of kids off the front steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmykiOdHzH0

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Pretend I posted the panels where Silver Surfer rebels against and fight Galactus and is then stripped of his powers

Got you covered.

Also, I can't believe I forgot about this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TenCentFang posted:

I like it better than the famous Doom page because Fisk actually struggles for a moment instead of just being the Marvel version of Batgod.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TenCentFang posted:

You'd really think he'd learn to stop goading people until he knows he has them under control.
I like that Kilgrave seems to keep forgetting that everyone knows he has mind-control powers, and as such would take steps to protect themselves from said powers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

purple death ray posted:

I really do prefer when people are able to gush about something they feel passionate about without pointlessly making GBS threads on something else. Current comics are "drivel"? That's a nice cover but dudes deliberately ignoring a lot of great artwork so he can make his tired "kids these days" point.

Millennials are killing comic book cover art! :argh:

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 26, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My favorite part is how you can see the redhead's fingers at the end of his long-rear end gun.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Always remember Rule One: "Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love the metronomes throwing off the Hydra agent's shots.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Issue 2 of Ellis's run.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb move.
A similar thing happened in the JLA story done by Claremont and Byrne, only instead of getting nuked by solar energy, the vamp in question just went "Ptoo! Ew, gross, alien blood!" and that was kinda it.

It was not a good story.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

The vampire's name was "Crucifer".

Crucifer.

And the symbol of his order was a Times New Roman "X" with a circle around it.

It was, as I said, not a good story.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how clearly terrified Creel is of Puck in the next-to-last panel.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Are they sure the police didn't offer protection to America Nazis to protect them from Jack Kirby?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that even in the midst of an unstoppable world-ending apocalypse, Lex can't not get a burn in on Superman.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kalli posted:

I think that's every panel involving the MLF. Comparatively few pouches though!

Man, googling for that reminded me that they had a fat guy named Sumo.

Toshimo posted:

Close, but no trash can.

(Doom Force #1)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

It goes against the purpose of the devices but I want to see a situation sometime where someone in these comics activates their doubletalk device that TAKES AWAY EVERYONE'S SUPERPOWERS --

-- and he finds out that even the athletic humans suddenly have a quarter of the cardio endurance they should... and that nobody can throw a rock or aim a gun worth poo poo any more... and that that cheesesteak he had for lunch before setting out to destroy the Justice League is starting to feel like, well, like he ate a bunch of rotten milk.
Careful, sounds like you're close to writing a JLA: Act of God reboot.

e: speaking of depowered beatdowns:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows the importance of food handling.

Working Daze is an Outer Limits reference, just to save you the trouble.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is...wait, what were we talking about?

Cul De Sac are all good boys, Brent.