Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Derek Dominoe posted:

So it's Shallow Hal meets Hellboy?

In that particular chapter, yes. Gunnerkrigg Court has run the gamut of themes and concepts, from "Typical schoolyard follies" to "Princess Mononoke-like foresty chaos" to "ludicrous Super-Science space battles with aliens" to lots of other places and ideas. It's really, really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Flesh Forge posted:

:vince:

I am totally not empty quoting or doing a single emoticon reply, and here is the proof:

don't ask how his knees and elbows can bend

I dunno about you guys, but I totally want a barrel of high octane fuel strapped to my shin in my fighting robot suit, and a miniature particle accelerator apparently strapped to my head.

(I love these old suit schematics too. I would PORE over the Iron Man ones in the '90s.)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

I'm kinda torn on the art, because it's very well drawn and staged, but Shang Chi and Fu Manchu look like Liu Kang and Shang Tsung, so it's coming off to me like a Mortal Kombat spinoff.

Fu Manchu, as stated a post or two ago, also looks strongly like the antagonist from Avatar: The Last Airbender and that entire scene has lots of little touches taken directly from the climax of the show. There's a lot of "homages" going on here.