Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Tarn is also a sociopathic eugenicist who's mutant power is to alter genes at will. He's exactly the kind of person Magneto would have no mercy for, even at his most heroic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I vaguely recall someone arguing that the key to making Doc Ock threatening was for the artist to capture the kinetic feel of the arms. Some of the best examples depicted them as this chaotic tangle of steel that can strike from nearly any direction simultaneously.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

Any examples?

Had to do some digging. Thankfully, Dawgstar correctly attributed it to Erik Larsen, as I could not recall which artist had been discussed.

Granted, it's not realistic in the slightest, but kind of works on the "rule of cool" level. Also still goofy, but less so than the low bar of previous depictions.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean his debut scene in Spider man 2 is a pretty great one for making him look intimidating

Easy to be intimidating when your debut is Sam Raimi hearkening back to his horror roots.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

yeah there's a great story about doom in issue 7

One that even put the above thesis to the test.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Szarrukin posted:

It's on my "I love it, and I swear one day I'll finally finish it" list, webcomic itself is excellent, art is amazing, but these quasi-biblical stories after every part are a chore to read.

The extra lore is more ancillary, though it certainly adds some fun flavor and context. You could probably go through just focusing on the comic, and then circle back to check out the lore at a more relaxed pace.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Air Skwirl posted:

First issue of House of X has Xavier talking to everyone on the planet simultaneously. There's definitely been psychic communication between Krakoa and Arrako that didn't have whatever delay there is between something traveling from Earth to Mars there would be at the speed of light.

They actually explained this. With the help of Forge, they made a psychic relay between Earth and Mars using clones of Xavier's brain.Wouldn't surprise me at all if they made something similar using the Krakoan gates and Shiar space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Geez, you'd think they'd learn something after Red Skull was able to use Xavier's brain to give himself powers that one time, but nope just gonna leave spare brains out there. Just like them leaving Wolverine skeletons all over...

They at least had the forethought to keep it a secret how the satellites functioned. Though I suppose they are just floating out there now. I assume without some manner of upkeep, the brains would die off fairly quickly.