Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Wheat Loaf posted:

Okay, so this is another one from Star Wars Tales #2 I found when I was looking for the last one I posted. It's a take on a very old story but I thought it was really cool when I was little so whatever.

The old story being the guy who was smuggling bicycles across the Berlin Wall, right? Or somesuch variation, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

A lot of the problem I had with those Alita pages was due to how weird all the characters' anatomy is, how the panels are composed; if you don't already know those characters pretty well, showing a cropped rendering of a weird robot arm made out of gears gobbling up another weird robot arm made out of chainsaws is going to be puzzling.

I feel that's partially true, but I feel like more than that the Alita panels disregard the 180-degree Rule, so that we the viewer have no reference point to spacial relationships and where anything is. It's a series of very well drawn but disjointed panels of robots getting chewed up.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I was secretly hoping the monster guy would burst out of the wrecked piano with the keys for teeth.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

That is a really metal abode. :megadeath:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I'm picturing those quick cutscenes from the latest Mortal Kombat games where it gives you an X-ray of skulls cracking, bones snapping, or organs being shredded.