Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, what was that clause Deadpool was in a rush to include anyway?

It's something Deadpool came up with, so I expect we'll find out at some future point.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wasn't Rockslide wearing a fake mustache under the hockey mask? I remember him with this giant, almost Tom Selleckian mustache from somewhere.

He gives Victor a copstache, in the first part (really only shows near the end), and I could have sworn Santo had one glued to the hockey mask, but I just checked, and nope.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

zoux posted:

Love Molly. Is she anywhere in any of the current runs?

A future version shows up in the recent Battle of the WTF Atom where the future and the past collide in the present and the plot goes wandering off into traffic...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Probably not the best Machine Man, though.

Unrelated: now reading Brubaker & Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist run - it's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

What made you think that Brubaker+Fraction+Aja was going to be uninteresting?

Nah, I didn't even know it was Brubaker until I opened the first issue. Just... Iron Fist. <shrug>

Right off the start it made me go "So where's the dog, Clint?" because goddamn if it didn't look like Hawkguy, down to the puzzled-looking blond dude in bandages.

In other words, there needs to be a Hawkfist/Ironguy team-up book. With a Dog Brother/Lucky backup, and much Fat Cobra action.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

zoux posted:

There's a five issue mini that are about each of the other five Immortal Weapons and Fat Cobra's is by far the best.

I ran into Fat Cobra via a Wolverine-in-San-Francisco-Chinatown arc, plus references in the Funny Panels thread; he's living up to his rep so far (just got to the special).

Also, I just noticed the gag on page 14 of issue #12, where FC pulls off the goony "yawn and drape arm onto girl" move on Tiger's Beautiful Daughter in the first two panels, and when the focus comes back in the last panel he's examining his new hairpin... through his palm. :ninja: (No way to post that page from work, though, so it'll have to wait.)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

There's a lot to love there, not just that cool speach or how Zemo has his dinner table surrounded with Gold Bullion, just cause.

No, Zemo is trying to recruit the young.

By cornering the world market of Twinkies.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Uthor posted:

I just read the Fantastic Four Original Sin issue. In it, Reed encounters a locked door and Alicia asks him if he can just "use your science" on it to open it. That's such a vague question and a really weird way of phrasing it.

She's just asking the wrong doctor.

Nemesis would science the *gently caress* out of that door.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I think post-extremis, Iron man has the edge, but Doom's got sorcery to make up for the disadvantage.

It's a pretty good advantage - after all, *Doom* didn't get taken down by a Skrull virus, did he?

Actually, I just finished reading Secret Invasion, and I don't recall Doom/Latveria really being involved at all...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

He was in jail during Secret Invasion right? Might Avengers had him get the poo poo beaten out of him by Sentry and then arrested, then Norman Osborn let him out as a show of goodwill when he took over.

Yeah, I guess so. Must have missed that somewhere - been reading a collection of major crossovers and unrelated books/arcs get skipped. I do remember Tony getting all het up to go slap Doom - something about some orbital debris dumping a bioweapon that tracks to Latveria - but then all the focus shifted to World War Hulk or something.

In fact, it was possibly a long-term prerequisite to Secret Invasion, because Doom v. Skrulls would probably overshadow a lot of the SI side-books, like Captain Britain/MI13 and X-Men.

The Black Panther SI tie-in was pretty :black101: though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Ho

Lee

poo poo

:aaaaa:

I've been skipping Senso until I got caught up with a few shitload of other books.

That changes tonight. :black101:

Semi-related: it's always time for Martian invasions.

(Avengers #4 from 2010)