Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
No badass thread is complete without Thor God of Van Art:

Source is Thor God of Thunder #11. Also if you need context further than what the scene already gives you, Thor and an older version of himself are in the heart of a bomb designed to kill all gods, and the bomb is going off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet: Moon Knight #1. Moon Knight's back in NYC, he's dapper as gently caress, he's huntin' down a serial killer in sewer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let's be fair, a lot of writers liked to write Tony as Hitler-ish as possible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Galactus can be petty. He's been petty to the Silver Surfer a couple of times. Yeah, he's beyond good or evil, but he can still be an rear end in a top hat once in a while.

Yeah, robbing a guy of his powers would be one thing, but leaving him all his powers but then telling him "But no, gently caress you, you can't leave this one planet" is a famously petty thing Galactus has laid on Norrin as a termination notice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1. Danny Rand has just leapt outside his window for reasons unknown.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Iron Man #24: Tony Stark is trying to hunt down the rings of the Mandarin, which have become sentient. However, the rings have recently caught the eye of Malekith, the dark elf antagonist from the last arc of Thor God of Thunder, who's trying to collect them all. So Tony tried to invade Svartalfheim to get them back but hosed up his stealth mission and now the elves are hunting him. Additionally, his suit's damaged and he's injured.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leper Residue posted:

Holy poo poo, maybe I shouldn't have dropped Iron Man so soon. I got bored with it after a few issues, and I think Land was on it? Is there a good spot to hop on?

#18 is where Land leaves art and the current arc gets going. Although honestly if you can stomach the Land art, I'd really say everything since #6 has been good. (1-5 are a boring as hell and ultimately inconsequential Extremis story)

e: #17's a good issue too even if you don't read the rest of the arc it's attached to, as it introduces Tony's new brother Arno.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 15, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

That one was the obvious movie tiein right?

Pretty much. There's no terrorist or Mandarin, but a bunch of guys with ill-defined powers are around while Tony narrates "Extremis is BAD". Kinda like how Thor God of Thunder's had Malekith, but he was in no way like his movie counterpart.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 15, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There has been a sad lack of Thor God of Thunder 'round these parts. So here's King Thor throwing down with Galactus for old times sake at the end of the Earth.

Thor God of Thunder 21

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Iron Man #25: When last we left Tony Stark, he was trying to capture the rings of the Mandarin, which were being stolen by the dark elf Malekith (villain of the previous arc of Thor God of Thunder and also villain of the new Thor movie) but his plan to just use a stealth suit and sneak into Svartalfheim backfired hard. So instead of saying "gently caress it" and getting out of there, he said "gently caress it" and called in his back up plan: A big-rear end armor that is composed entirely of iron (note for those not big on mythology: elves are basically deadly allergic to iron)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 16, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

I presume Tony is supposed to be acting like a psychopath in the scene. It's Gillen so I'd presume he threw in the "bored now" quote for a reason.

Yeah in the last issue while he was on the run they actually injured him pretty decently and then started hunting him like an animal before he brought in the literal Iron Man suit, so he's being a little more unhinged than usual and lashing out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #23: Val-Zod (an agoraphobic Kryptonian who is slowly learning to control his powers) and Hawkgirl are surrounded by Parademons.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 24, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
All right, I'll bite. What, besides a stern expression, makes said maid badass?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thunderbolts #26: Leader is finally backstabbing all the Thunderbolts and killing them one by one in various ways as they make their way through a booby trap filled Aztec/Mayan/vague-South-American-culture ruin. All that's left are Rulk, and Deadpool.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so I'm reposting this from the last thread since archives are broke as hell and I can't just link the last post:

In Mighty Avengers #3 the newly formed team has to stop Shuma-"Motherfucking"-Gorath from entering our universe but it's not as easy as just beating up a tentacle monster. To beat a god, you have to beat him up on the astral plane too, so it's up to White Tiger, who is empowered by a Tiger god, to save the day. Assisting is Power Man (not Luke Cage) who is providing all the chi of NYC to power up said god, and Spider-Hero (who is actually Ronin (who is actually Blade)) to coach him through it.

I told you that story to tell you this one:

So White Tiger's deal is that her little tiger amulet gives her your generic superhero enhanced abilities (strength, agility, endurance, etc.) and she's super-good-at-kung-fu. However, to keep the power, she's got to cut a deal with her tiger god pal where one night per month the Tiger God gets to basically possess her and go do whatever it wants (just fight more crime only more harshly). So in an issue after the team is properly formed, word gets out that the man who murdered White Tiger's parents got out of jail and is back on the streets and she gets proper pissed off and lets the Tiger sweet-talk her into letting it take the wheel for vengeance. The Avengers actually mobilize to stop her because they're afraid she'll kill the guy and she totally would've if they hadn't utilized Monica Rambeau's light powers to trick her and then immobilize her.

In Mighty Avengers #8, the team's got her tied up at Blue Marvel's base at the bottom of the ocean and it's time to see what's going down on the astral plane:

And that's how you tell the same patron deity you watched eviscerate a cosmic horror to go gently caress itself.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

d00gZ posted:

THAT isn't even the best Namor panel.

I like Superman Sun God's look in the second panel of "Holy poo poo, these guys are fuckin' nuts!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

For all the crap the rest of them get people should really remember that Dr. Strange probably the worst person in the Illuminati, his pre-origin story is basically a solid decade of looking dying people in the eye and saying "gently caress you, I want another Benz that I'm not even going to drive."

Yeah, now after his training he can finally move up from the Benzes and be all about the Lambos.

New Avengers #31

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's also complete bullshit, but leave it to a goddamn cat to buy it.

Yet more evidence that cats are evil.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thor God of Thunder 23: King Thor got knocked into space fighting Galactus, so his granddaughters stepped in while Thor went off to grab his ace in the hole...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #25: Hawkgirl just saved Flash from Beguiler (an evil New God from Apokolips who had Flash captive and was torturing him) but eventually gets caught by Beguiler's army...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

He allied with them as they stood against the Green Lantern Corp , why do we not have a Injustice thread?

We have the Alternate Earths thread, that's pretty much the unofficial Injustice thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It's one of those comic book things, where it goes so far beyond what you'd expect that you accept it. It's a semi evil Night Crawler too, right? If I remember correctly, he's from AoA and only helps out Uncanny X-Force to get revenge, and abandons them as soon as it serves his purpose So it falls under the category of bad guys being able to do more extreme poo poo with their powers than the heroes. It's a brutal version of Superman flying backwards around the globe to turn back time.

If it'd been the aforementioned teleporting grenades inside Blob's guts, it wouldn't work as well.

Yeah, AoA Nightcrawler was literally only with X-Force so he could kill AoA Blob (who was also in 616) in retaliation for Blob killing his wife. He ditched the team mid-mission to do that shark-kill then hosed right off. Then he died in some crossover trying to get back home.

Teleporting a shark into a man is silly, but hey, it's a comic involving a man whose power is being so fat he is literally immovable so whatever, I think it strides the line between funny and cool just fine

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, everybody who wrote him after Nextwave.

No, he was great in Marvel Zombies 3. Then he was all "beep boop I am a robot" in all his appearances.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

I seriously don't recall The Riddler's design being like that, I remember the green suit with bowler hat.

It was one of the worse redesigns when BTAS started being "The New Batman Adventures". The character models were all redone to sort of match up to Superman: TAS's and pretty much all of the villains got bad redesigns. I don't mind a lot of them, but Riddler's is particularly bad in comparison to what he had before.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Got to agree with this, it reminds me of the exchange posted a while back about Scott Lang destroying and humiliating Dr. Doom utterly, where the whole thing just felt like one big extended editorial rant awkwardly fit into a comic.

Counterpoint: That was cool :colbert:

Honestly, I feel like as cool a bad guy as Doom is, some of the best moments are when he gets owned.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Guy why did you steal Gambit's clothes

Gavok posted:

Well, he's EXTREMELY pissed off.

"That's my secret, mon ami. I'm always angry."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It replaces their heart, actually.

No, just their blood. They don't need hearts, due to the whole magic ring thing. Atrocitus got his heart torn out during Blackest Night, but he was still pissed enough to have the ring function as his heart

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Original Sin: Thor & Loki #4: Thor and Loki have broken into the previously-unheard-of Tenth Realm of Yggdrasil, Heven, in order to find Thor's heretofore-unheard-of sister. Thor gets his rear end handed to him by Angela and imprisoned by the angels. So now he's being tortured by the Queen of Heven, who assures him that he's not getting out and Mjolnir's under lock and key also, so not to try to pull any fancy hammer-related breakouts.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

About as much as Angela does with angels.

If mash ups of different mythologies gets your goat your goat must be in a perpetual state of gotten from the Marvel Mythological side.

Seriously, anybody complaining about how this gels with Norse mythology has no business reading Thor comics. You might as well start complaining about how radioactive spiders are implausible, 'cause your suspension of disbelief is busted.

That said, Heven is a dumb name.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

For the first time ever, I am thinking about the logistics of a moon laser. Just the aiming of it. Like, you can't really use it for supervillainy while it is on the dark side, which is half of the year.

Look, you don't really need to aim a moon laser. Just shoot it anywhere, blow up some random part of Antarctica and pretend that's where you were aiming the whole time. You just need to let people know you have one and then the rest is bluffing your rear end off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dammit Who? posted:

You could argue that Victor von Doom actually chose "Doctor Doom" as his title of monarchy. In the ancient usage of the term, a "doctor" (from the Latin for 'I teach') was one of the philosophical authorities of the early Christian church, someone who was in addition to their temporal authority one of the few licensed to preach and interpret the Truth. Or, again, they just needed a bit of alliteration and it means nothing.

Has he though? I can't remember the last time Doom has called himself "Doctor" or really anything besides just "Doom".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Doom: Now who would deny Doom is Doom!?!

Doombot #642-b: Doom would! :doom: ... wait poo poo am I not Doom?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Avengers #36

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jsoh posted:

so what you are saying is superman superman thor doom.

Well he's not wrong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

It was Loki messing with him, wasn't it?

Loki said it was Loki messing with him. But then, Loki said that while Pym had him captured, so it could be argued that Loki was just trying to mindfuck Pym (cause that's what he does). I don't think it ever got a straight answer because very shortly Thor showed up to bust Loki out because Thor's dumb like that.

Takezio posted:

But...but does he make it? :ohdear:

(Oh, and nice lazy eye from Zatanna in the second page!)

No one knows yet. Klarion the Witch-Boy is looking into it

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 30, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #26

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

That Batman is Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint right?

Well it's Thomas Wayne, but not from Flashpoint, just from Earth 2. They've got different origins.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

I thought something implied that some of them weren't actually from Earth 2 2. I only read like the first 8 or so E-2 books though then started picking up this new numbered series.

Mr. Terrific is from Earth 1, and it's been implied that Terry Sloane might be from some other Earth (neither 1 or 2) altogether, but otherwise everybody in the series is from Earth 2. Recent additions to the cast Power Girl and Huntress were stranded on Earth 1 for a while and only recently got back home, but they are technically natives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
She's a strong independent woman who don't need no (Bat)man