Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If you hadn't told me the name of that comic I would've assumed it was some kind of glorious tribute to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

He looks so pleasantly surprised. "Oh, that actually worked! :3: okay then." I need to start reading this.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yessss, I must possess this.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm failing to see how its her fault, considering the goo-skeleton things came looking for her and not her going out picking the fight.

Or is this another one of those settings where people go "gently caress you <hero> for fighting" and if they don't, they get "gently caress you <hero> for not doing anything" and there's no winning?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Do the writers actually call that move a "sonic scream" because that's pretty ridiculous.

LOOK OUT! MY LIGHT VISION TELLS ME THAT HE HAS A BULLET GUN

Yeah man, and where do they get off calling it 'super strength', he's just really strong okay

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

To be fair, it was the 90's. It was hard to keep we kids' attention spans otherwise.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Groot-Thor is fantastic :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Wasn't that the 'Armor War' arc where Tony basically went around beating up anyone he so much as thought had power armor based on his design?
I didn't know titanium was flammable, though :stare:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

While I'll never get tired of seeing racist Klan shitsticks get their asses handed to them, what in the hell is going on there? Who is the super-dude?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

storming literally every villain they've ever fought on a ship made out of Galactus' corpse

Wait, what? :stonk:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Wasn't he briefly mentioned all of once in one of the Arkham games? Like he didn't even get to show up, he was just a character bio you got for solving a Riddler thing

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Goffer posted:

In the Tower of Babel storyline the justice league gets taken out by normal goons because they compromised the batcave and stole batman's backup plans on how to take out mind controlled/rogue justice league members. He gets kicked out of the clubhouse for a while because of that.

Which I always found a little funny because he's the one who paid to build said 'clubhouse' in the firstplace :laugh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't one take on the "plans to be everyone" angle end with him confronted with this question, and he says something like, "I do. It's called the Justice League"?

That was one of the animated movies, I believe. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I distinctly remember that scene at the end of it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Philosophy 101 claims another dumbass.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Having a disorder isn't an excuse to be a dick.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You are some joyless sonsabitches, y'all know that?
It's comic books. Half the time it literally is "A wizard did it." Stop trying to apply scientific rules, that poo poo went out the window a long time ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

And then there will be some Kamen Rider Decade bullshit about how by destroying the other universes they were actually saving them and everything is okay now really :arghfist::saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No, you see, he's doing things differently than Bruce would have, and different is bad, mmkay? Being an entirely different character with entirely different motivations and rules is not an acceptable excuse :reject:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The last few posts remind me, have there been any evil characters in comics that turned good/started over/basically stopped being jerks and... stayed that way? Without being dragged back into it or rendered non-canon by petulant writers?
I just have a thing about dudes realizing "this being evil thing isn't working" and trying to unfuck their situation, like Megatron. Though I'm sure that one isn't going to stick either.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When did Venom make a turnaround? I thought he only tolerated working with Spidey if Carnage was involved? Jesus, am I out of the loop.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That links been set to Private anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kirby dots, the most efficient oxygen transfer medium known to man.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"There are no right or wrong choices (but you totally chose wrong) :smuggo:"

Man, gently caress Captain Britain.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

People complain about Batman having a billion contingency plans but nothing about Punisher apparently having a black-belt in every martial art ever?

E for clarification, the panels are still badass, but I can't help but notice every time someone claims they practice <martial arts here>, there's a little blurb of "That's cute, I studied that too".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I love the sarcastic attendant. "It's the only thing in the room besides us, dude, seriously"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Peter has expressions that aren't variations of :smug:?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This thread got stupid in a hurry

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I think the "anime is bad" brigade can make an exception for One Punch Man.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Who the hell is Daken?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm 90% certain that's Devilman in the front next to Ultra, though :stare: I do not want that particular dream to become reality, thank you very much.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm loving the swank cane with the Decepticon symbol on it.

E: now I'm wondering if Optimus' avatar would be a book nerd. Wasn't he a librarian/archivist on Cybertron in several continuities?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 2, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Y'all could bitch about anything. "My precious Vader would never say that! It's poo poo, all of it"

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 8, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Then again, Yoda had to put some effort into it, while in Force Unleashed the player character uses them as projectiles. Then he pulls a Star Destroyer out of he sky.

Force Unleashed pseudo explains that as Starkiller being phenomenally naturally talented with the Force, though.
They get around this little continuity problem by killing him in the good/canon ending :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You're implying Star Wars fans are capable of not taking things seriously when it comes to their precious cheese-monks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

zoux posted:

Cheese monks?

Lurdiak posted:

I'm really dreading this explanation.

Cheese monks! They've already gotten through the prequels and are doing the original trilogy now. The 'jedi cheese' thing is on the third comic.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It makes as much sense as anything else in the Marvel universe.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Star Citizen?
E: Better answer, Chris Roberts?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 6, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't know the issue, just been told it's from the Thor solo series post-Civl War. Thor is pissed that Tony cloned him. Also, Tony threatened to invade Asgard.

I'd love to post the whole thing :allears: and while some would say a one-sided beatdown isn't badass, I just love seeing Civil War Tony get his just deserts for some of the assholery he pulled.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 11, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:downs: Shows what I know. I'll edit my post, hopefully someone can tell me where it's from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hm yes let's have a fistfight with someone with super-strength and can breathe water in his element, this can't possibly go wrong!
For someone so supposedly super-intelligent, Tony is really really loving dumb.