Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Roth posted:

Frostbite #5

I'm the tiny Fallout sniper rifle on her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

yeees, I love the lack of musculature

Well duh! Haven't you seen skulls? They're so big and faces are so small! There's no way there's enough space for muscles.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I despise that poo poo. Not only is it insulting to the character's intelligence, it's a completely unnecessary raising of the stakes and just a weird idea of how superpowers work. Iceman's powers have nothing to do with how physics "really work", his powers are he shoots ice beams because it's a loving comic book. Spider-man doesn't have the muscle mass necessary to do any of the poo poo he does, his tissues have no ability to take the beatings he takes, his wall clinging defies all physics, but that's because he's a superhero. His powers are made up fantasy that disregard science other than a passing plausible deniability here and there.

And no one would ever suggest that if he tried really hard he could web swing to the moon.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure if he tried real hard he could web swing to the moon.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Do hope they fix up the issues that came later. The author was rumored to have had some personal troubles during the latter days of the manga that may have led to it feeling quite rushed.

Its pacing was honestly kind of all over the place. It felt like it was ramping up to a finish and had fairly well-paced arcs. Then the anime aired and it started rivaling one piece in popularity, so the ending feels really stretched out. Definitely curious to see what the author does next though.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Yeah sorry, it's hard to read that sequence as anything other than a cynical, facile play to get circulated online. Something memeable rather than meaningful. It's hard to sustain tension and excitement over just a sequence of panels that are just repetitions of "but Superman is the strongest of all" rugpulls. He couldn't even have Superman not look angry when rescuing a little girl. Superman, at his best written, is so much more than this.

Yeah. Tbh I don't really read a lot of superman, but it's a weird choice to have him bear the same body language when rescuing a scared little girl that he has when facing an invincible army. Like, it feels like you could convey what's important to superman if you instead had him take up a much smaller space in that hole by taking a knee and extending an open hand with a warm smile to the little girl.