Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
That little section between new avengers and one more day where Peter was treated as a guy who had seen, done and fought everything was a really nice stint of Peter getting the respect he deserves from the hero community, A.K.A. distancing himself from readers gotta fix it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There's only one Mojoverse, but there can be and have been multiple Mojos.

See? Simple.

The premise of the question is flawed "Why is there an intrinsic part of the universe keeping balance between life and death in every alternate universe but only one reality TV presenting fat jaundiced guy with robo-spiderlegs?"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Yeah in the last issue while he was on the run they actually injured him pretty decently and then started hunting him like an animal before he brought in the literal Iron Man suit, so he's being a little more unhinged than usual and lashing out.

That and they brought up the whole changeling thing both making fun of Tony and reminding him they are a bunch of sadistic dicks that murder children to replace them with their own offspring.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers #20 Cover which is badass in itself

For all the crap the rest of them get people should really remember that Dr. Strange probably the worst person in the Illuminati, his pre-origin story is basically a solid decade of looking dying people in the eye and saying "gently caress you, I want another Benz that I'm not even going to drive."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Sorry, being a weapons manufacturer is way worse. At least Strange occasionally saved lives while being a raging prick.

Tony was killing numbers on a board, Namor is mentally ill, Reed is just a know it all jerk.

Dr. Strange looked people in the eye as he crushed the last hope they had in the world and then went skiing, that's the kinda cold that sets your path to redemption as fighting primordial evils and multiuniversal threats then jobbing for decades.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

Thor is very powerful.

Not powerful enough for when Franklin Richards starts looking for his pet world eater.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

IndenturedHobo posted:

Wait... Does being royalty give them different colored blood?

Just a play on the old blue bloods term I imagine.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Weird lips aside, that's probably how She-Hulk should look most of the time, as opposed to "Tall swimsuit model with green skin".

Meh kinda ignores the whole psychology of She-Hulk where Jennifer doesn't un-hulk often because Shulkie is her ideal self-image except green because Hulk.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Ashcans posted:

Can Blob turn his power on and off? If not, how did he get nipple rings? Did he find some piercing parlor with the power cosmic or something?

This is important somehow, I am sure.

Double sided tape for piercings and a sharpie for the tatoos.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I don't like Landis but Superman knowing Joker wouldn't commit suicide and calling his bluff doesn't seem that out of character to me.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gavok posted:

The whole storyline where they got killed was negated via Dr. Strange, so it never happened.

But the new Iron Fist series ignores pretty much the Brubaker & Fraction run so, maybe.

Also it's crap.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 27, 2014

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's not, it's kind of a stupid, what the gently caress do angels have to do with the Norse?

About as much as Angela does with angels.

If mash ups of different mythologies gets your goat your goat must be in a perpetual state of gotten from the Marvel Mythological side.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The inscription hammer has also said "Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." for a few years, not that anybody remembers or that the gendered pronoun matters considering Jane Foster/Thordis predates a big old chunk of stuff.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Madkal posted:

Yes, but that get any press back in the day?

It was back in the day when comics didn't make press unless it was about how they led boys to sexual deviancy and communism.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trast posted:

Are you guys really having a discussion about the writing on a fictional hammer and its inconsistency over the years?

Hi, I'd like to welcome you to comic book fandom, please pick up you complementary wolf shirt and autism causing vaccine at the front desk.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It was still dumb because Gods trump human magic.

Plus implied zombie rape so gently caress that book.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Wa11y posted:

Apparently, Thor never read the fine print on his hammer. It clearly says, "...if HE be worthy..." Women are exempted from having to be worthy to wield the power of Thor. Lawyered.

It said "if THEY be worthy" for decades actually so no real nerd says that.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Probably in a wheelchair.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

LvK posted:

clearly the visor is made to pick up on his unique brainwave signatures so that he can psychically command it, as long as it is making direct electro-wha-something-etic contact with his skin, you ding-dong!

That's dumb, he obviously uses a series of complicated eyebrow gestures.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

So what about when he's not wearing gloves? You people expect me to believe he'd risk psychic feedback and wardrobe malfunction instead of putting simple eyebrow activated triggers in the visor that his enemies don't want to take off for fear of subjecting their face to the unbridled fury of the punch dimension?

Scoff I say!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

Well, Frank did apparently have a nuke or two spare.

A good way to eliminate a few pesky super-powerful players.

And make a bunch more radioactive and pissed.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

The Flash was literally in two places at once.

That was Wally's go to when he got his identity re-secreted. Moving so fast that Wally West and The Flash were not only in the same room but having a conversation and shaking hands.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Doesn't Cap's shield absorb all force or something so he should just be able to stand there while the pretty light bounces off his shield?

Cap was being a sport and jumped backwards.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Marvel doesn't even have, like, one guy who can proofread their spanish, french, or any other foreign language. Walking a block to a NY university and giving 10 bucks to a linguistics student is just too much work. Just stick that poo poo into google translate!

Marvel cant afford a cork board with the names of dead characters push-pined to it, not if the want to keep the one bathroom open.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Uthor posted:

In the current F4,rhe Richards have been kicking out of New York and their children taken away because of, oh, dangerous physics experiments like portals to the Negative Zone.

A series of events so common and derivative for the FF it produced a collective sigh and sales to drop low enough that Marvel can justify canceling the book.

Reed Richards does little more then get punished by the government/sued by people when Hickman isn't writing the FF.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Uthor posted:

Well, I didn't say I was enjoying reading it! And I don't know much of the F4 outside of Millar, Hickman, and Fraction's runs.

I didn't either but Hickman's run got me to try and catch up and the modern FF are stuck in a Hank Pymian hell of being "fixed" by almost every writer. The family is fractured and Reed is finally being punished for his hubris! Again.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

As a result of Secret Wars II all science, medicine and law disciplines were consolidated by The Beyonder as he was confused by their separation. This act echoed backwards through time changing the very fabric of jobs your mom wants you to have.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

dordreff posted:

Bobby Drake the Iceman teaches maths and used to be an accountant, which is kind of hosed up IMHO. Also I think Gambit taught sex ed, which should definitely be illegal.

The Xavier School for the Gifted has an almost 99% employment rate for it's graduates, as teachers for the The Xavier School for the Gifted.

Remember when Kitty Pryde was a successful business woman who ran for the Senate? Then Whedon couldn't get an erection with out her on the team so she became another sad loser hanging out at a school she graduated from a decade ago?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The only thing Slott is worried about is losing face when somebody else gets to captain the unsinkable ship and the numbers stay the same instead of drop off.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Majuju posted:

Firelord is a former Herald of Galactus, so he's got access to the Power Cosmic and theoretically is much stronger than Doom/X-Men/the FF. It's like Spidey beating Silver Surfer or whatever.

Firelord and all the other heralds that came after Surfer have significantly less access to The Power Cosmic by design as Galactic didn't/doesn't trust them after Surfer's betrayal. They have even less then that once de-heralded.

Fact is all heralds except Silver Surfer are chumps even with The Power Cosmic and Spidey beat the chumpiest of them by the skin of his teeth.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Well they're sure as hell nothing I would want to eat.

I once tried Hostess Fruit Pie as a child simply because of the ads.

They were nasty.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

TwoPair posted:

No, he calls himself Ragnarok. Eric Masterson's kid is the new Thunderstrike. Neither one of them really ever show up because no one gives a poo poo about either of them.

Only due to editorial killing the book because it was outselling the actual Thor book.

I am still bitter about that poo poo.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'm pretty sure the reveal wasn't about how Doom couldn't unfuck up his face but about how he had actually made it worse with subconscious god-powers. It's not actually what Doom looks like it's what he thinks he does.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Galactus gets knocked down a lot but tends to no sell for the next page or so afterwards

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Cabbit posted:

Why is she fighting Venom?

We need another connection to Spider-Gwen quick put venom in!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Y-you're right... :catstare:

We don't need another hero.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

rotinaj posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I totally want a barrel of high octane fuel strapped to my shin

The question is which half of your shin?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Not if you are in a suit of it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Eh he's Superman so I buy that he could do that, why he would when there is a perfectly good sun right there? I got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Uthor posted:

Hawkeye 22

That fell flat for me because I never bought track suit bros or mime man as an actual threat. Every victory they chalked up felt like blatant authorial fiat to me instead of feeling earned by the story.