Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

AnonSpore posted:

How has Aquaman not destroyed DC Japan yet

You forget... Godzilla is a sea creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I assumed Doom couldn't conceive of a future in which he didn't exist, so all his scryings really did come down to a single option. Doom will rule the world, or destroy it trying.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't it also a thing that fire made martians want to get mad rutty?

http://youtu.be/WsrylO_by2k?t=58s ?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

For someone whose job is to get into wild fist fights with supervillains this design decision seems awfully irresponsible.

Eeh, you can say the same thing about Spidey's web shooters. The answer is something about it needing a specific pressure, so a fist or punch is too much to set it off.

But given that kid-Cyclops isn't wearing gloves, I'm going to assume the eyebrows thing is also true.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jonny Nox posted:

Why is Bruce using that stupid phone? It's Superman,he can hear you. Also Supes puts his down frame 2. He must realize how stupid it looked...

I guess Batman still needs to hear Supes? Or... well, he can probably lip-read, so maybe not...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Skates.

And I guess because that's Iron Rhodey it's more blaxploitation than sexist with the 'woman' lone, but it still reminds me of Monica's flashbacks in Nextwave.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Actually, physically stimulating the area can cause men to grow more there. to the point that some soldiers which pound their chests with their rifles as they march end up having breast-reduction surgery.

So just imagine the Hulk pounding his chest like Tarzan a few hundred times a day, and suddenly...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The Question IRL posted:

If it's any consulation, the time Cyclops fixed Colossus head after it got dented inwards so bad he couldn't turn back to human form was in the 90's. And to fix him Moria McTagart, Beast and Charles Xavier fixed him with Surgery. Cyclops was using his Optic Blast into a machine to create the laser, so you could argue that the beam was only powering the machine.

Oh and I'm sure that in some comic they said that Colossus bleeds crackling Kirkby style energy.

Bah, when that happens you just soak it in some hot water and let the air pressure inside do the job!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

WickedHate posted:

Nah, comics have just tended towards being liberal(which is what makes the recent objections to Marvel's diversity and Captain America punching out racists so funny). That was soon after if not right around McCarthyism, after all. Conservatives are just so...creatively stunted, it seems. You wanna see a right wing hero?

Beautiful.

Wow... Is this a parody? It must be, right? There's no way someone could think that protesters for freedom of religion and expression were right-wing just because they gave the evil police hammer-and-sickle emblems.

Then again, if it is genuine, it's the kind of conservative who thinks that saying 'happy holidays' is suppressing their religion by not mentioning Jesus at all possible opportunities.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's a fashion thing that comes and goes with him... kinda like Storm's mohawk, Hulk's dumbness or Prof X's wheelchair. One writer wants to bring it back, then another wants it gone again...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Hey Yinsen, I've got a plan. Check this out."
"It's... A suit? You're going to use it to escape?"
"Uhhh... Yeah. Yeah, that's what it's for."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
People shouldn't shoot at Superman - Everyone knows it's a thrown gun which is actually dangerous to him!

http://i.imgur.com/SBdHaNJ.mp4

I forget how to embed mp4s.
Fake edit: Oh, they do it automatically, just not in the preview.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I do recall in Mystique's solo book she makes a fake test tube of goop in her pocket with her powers, and comments she made it the same way she does glasses and the like.

So yeah, always technically naked.

And on a DC note, given that Green Lantern costumes are projected by the ring, I wonder how often Guy Gardner showed up freeballin'...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
His explanation is that he's a dog, he's attracted to other dogs, so her being naked to him didn't really have any effect.

But then he ends up dating a human later anyway...

Someone post something badass from Top 10. I can only think of stuff for the funny or heartwarming threads right now, and don't have the books with me to find more.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

flosofl posted:

Huh. Worked fine on iOS Awful app.

Yeah, it's mobile browsers they don't work properly on.

You have to tap the image to unspoiler, but also tap the image to expand/retract, and the latter takes priority.

Including some spoilered text to tap on works pretty well too.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Exit Strategy posted:

I'm just saying that if I need a permit to carry a pistol, maybe the government should have oversight over the man with laser eyes that can cut buildings in half. You know. Know where he lives, maybe do a criminal background check before he's allowed in public, stuff like that?

Moving the metaphor for mutants to homosexuality rather than race, haven't people tried to make this argument about people with AIDS on account of those deadly deadly blood cells they carry around?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, one freeze ray and then a regular home freezer with a backup generator.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I figured the cnversation went somethig like "Your kevlar might be good for catching bullets, Frank, bit it's less effective against being punched. Like THIS!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Frank is totally the type of guy to spell it as Head CaNNon.

Then make an actual head cannon

A cannon shaped like a head that shoots heads, mounted on his head.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought it was some kind of curse-loophole. Like

"Kraven! The next time you hunt Spider-Person is the time you die! So Sayeth Something Important!"
"Huh... so... what if I just hunt everyone else?"
"I Did Not Account For that!"
"I'm gonna wrestle a kraken!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Etrigan is forced to rhyme. He is not forced to rhyme well.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Flesh Forge posted:

I am the giant baby squeezing puny priest men

Take better care of your warhams.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Unlucky7 posted:

I wonder if anyone in the Marvel universe has caught on that when Spider-man stops making jokes, either something is seriously wrong or it is time to run. Likely both.

Doc Ock did in one of the cartoons.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pietro is a dick sometimes, but he's redeemed by tending to Lockjaw.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lobok posted:

With the smoke rising up from... below them?

Hot things rise above cooler, and their tempers are causing liftoff

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Look, those guns gave him time to either prepare a counterattack or fix his cowl and grunt. And Batman cares about his brand.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Don't forget Throg, who I am very disappointed to learn was a human transformed into a frog, and not simply a worthy frog.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In ADTRW it's rude NOT to link to it.

Scanlators and other fan-sharing has a strange relationship with manga in that a lot of official places look at what's getting scanned to decide what to localise. Like how Netflix did with pirate-streams when deciding what to buy. And some official sites add links to new chapters on mangadex and other aggregators.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Alhazred posted:

Isn't there currently three or four Wolverines, including one actual wolverine, in the MCU?

Yes, but only one is allowed to be Wolverine at a time. They do have

Logan classic
Old Man Logan from an alternate future
Laura Kinney, clone of Logan
Gabby, AKA Honey Badger, clone of Laura
Daken, son of Logan
James Logan, son of a different dimension's Logan
Jonathan the Actual Wolverine

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Image four batmen on the edge of a gargoyle...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Like I said, any anti-GA plan is also anti-Bats

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also, he'd be getting back up in that ring under any sun you like. Someone needs saving.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hopped up on goofballs.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Slow agers aren't allowed to turn 70. It's their 30.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Random Stranger posted:

Who's drinking the diamonds? Unless they're also from Bismol they're going to have some problems.

In my head, the diamonds are actually ground up broken glass because of escapades involving Jimmy Olsen fortress-sitting, and the inferior vintage will kill a space-Pope.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I blame Xavier's School for the Gifted. Lousy muties.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

How Wonderful! posted:

It's not a slur if Elfface is a mutant. Are you a mutant, Elfface...?

Gee, I dunno How Wonderful... Are you a [Insert slur of choice, boy Kitty liked to use 'em!]?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Skwirl posted:

I don't think Bobby Drake has ever died (Outside of non x books where half/all life is eliminated only to be restored at the end).

By the time anyone thought to kill him, his powers made him functionally immortal. Just rebuilds himself from nearby water.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, that's just using his blasters. Superman is the one who farts, that little girl told everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Cooked Auto posted:

Jubilee becoming a vampire was probably the best thing that happened to her for a very long time.

It's a shame they cured her, she was a cool supporting member in Hellcat's series, especially when she turned into a cloud of mist with shades.