Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hey guys Im Max Damage and my superpower is pedophilia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Technically his super power is he isn’t a pedophile but he totally could be if he wanted

*not any more, definitely used to be (this is unambiguously spelled out like a dozen times throughout the comic)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Clark is super-ethical so he is never going to get rich, unless he figures his poo poo out and Does Something about all the wealth aggregators

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah exactly

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

even Superman's might fails before the incredible power of Enlightened Capitalism

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think it was particularly a passion project for the writer. Almost reads like a thought experiment, hurt by their lack of comic knowledge.

the problems with the comic were not really to do with Molly Ostertag at all, although I didn't like the way her art evolved towards the end (it became more refined in technique but it lost a lot of character and charm and she stopped putting in the effort of drawing backgrounds for most panels)
e: (considering the way the comic just stopped I don't think she was super happy doing it at all so I can't really blame her)

the story had a pretty high point in the first arc, where Allison and Cleaver have all their good interaction bits, but then it just kinda wallows in a whole bunch of awful bullshit. Kill Your Local Rapist taken to a literal extreme. Clevin being a huge field of waving red flags. Deeply gross takes on consent and stuff. Just wildly headfucked in so many ways.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The_Other posted:

So John Allison has been releasing a Conan the Barbarian comic on his website. Here are the final two pages of the first "issue".

I can't tell if that's satire or a straight adaptation

it's great