Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's badass, but "Heven"? Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Also, if that Tenth Real is still positioned on the Norse world tree at least give it a wacky name like Hevenheim or something.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

d00gZ posted:

At least her name isn't Nevaeh.

"You still haven't given up on me, Alfred?"

"Nevaeh!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I really like "Doom is no man's second choice." A badass breakup-line if there ever was one.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It bothers me more than it should, but "I... Darkseid!" makes Darkseid sound like a verb missing an object. You darkseid what, huh?

Also, he should have said "It is I... Darkseid!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Idran posted:

I'm pretty sure they meant "less than 1 yoctosecond" (since "yocto" is the smallest metric prefix) there; that there's no word to describe the specific fraction of a second he spent, not no word to describe the period of time at all.

At least, that was the implication I got? :v:

How about "YOLOsecond"?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Hey, the Marvel Universe has 2 superhero lawyers and by god they will be used in whatever case they need to be used in, sense be damned.

Also Daredevil and She-Hulk both have the same problem regarding writing that super-scientists do, which is that fields of study simply don't matter (see geneticist Hank McCoy's jet that he built for the X-Men or Ultron, created by biophysicist Hank Pym). Scientists just do science and in the case of She-Hulk, she just does lawyering, who cares about what area of the law she's supposed to practice in.

Not as egregious as the examples you posted, but every X-Man can become a teacher by having lived in a school for a bit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Oh, I do not doubt that there are ways for the X-Men to legally teach at their school. I was more commenting on how next generation mutants wont be able to solve simple math problems because all their teachers know about is Transdimensional Transportation and Stabbing 101.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Walter White punched Jesus so hard his head turned Exorcist-style.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I haven't followed MK lore in ages, but it's good to see that it is still basically a soap opera with added spine-removal.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cassa posted:

And Superman got shot and then pushed a Guardian and a planet into the Sun, so y'know.

Also two pages later in that Injustice:

"... now I'm willing to do whatever it takes!"

*punch*

edit: I'm sorry, I mean *thwak*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Kramjacks posted:

You might be thinking of Identity Crisis, where he stabs The Flash in the gut by holding his sword out and making The Flash run into it by herding him with exploding bombs.

It's a small wonder The Flash is not regularly decapitated by clotheslines.

zoux posted:

You would be Bizarro :raise:

You mean he would not be Bizarro!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

(Spider-Man doesn't know how to drive).

But... but... Spider-Mobile?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

Well, Viking, for one.

I vike it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

zoux posted:

Well, who was the villain?

I know this was already answered, but I wanted to yell ONSLAUGHT as soon as I read this. They somehow managed to create a character that is even more try-hard than Onslaught, and they named it after that one creepy movie with Jesse Ventura.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Storm is basically female Thor, minus the hammer.
And of course, that story line has been done.

Wahboom Bada Boom!

Picture is ruined be her barely-existing waist.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

The panic is perfectly drawn. Clark just using every ounce of Super-intellect to try and figure out how to convince her to let him comp her papers, while not A) spilling Bruce's secret identity and B) not sounding like a selfish, bad son.

I like to imagine that Clark is afraid that Bruce has wiretapped the place and is in mid-meltdown at this moment. Because wiretapping the Kent's farm is totally something Batman would do.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

There's this picture of Hulk lifting a mountain that's just complete crap, as that mountain would just crumble and bury Hulk in rubble. Or are the writers trying to tell me that Hulk has the same powers of tactile telekinesis as Superman? I find that highly unlikely.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I haven't read anything about evil mind-controlling Mr Fantastic but to me it sounds like his power works the same way as early Magneto's power to control others through his MAGNETIC PERSONALITY.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I imagine Peter became the world's greatest pro wrestler in a world where Uncle Ben lived.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Look chopping off an arm or a leg gives the other guy the opportunity to become a cool cyborg, you're really doing them a favor

They're rubber swords. Honest!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Chinaman7000 posted:

What happens if the Flash is carrying Cap's shield, and runs into Cyclops' optic blast, and is on an airplane is taking off on a treadmill going the opposite direction? Also the Hulk and Juggernaut are there.

They all make out, obviously.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

This always makes me laugh. Why would the Thing, or anybody really, care if the Thing's face got slashed up? He's already supposed to be an ugly inhuman monster. It's similar to the Abomination, who at one time got dumped into toxic waste and who should have called himself Abominationer afterwards.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cassa posted:

There's still something to be said for the man who raises himself up beyond what society thinks him capable, and stands shoulder to shoulder with gods.

Without starting with billions and billions of dollars I mean.

Shoulder to elbow, you mean.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Head Lopper

Those poor dogs.

Travis343 posted:

Ah yes I got the failed attempt confused with the successful attempt.

No nose caveman Wolverine was probably the worst time to be reading the character literally ever. Killing him completely was way kinder.

It was a time when Wolverine turned into every single terrible 90s copy of Wolverine.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

How many "the devils" has Constantine hosed with? This looks like the fourth that I know of.

"The devil" is probably distinct from Lucifer. Haven't read nearly as many Constantine books as I should have though, so who knows.

This The devil looks like a punk.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

Three of them have the same forehead.

Fixed. I imagine they conceptually started as Klingons.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And this is meaningfully distinct from Dredd how? :v:

They were *illegal* war crimes!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I am one of the foot soldiers getting murdered by demons. I have kids, I need this job.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I hate Cap's hair flowing out through his torn swimming hat. It looks like his head is on fire from beating up Gambit so hard.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

I think most of us are Hawkeye.

Girls get to be the good Hawkeye, but still Hawkeye.

These forums are Hawkeye all the way down.

Not me, I'm :haw:-guy.

:haw:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

For every practical definition of the word, Alfred is Bruce's father. And you don't gently caress with his kid.

He even put on a god drat Batman mask to indulge his son's weird hobby while saving his rear end, how great is that?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

What is the color of pedantry, I want that ring

Beige, but you have to pronounce "beige" correctly in your oath to get a ring.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

"Hey, should we embezzle this money from the starving orphans?"

"What are you talking about, it's money! What, you're afraid that you're going to jail? The justice system in this country is a joke!"

"Nah, I'm worried that the immortal Spirit of Vengeance will horribly take me away from mortal coil and curse me to sorrow and torture forever."

"Spectre? Isn't he a myth?"

"Man, he was on CNN fighting some space monsters two days ago!"

More like,

"Hey, should we embezzle this money from the starving orphans?"

"Sure, gently caress them!"

"But I'm worried that the immortal Spirit of Vengeance will horribly take me away from mortal coil and curse me to sorrow and torture forever."

"lol why, it's just starving orphans. If God wanted them to live, they wouldn't be starving."

"Sound logic, that!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tag yourself, I'm Boomerbutt.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'd pass on the "living Riesling".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

'Gift' is German for 'poison' so if you gently caress that up you can have a lot of intercultural fun!

Though there is the German word 'Mitgift' ('dowry') where the original meaning is preserved. Maybe some Germans really wanted to give their sons-in-law some poison and that's why the meaning changed.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Shifts like that can have the weirdest, most opaque reasons. My bet is on the increasing popularity of TV shows over the last few years that have old timey dialog.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

... Is he fart-propelling through space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

HE CANNOT DEFEAT ME! FOR I HOLD AXE'S SECRET WEAKNESS!

HIS AXE!

Because I stole it!