Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I don't think we have a disturbing panels thread, so let's put them here instead.

Immortal Hulk #8:
The Hulk has been captured by a suspicious organization. Beware, body horror ahead.

Then, near the end of the issue:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Elfface posted:

I'm going to assume Wyatt Wingfoot is what she's calling Namor.

Just to clarify Wyatt Wingfoot is a FF supporting character who's been around since the 1960s. It's a very comic book name, though.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

This happens at the start of Busiek's Avengers, part of Heroes Return. Everyone who'd been an Avenger trying to stop a bank heist. It doesn't go well.

Yeah, that was a pretty fun scene.

Source: Avengers (1998) #4

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Now for some hard-hitting stuff from... arguably the most notoriously silly 80s toy franchise?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (IDW) Macro-series: Michelangelo

Context:
Shredder is dead, and Splinter has accepted leadership of the Foot ninjas to show them a better way. While a more compassionate leader, he is visibly becoming harsher and more jaded. The Turtles were shocked and appalled, and went their own way. After the city was attacked by aliens, the Turtles rescued a bunch of orphans and with no other place to go, asked Splinter to give them a home. Splinter accepted... as long as the kids would be trained as the new generation of Foot ninjas. Mikey has grown especially attached to the kids and has been a big brother to them.

After a brutal, but surprisingly even fight:

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 6, 2020

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Yes but they only appear in the Bebop and Rocksteady books.

Source: Bebob And Rocksteady Hit The Road #1

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
If I remember correctly, they didn't initially have plans to mutate Jennika, the story just went that way. So her name is just a name, never planned to be compared to the other turtles.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Erik Larsen just posted a gallery of every double page spread he’s ever drawn for print going back to his very first book up to the modern era. The sheer volume of this gallery is awe inspiring.

https://twitter.com/erikjlarsen/status/1436045611388719121?s=21

This certainly was an era.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Skulk Hogan posted:

A deposed Dr. Doom returns to Latveria.

Well, that's a 2010s throwback.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
...I remember that haircut. This is the same period where Sue was eventually turned into an evil dominatrix and saved through misogyny.
Content warning for domestic violence.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Strange #3

Man, ever since Rose returned, he's lost to EVERYBODY in super humiliating ways.
Dude's rich, he really should just learn something from this and retire.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : The Armageddon Game - The Alliance

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Originally posted in the funny panels thread by accident, meant to post these here.

Source: Fantastic Four (2022) #5

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

That's Ryan North on the script, right?

Yep, and lineart by Ivan Fiorelli, colors by Jesus Aburtov.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Horace Kinch posted:

The Thing is a worse Hulk with a shittier catchphrase.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Immortal Thor #1
Al Ewing knows a thing or two about epic comic book storytelling and the art excellent for its purpose.
It's especially fun because it alludes to the mythological character Utgard-Loki (no actual relation to the god Loki). So, what if there was an Utgard-Thor as well?
I just like this. It's neat. Melodramatic cape comics, yes, but Thor kinda needs that kinda tone.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Admiralty Flag posted:

Ray's fiddling with his belt (the source of his shrinking powers) and a beam comes out, hitting his brain. Then in the next couple of panels we see (hear?) Darkseid speaking in slurred, nonsensical words. Ray's giving him the mother of all strokes. At least that's as I remember it -- it's been years since I've last read it, so I could be wrong.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
A battle against a cockatrice, which can kill you with its gaze. To explain why his leg is talking... Our hero is carrying the head of an immortal being in a compartment in his artificial leg.

Source: Coda #6
The series has a lot of potential candidates, but this is what I had available.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

Did they ever explain where all the adamantium was coming from? Did Proteus just whip it up in between resurrections?

I feel like with telepathy, the astral plane is sort of the internet for brains and souls, so it's less about your brainwaves travelling through the air and more some sort of relativistic poo poo about how psychic signals travel through there

Forge has a giant pool of it in his lab, but it's never really explained how he made it. And everyone else just steals it from Wolverine skeletons.