Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Byers2142 posted:

Summers will start poo poo with anyone who even kinda attacks mutants. Anyone.

Avengers versus X-Men #1

Doesn't Cap's shield absorb all force or something so he should just be able to stand there while the pretty light bounces off his shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Not at my computer right now but One-Punch Man does some loving amazing work with sfx text. I'll find some pages and post them once I get home if nobody else does.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Don't they dine in Themyscira all the time though

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Aww sheeit is it time for manga vs comics again that's my favorite one

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

It's detailed because the artist who is named on the cover only draws the important parts of the book. Assistants draw backgrounds and other things like that.

Yeah I also don't think Oda has taken more than a couples weeks off since 1997

Oda takes breaks a lot for a WSJ mangaka. In contrast Murata Yuusuke never took a single week off in all 300-odd chapters of Eyeshield 21's run.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How is he blocking strikes from a woman who just twisted a metal pipe like it was made of aluminum foil

Actually you know what it's Batman I'm sorry for asking

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gavok posted:

Most of Mortal Kombat X #8 could be in this thread, but I had to cut it down a bit. The background is that after Shao Kahn died in the last game, the throne of Outworld was soon taken over by Kotal Kahn (no relation. "Kahn" appears to be more of a title than a name). He did this by dethroning Mileena, Shao's "rightful heir." Unlike Shao Kahn and all the other emperor characters in Mortal Kombat, Kotal Kahn is actually portrayed as more of a champion to the weak and is in fact a leader you can get behind, even if he is into drinking the blood of his enemies and eating their hearts.

He sent Goro to go hunt down Mileena and finish her off, but Goro instead betrayed Kotal, joined with Mileena's side and killed a bunch of Kotal's warriors, including Kotal's father. Now Kotal's out to get revenge, riding through the desert on a dinosaur alone. When Rain tries to blot out the sun with clouds and cut off Kotal's power, Kotal summons a beam of intense sunlight right into him, frying Rain to a crisp. He kills some of Goro's men with ease, then demands a piece of Goro.

And yes, Kotal Kahn has his very own Master Blaster on the payroll.

...Goro didn't explain why he's serving Mileena, that was such a non-answer

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Now that you've pointed that out, I'm beginning to suspect that the character motivations in Mortal Kombat aren't all they're cracked up to be.

It's just weird that they'd specifically mention that and then not even try to have an answer that makes sense.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Uthor posted:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 2

Those are some gangsta rear end robot poses in the first panel.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I dunno, completely devoid of context that read like two men who both absolutely believed they were right and the other was evil deciding to fight, and the stronger one won and so he was right

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

God drat

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Forgive me, all I can see in that last panel is Brainiac's ship

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

prefect posted:

(Still, it was a pretty impressive and unsettling page when I read it.)

That one scientist on the right is holding a huge tank full of liquid and other material with one hand in an extremely precarious overhand grip, he must be swole as hell

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

prefect posted:

I call bullshit on this, because Tony Stark is a great engineer, but not the kind of scientist who could build a synthezoid. :spergin:

He's smart, in comic book terms that means he knows everything.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The perspective in the second panel made me think she'd been torn in half for a second :stare:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I might be misremembering things but didn't Thor catch wind of that tale and then later get his hands on Loki?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Not exactly: The Corinthian tracks Loki down, breaks his neck, and rips out his eyes and "eats" them with the mouths which are also his eyes which is gross, and Corinthian talks about how awesome it is to see through the eyes of a god and how Loki is immortal so having his neck broken is just going to suck PRETTY BAD, and then Thor and Odin come to collect Loki and put him back in his legendary prison where a woman drops snake venom from a bowl into his raw eye sockets and he can't even squirm around in agony any more because his neck is broken FOREVER, but while they're carrying him away Loki starts trying to tell Thor about how Loki hosed Thor's wife and Thor starts to get really mad and Loki's trying to goad Thor into killing him properly, but Odin is all like Na man Loki is a jerk and a liar, he is lying don't worry about it son and Thor is like Oh ok dad welp let's stuff his rear end back in the snake venom room!!

Ooh yeah I remember now.

The Corinthian was such a cool dude. You know. For a nightmare serial killer.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

This has to be intentional.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Of course it is, and so was this:

How could he not have heard about the Hawkeye Initiative :shrug:

I knew he'd heard of it, I didn't know he'd gotten around to actively posing for it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So Thor sent out his hammer into outer space, into a sun to superheat it, then reach relativistic velocities only to kill one guy.
And he still caught Mjolnir on the way out bare-loving-handed.
Why are there still Christians and Buddhists and stuff in the Marvel universe?

Marvel never draws their adventures, but 616 Jesus and Buddha are also swole as gently caress and regularly save the universe by punching mans

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"A latte most vanilla" is an amazing Thorism

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Would Thor remember the shame of the outfit most 90s?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I would buy a whole series that was just these two bickering back and forth while saving the sea.

United in their hatred of the surface world's wanton ways except for the delicious pizza

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The coolest part about that panel is that all the strikes are targeted at vital weak points on the human body

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is that what the page normally looks like? The sharp text and blurry art is weirding me out something fierce.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Galactus: One Baad Dude

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

or you get this

Fantastic Four 604

I never noticed but now I can't unsee Franklin's teeth being really off center.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Uthor posted:

Casandra Nova tried to convince Storm to turn her back on the X-Men and join Casandra's side. She did this by trapping Storm in a claustrophobic space. This is Storm's answer.

X-Men '92 #3

I saw the lightning in her mouth and that got me wondering (though it's probably been answered a million times), is Storm flat out immune to stuff like electricity and temperature changes as a side effect of her mutation? If so, does that apply to other mutants as well or is it a case-by-case sort of thing?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dude with an X on his chin is also Woodchuck from Record of Lodoss War so yeah it's a deliberate homage. And I know I've seen the dude in green too, I just can't remember where.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I mean, those are both pretty much the same gag, one just has a lot more words pointing it out just in case you didn't get the reference. I'm not particularly a fan of overt references like that myself, but I feel like if you like the one it's kinda weird to not like the other.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm not really familiar with the character, is there a reason why her skin is Joker white?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Uthor posted:

Where's the post where someone calculated how fast Flash was running and how many Gs each person experienced? I recall it being something like 5c or 15 c.

I only remember that according to the breakdown the Flash was moving a lot faster than the speed of light.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

If there's half a batarang in your brain I'm pretty sure you're dead or you'll wish you were.

They're all sleeping, okay?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

You ain't one'a them mutie sympathizers are ya

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Probably with somebody named Chris

Starring the reanimated corpse of Chris Farley as Blackagar Boltagon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

flosofl posted:

So he can read, but is unable to write because...? I mean, even a slate and a piece of chalk hanging around his neck is several steps up the communication chain than what's on that page.

He could carry around a little blackboard and scrape his nails on it to fit with his theme of devastating sonic attacks

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If Flash can't think as fast as he moves it must really suck to just be running into/through walls/people all the time because his eyes can't process the information fast enough to let hiim move out of the way.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anything that happens in Thor God of Thunder should be judged purely on how loving metal it is, not by how much sense it makes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

But the shield is supposed to completely absorb all kinetic energy she should just be standing there and the ball hits the shield and drops to her feet every time

:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Spider-Man's deadliest foe was clearly Mysterio