Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
THORS 003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Keeshhound posted:

Hawkeye has never (to my knowledge) been in a ten round cage match with Galactus.

Kate could take him.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Pym particles shrink Galactus to the size of a normal human. He retains the proportional strength of Galactus. Fight.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

Galactus' size is symbolic more than anything. Shrinking him would not improve your chances.

You suck at this game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TwoPair posted:

Thor God of Thunder #17

This scene always bothered me because the resolution to the God Butcher arc was supposed to be that everyone forgot it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The problem with the God Butcher being in-continuity is that I then demand to know where they've been hiding :black101: ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD :rock: and why it doesn't have its own monthly title.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm just happy that there is a comic book group where the black guy is the smart one

Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight, Steel, Mt. Terrific?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wanderer posted:

It's been the case for at least thirty years. It's probably fine.

Bucky was dead, Nick Fury was white, Wolverine was a mutant, and Spider-man was married.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Didn't 1 guy get to be Cap because the other 30 guys trying to catch the shield broke their arm/shoulder?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Endless Mike posted:

No, Claremont made it such that there's a right and a wrong choice. It was later decided that those who made the wrong choice get super powers anyway.

Don't forget the part where Lionheart isn't told what the choices represent (by Braddock, of all people, who had the choices clearly laid out to him).

"gently caress errybody!" - Chuck Austen 3:16

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Reminds me of that time they had Black Bolt yell into a power amplifier to shoot Uatu-infused Doom.

Why yes, Reed and Sue are wearing "Power Optimization Vests" replete with pouches in order to power up to fight Cosmic Doom.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Flesh Forge posted:

Why does Ben Grimm have Iron Man Face.

Wolverine slashed his face. Then a robot punched it until his inside Thing bits oozed out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mind the walrus posted:

This 90s art almost looks tolerable in pencil.

Don't make me dig up Sue's "Milftastic 4" outfit panels. Not even pencil can save them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
YOU WANT SOME GODDAMN PANELS?

Let's start with the holographic cover to that sicknasty issue.

Sue gets tarted up:

Skrulls happen. Reed/Sue start bickering... again...

FF has a run-in with The New FF/Defenders:

They all get yanked up to The Watcher's Citadel in The Blue Area of the Moon:

Again in Pencil:

The big reveal of Ben's face.

Ben gets his mask on.

Check out this sick 2099 reference, bro.

Super-Vests and Super-Guns, care of Reed Richards/

Then, Black Bolt does his thing.

And the next page. (Badass Sound Effects!)

Also, there's some subplot where Franklin Richards is an out-of-control toddler who knocks out his Super-Witch Nanny and his granddad from the future has to come pull him outside the timeline or some ridiculous comic bullshit.

Also, The Milftastic Sue Storm is a reference to her latest Malice resurgence during the Infinity War (Super-Nanny namedrops Malice specifically).
See Also:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is that Rhodey?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Choco1980 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a color error. Like everything outside the black bikini zone is supposed to be skin and they colored it white instead.

That's a fancy way of saying "forgot to color at all".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

redbackground posted:

Has Strange ever had to bust out emergency surgery tactics on a fallen superhero? He still knows more about internal medicine than most, even if he doesn't practice anymore. Seems as if he'd at least be brought in as a consult, in Things's case.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

redbackground posted:

Has Strange ever had to bust out emergency surgery tactics on a fallen superhero? He still knows more about internal medicine than most, even if he doesn't practice anymore. Seems as if he'd at least be brought in as a consult, in Things's case.

Strange was with the Defenders/New FF in the issue where Wolvie carves up Thing. Consequently, at that point, no, Thing was staying the hell away from him.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Other Marvel Doctors Who Specialize in Fixing Metahumans:
  • Night Nurse
  • Cecilia Reyes
  • Claire Temple
  • Kavita Rao
  • Erica Sondheim
  • Doc Connors (a.k.a. The Lizard)
  • Doc Samson

Also, weirdly enough, when Sue Storm was miscarrying, they brought in Doctor loving Octopus to save the baby.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

prefect posted:

Doc also did an astral-form ride-along/consultation for a doctor who had to perform surgery on Strange's body. I can't find pictures, though. :eng99:

I can't find the panels, but I swear to Agamotto that Dr. Strange did magical surgery on Eternity once. :catdrugs:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

redbackground posted:

There was some kind of specialized radiation background needed, and he fit the bill. Morbius was brought in too for his mad blood skillz.

Aww man... I forgot about Morbius.

So does everyone else. :smith:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mind the walrus posted:

I could never forget how many episodes that Spiderman cartoon in the 90s forced me to sit through him, while leaving so little time for the Green Goblin I was honestly surprised in 2001 when everyone was talking about how the Green Goblin was always Spidey's enemy #1.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ignite Memories posted:

Why am I not reading She-Hulk, exactly?

You are a terrible person.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I thought "Person, Agent of A.C.R.O.N.Y.M." was a Marvel shtick.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ha ha, I forgot I made this one time.

Not a panel, but I like it anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The NEW FF was and is better than OG FF.

I don't see how this could ever be in question.

Ben Grimm still my homeboy on Yancy Street, tho.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

KayTee posted:

How strong are they now, anyway? I remember owning an annual back in the late 80's early 90's where they were compared to the Fantastic Four - As flexable as Reed, disintergrate after a few hours, so untraceable a-la Sue, Torch can't burn them and they're strong enough to contain Thing.

I hated the last one because I liked Thing, and I was getting fed up with my favourite Strong Guy constantly getting one-upped by other Strong Guys, like Thor and Hulk. :(

According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Thing's Power Grid shows a Strength stat of 6 (Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.), while Thor and Hulk are bot Strength 7 (7 = Incalculable: Able to lift in excess of 100 tons.).

Maybe you should select a superior Strong Guy (but not Actual Strong Gut, who is off being the Supreme Lord of Hell or some poo poo.).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Dear God I just reread the Lionheart of Avalon section again and it's the worst loving thing. gently caress Chuck Austen.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Flesh Forge posted:

I had not heard this and also upon reviewing the synopsis of Identity Crisis I conclude there is pretty much nothing in it that is not terrible but I may be mistaken.

Can't find a primary source, but there's a hundred versions of the same story:

quote:

Fan backlash was also helped by former DC assistant editor Valerie D'Orazio coming forward and revealing that the genesis of the entire project came from Editor in Chief Dan Didio pronouncing "We need a rape".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sadly, I can believe that given how badly every attempt DC makes to be "dark and gritty" or do shades-of-grey morality has been handled.

You mean like when Alan Moore called the DC Editors about maiming Barbara Gordon during The Killing Joke and they told him to "Cripple the bitch!"?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Could have put a little more on the budget to make it not look stupid.

It's their dimension's symbol for peace.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Badass Panels: Pretty much just Thor: Goddess of Thunder

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

That's Thor, not Ares, silly.

More like Thorr.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

You can't hustle people and have loyalty and respect. That motto reveals a deeply fractured psyche.

How far down the rabbit hole have we gone?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Question IRL posted:

(Que the end of the movie where Captain Marvel Cena looks down to the defeated Black Adam Rock.)

Cena: Don't you understand Teth? The Hustle, Loyalty and Respect was inside us all this time. We didn't need magic lightning to change that.

Que?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

Who's saying "Oh poo poo"? I feel like I kinda recognize that leg.

As for flipping Manga, I always thought part of the appeal to teenagers was that it was slightly less accessible, so it made them part of a tribe.

Ulik the Troll

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Galactus reproduces asexually. Does he even have a dick to punch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry, buddy. Galactus got busy with a galaxy or something.

Clearly you haven't read the series in question.