Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drat, that is one EXTREME 90's outfit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"They say that the Olympics is going to rekindle English national pride. I mean, for £9.2 billion they could have written “gently caress off Germany” onto the moon."

- Frankie Boyle, Scottish comedian

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Later Ock ran into Joe Fixit.
Things didn't go so well for him.

Incredible Hulk #396

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

DC character chump the gently caress out of Marvel, though.

The JL alone has GoesFastMan, SuperGoku, PlansForEverythingMan, and Goku-but-telepathic-and-also-a-shapeshifter.

The only thing close that Marvel has on its day-to-day would be Sentry?
Yeah, The Avengers were pretty much chumped out quite recently to Not-The Justice League in New Avengers Vol 3 #20, that is until Strange went all Lovecraft and had Cthulhu eat them.

I was surprised by Not-Dr Fate's alter-ego apparently being Harry Potter, though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Power Girl>Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman V3 #41?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Last panel, most definitely anime.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

7c Nickel posted:

Are you reading Kill Six Billion Demons?
You should be.

Yes. Everyone should also read Battlepug. There is currently a wrestling arc happening.
You'll notice the opponents here seem to be Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan (probably?), Devilman, and Ultimate Muscle. The commentators are Jim Ross And Jerry "The King" Lawler (actually a couple of hobos in the audience talking to themselves).

This is kind of like One Punch Man, every panel is either funny or badass, or both.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

Science doors are a thing. Wells has a nice science door in The Flash
I think when The Flash claimed he could think in attosecond time spans, science stopped mattering.

The comic (source?)

The macro.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

That's pretty cool. He's above the Planck time, so I'll allow it. :colbert:

One Planck time is the time it would take a photon traveling at the speed of light in a vacuum to cross a distance equal to one Planck length. Theoretically, this is the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible,[3] roughly 10−43 seconds. Within the framework of the laws of physics as we understand them today, for times less than one Planck time apart, we can neither measure nor detect any change. As of May 2010, the smallest time interval uncertainty in direct measurements is on the order of 12 attoseconds (1.2 × 10−17 seconds), about 3.7 × 1026 Planck times.[4]

You know some super-speedster is going to do that.
Remember when the Human Torch generated The Planck temperature (roughly 100 million million million million million degrees)?
FantasticFour #569

Also, don't gently caress with Reed Richards.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think it was mentioned once that Cyclops' secondary mutation is the ability to accurately calculate angles in his head.

Yeah, Marvel wiki says it's canon.

quote:

Spatial Awareness: Cyclops possesses an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cyclops has been observed causing beams to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one blast, and still hit his intended target accurately. It is his sense of superhumanly enhanced spatial awareness that allows him to perform these feats as well.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Iceman can apparently take temperatures down to absolute zero (Marvel wiki again). I guess that's all the bases covered when it comes to extremes of temperature.

Now do negative kelvin and see what happens.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Must be the same armor he was wearing in The punisher kills The Marvel Universe.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Frank did apparently have a nuke or two spare.

A good way to eliminate a few pesky super-powerful players.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kingdom Come Flash, so fast he's everywhere at once.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

Not at my computer right now but One-Punch Man does some loving amazing work with sfx text. I'll find some pages and post them once I get home if nobody else does.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Know whats more stupid?
That guard pointing his gun at Superman.
Look out! He's going to throw it!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You know, in DKR when Batman challenges Superman to a fight, Supes heat rays the word 'WHERE?' into the ground from orbit.
He could have just heat rayed Batman to charcoal and won easily.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the one where Deathstroke takes out The Flash with knives to the knees? Yeah, that would work on a guy who thinks faster than the speed of light.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Evil Fantastic Four apparently killed some Marvel heroes as well. Captain America's shield was among their weapons, also possibly the infinity gauntlet and maybe Thor's hammer?

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 3, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This was my favorite panel, showing what happens when you overclock a cyborg.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

choobs posted:

If it's not clear what's going on, he positioned himself to protect Ms. Blizzard who was strenuously attacking him for no other reason than her own assholishness and insecurity from the blast. It's a perfect "This is what this character is all about" moment, and is badass without being just excessive violence.

She straight up was trying to slash him with a boxcutter! That's about as assholish as you can get.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Made me think of DC's Birthday Girl, who costume is just strategically placed balloons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sonic should have learned from their last fight.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone got the panels from Marvel Team-Up #88 of Sue Storm handing the wheel to Spider-Man during a high speed chase (Spider-Man doesn't know how to drive).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A certain popular badass manga is getting an animated series.

https://twitter.com/foo2333

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hyped as hell for this.

I have a feeling it's going to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdb1V0Io_g

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not gently caress with Doom

You can challenge Franklin Richard's herald? Doom, you're a wimp.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is my favorite.
I like to think the empty word bubble contained the words 'gently caress off".

Black Panther (4th series) #7

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

Same skin, but it had faded due to something in the stress of being removed and disconnected. He became the pale-yellow/white stick-of-butter Vision.

He got his sunburnt complexion back when he was body-swapped with a creepy alternate reality Vision by some guy named Proctor Creepy Alternate reality Black Knight. I'm not sure how many new bodies/reboots/retcons he's had since then. A dozen? More?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cryophage posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

This wasn't the most badass panel to post, just the easiest to animate

Also reading this.
It is badass.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad rear end place to read Power Pack.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jake Wyatt's Necropolis comic now has it's own website.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

And then when Saitama finally shows up he gives Rider a sincere compliment, "You fought well." It was one of the highest points of the series :3:

Not wanting to spoil it, but...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Latest chapter of One Punch Man.
Pretty much just excessive violence.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

Galactus: One Baad Dude

Thanos: Big purple balls of steel.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Storm is basically female Thor, minus the hammer.
And of course, that story line has been done.

Wahboom Bada Boom!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When the Gremlin wore the suit, he just sat in the chest area.

Then Iron Man murdered him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I think I can guess who this is based on, physically.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Jake Wyatt's tumblr.
This is a good design.