Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

KittenofDoom posted:

Christ I had that issue, but I didn't realize he picked up the Kingpin by his loving skin.

Was it Grim Hunt where Peter got so loving pissed he started tearing off people's skin by adhesing to their faces?

I love when authors play the "poo poo got real" situations with Spider-Man, they are always way more frightening because of the emotional charge set into his stories and the blurry upper limit of his powers. Compare to the overused "red eyes Superman" image which has lost all impact since "For the Man Who Has Everything".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jake Wyatt did one issue from last years X-Men/Spider-Man crossover (Indestructible Hulk Special), it was good too!

Marvel is killing it with fill-in artists: Panosian on Thor, Wimberly on She-Hulk, Milonogiannis on Ultimates etc

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fixed Expression posted:

Is willpower based on size, then? Are elephants stronger willed than weasels?

Well, he must have BIG GUTS.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Golgo 13 is so badass he assassinated a diamond

(via Jog)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Madkal posted:

Last night Detective Flass appeared on Gotham. It reminded me of this:

From Batman: Year One.

Note the baseball bat. Gordon gave that to Flass to make the fight more even.

I love that a cop knows precisely how much he should beat up a guy "just enough to keep him out of the hospital", and you say that Miller was never subtle

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, Hank Pym was not invited into Illuminati

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

So why is his cape the only part of the costume that isn't bulletproof?

John Byrne made up this thing:

JediTalentAgent posted:

One theory is that close-fitting fabric gets a protected by an energy field generated by his supercells. Cape, on the other hand, is too far out for the energy field to extend and protect.

Much like most things Byrne, people tend to ignore it; in the current continuity his whole suit is made of Krypton superfabric.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Vision is a dick for using these holographic keyboards - he is a robot and does not need any means of physical input, but he decides to show off before his teammates;

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

crying robots are the least badass things unless they are japanese and have long scarves

Legacy of Luther Strode #1

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Morrison made Prometheus for his run on JLA. Prometheus is one character in a long succession of writers going "I've got a great idea: Batman, but evil!"

In that case, it was particularly a mirror of the JLA Batgod, the Batman who always has a plan to defeat everyone, given enough time

*cue Lurdiak whining about powerlevels, i guess*

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

How the gently caress are they going to make a movie with black bolt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkJ86JqlPA

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Pretty sure not many superheroes have tried buying off an assassin.

Nah, it is a pretty popular move.
One that I can recall immediately is Batman bribing Mirror Master in Grant Morrison's JLA to defect from Luthor mid-battle.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Superheroes getting owned by semi-regular guy villains is great, much like godlike supervillains getting owned by Batman or Captain America.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Milotic posted:

For me, Hickman really fleshed out Fury (and a whole host of other characters both new and old), and made Hydra villains seem human. This is why Original Sin pissed me off so much. Nick Fury has always taken upon himself to be the 'One Man that stood in the gap', and he's always had the tacit consent of the superhero community when doing it. So he killed some aliens? Just think of how many Hydra goons he's put in the ground. How many young soldiers he's sent to their deaths. That's kind of what he does. And the world needs him to keep on doing it.

He is also not a real person and his characterization frequently reflects the views of a writer on the "hard-minded men keeping us safe" rhetoric.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Reminds me a lot of Michael Moorcock's writing, I like it.

Simonson actually did some comics together with Moorcock
http://www.tor.com/2013/12/20/elric-reread-comics/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Once and Future's elevator pitch is "Brandon Frasier's Mummy but its about King Arthur" and yes it is an awesome comic