Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

It was a low point in the entire Ultimates universe and probably Marvel's entire history generally. At least it gave me and Gavok some good comedy fodder, but it was still garbage.

Ultimatum honestly feels like it came out of nowhere too. It doesn't track logically from anything set from any of the Ultimate books and just was so out of loving nowhere, I am surprised Marvel didn't just say this book never happened/was all a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Crowetron posted:

If Bruce can't predict that the answer to "where is the Flash while he's fighting me" is always "up in my poo poo, infinity punching me", he's not really the World's Greatest Detective, is he?

I'm surprised the Batman fanboys aren't trying to say that Batman let Barry think he could punch him because Batman is prepared for everything. On the other hand, I want a decade of super heroes dunking on Batman because I'm sick of Batman always wins.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

The idea of Batman being out all night every single night is a very modern one, they used to play it more realistic.

I kinda like the idea that Matt Murdock did for a bit and have Spider-Man and Iron First wear your costume while you have an alibi to throw people off. I assume they do that occasionally in universe just throw people off.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Imagine trying to draw a family tree in a comic book universe. Dashes, knots, broken lines...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Infinitum posted:

*hastily scrawled note on napkin*
"Smaller quivers?"

wealth tax?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

prefect posted:

They were hosting parts of the Phoenix Force, because reasons. (Dumb reasons.)

(His sister's name is Illyana.)

Literally the only semi good thing to come out of that cluster eff was that panel where you can say, Peter Parker beat the Phoenix force be talking it to death (admittedly stolen quote from here)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

jng2058 posted:

Avengers vs X-Men, or as I like to call it The Character Assassination of Cyclops by the Coward Brian Michael Bendis :colbert:

The lead up to the forced confrontation was just dumb and out of character for most of the heroes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

No, apparently he just had an excess of negative chi pouring out. The Void is still around.

Well yah, Cyclops is still around.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Everyone has a plan until someone goes on an insane power rampage.

Kinda makes Batman's plans seems silly now that you mention it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Man, since I've become a father the randomest poo poo makes me get weepy, and this is one of em.

No joke since I became a parent some things way harder than they did before.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

10 Beers posted:

drat, what comic is it where he's talking to Spider-Man about all the teams he's on?

This old flash animation about Wolverine is pretty close.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Wolverine's favorite beer is.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah that is honestly why I wouldn't actually want immortality. Even assuming your rear end didn't end up on a blasted ruin of a planet alone for eternity there is going to come a point where you are left floating, forever, in a completely empty void with no way to possibly escape.

After Hours did a whole thing on this even limiting yourself to earth means that eventually you end up at a bottom of a mine shaft for all eternity (or under a pile of rubble) because as time goes on the chances of something awful happening where you are shot up to 100%.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

plainswalker75 posted:

Having like half the X-men drown off panel was certainly a choice as well

Was that Ultimatum and the wave that kills half of New York City? Cause if so, yah that was dumb. They killed off DareDevil and Doctor Strange after some pretty interesting tweaks of the characters for the Ultimate Universe.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Omnislash, but with a dozen hammers.

Omnismash.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Luthor really does embody the projection ("obviously he's just virtue signalling because he harbors darker motives just like the rest of us"), zero-sum thinking ("his very existence diminishes me"), and grievance culture ("he's getting in the way of my greatness") of the modern right wing.

Agreed, I think writers sometimes look too for the WELL ACTUALLY THE GOOD IS ACTUALLY BAD BECAUSE thing because the powerful people around us, even if they do something good, feels like there is an ulterior motive behind it.

Didn't Spider-Man also callout Green Goblin for the same thing when Norman said Peter wasted his talents and is lazy? Peter points out that GG/Norman could of solved cancer by now.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah basically. It works against him too, he tried copying that one guy who dodges via literal cartoon physics once and broke his own back because he is himself not a cartoon.
It's also giving him Super-Alzheimer's, iirc, because neurons aren't meant to be used like rewritable media

I forget but didn't get a bit obsessed with beating Spider-Man for awhile and thinks he understands Spider-Man's fighting style but gets chumped because Spidey's fighting style is semi-random due to his spider sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MillennialVulcan posted:

Does anyone have the pages where Conan travels back in time to convince a sorcerer to become a warrior instead and promises to train him? I could have sworn it was in this thread, but haven't been able to dig it up.

bottom page of the touching and heartwarming thread.