Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yes, I can see everything past your first sentence. :\ that is all clearly in the panels.
Why are these universes colliding? I mean, hulk knocks over buildings all the time. Not really something new.
Because the multiverse is dying and those are the last two universes left and they're smashing into each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spider-Man used more or less that defense before (albeit by getting his friends to put on Spider-Man costumes and do Spider-Manny things in court).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Basically, Superman is Clark Kent, not Kal-El. I hate it when people in comics call him by his Kryptonian name and he accepts it. He got that name when he was a day old. It's like saying an adopted kid is defined by where he is born, not where he was raised in.
I actually don't mind it since it gives a hint as to how close he is to the other character. Batman, Wonder Woman, and some others who he's let know his identity can call him Clark. Those who don't have that knowledge but want something a bit more familiar than "Superman" can call him Kal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That's what happens you beat up people in their 80s.
Hey now, this was after he was de-aged to a baby then re-aged to a younger age than he was, so he was maaaaaaaybe 40ish physically.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

Sure, I bet that's a popular excuse after a gang of people beat up an Auschwitz survivor.

LOL as if mutants are people!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

The "kid" was actually the mother of those kids.
She dies, but because she was British and Brian Braddock had moved onto the king of the Outworld, he shows up and gives her the same choice he was given. The Sword or the Stone.
She choses the Sword and becomes the new Captain Britain.
She is later renamed to Lionheart, shows up in Claremounts Excalibre run (where she is being mind controlled. 'Natch.)

And after that was into obscurity.
As for why you never heard of this? This was the Avengers run just before Disassembled so she never got a proper run on Avengers.

And yes, those pages were written by Chuck Austin.

Also someone later decided that people who pick the sword are wrong and there's a whole corps of Lionhearts who are all assholes with swords.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

That's so stupid. What the gently caress do you do with a stone?

Throw it at Batman.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

That someone would be Claremont, when he created Captain Britain? The whole point is to NOT pick the sword because if you do that you're picking a weapon to hurt people. The amulet is literally the amulet of RIGHT. It's not a hard test. Albeit it's one Austen failed.
No, Claremont made it such that there's a right and a wrong choice. It was later decided that those who made the wrong choice get super powers anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If it absorbed all kinetic energy, it would also get REALLY hot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

One day I will go to a Chikara show and stalk meet Gavok.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

How will you spot him among the crowd?

He'll be next to comics writer Chris Sims.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Well, they're doing a show the Saturday night of NYCC a few blocks away if you're going to that.

No, you're thinking of Finn Balor.

But I probably will be cosplaying as Pentagon Jr. that night, so the color scheme will remain the same.

I wish. Not this year but maybe next. NYCC keeps sneaking up on me and with hotel costs there I gotta plan ahead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it's too bad that in over 100 years of cinema and centuries of stage acting, no one has figured out how to make realistic-looking facial hair.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

For the record, Peter's developed tons of dissolving agents for his own webbing over the years. I'm gonna choose to believe he's being an rear end in a top hat to Luke there.
Or he just doesn't carry it with him and the time it would take him more than an hour of webslinging to get some and get back. (Carrying people is reserved for pretty girls, obviously.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

He has a utility belt! There's no reason he wouldn't carry at least one charge of solvent solution. What if he webs someone to a sewer wall and then there's a rush of water?

He would just pull them off. Spider-Man is stronger than his webs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

The athleticism of Savage
The courage of Hogan
The strength of Andre
The durability of Zeus
The intensity of Austin
The charisma of Mankind
Cena doesn't need all those, though. He already has HLR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

You can't hustle people and have loyalty and respect. That motto reveals a deeply fractured psyche.

It's HAVING hustle, not hustling people, JACK.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

(Que the end of the movie where Captain Marvel Cena looks down to the defeated Black Adam Rock.)

Cena: Don't you understand Teth? The Hustle, Loyalty and Respect was inside us all this time. We didn't need magic lightning to change that.

BRRRRRRRAPPPER DUUUUUDEEEE!!

*Horns*
*Credits*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to watch it, but it seems horribly unnecessary. The comic is already so well-done that it's practically animated.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought the same, but please.. watch it. It's so good
Is there an official translation or am I forced to watch some garbage pirated fan translation?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like the Star Wars comics, though there's definitely been some bits I didn't care for (everyone wields lightsabers!). I have a hard time with someone saying "Vader doesn't talk like that!" when the number of times he faced a full legion of rebels in the movies was zero.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I keep reading it because it takes 2 minutes out of my massively busy day but yeah, it's kinda gotten away from what it was supposed to be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hickman put Starlord in because he liked Chris Pratt.

quote:

I always knew Doom's throne was going to be the World Tree, but then, we started going back and forth with the editors and the other creators about who some of the extra people in the raft we're going to be at the "Secret Wars" retreat. The "Guardians" movie had just come out, and we had all seen it, and I knew I wanted to write Star-Lord because Chris Pratt was so good as Peter Quill.

I started thinking about who else I might be interested in from the Guardians, and then I remembered Doom and the World Tree, and just thought it would be cool if at a big moment, the World Tree was brought to life for Groot to become one of the big combatants in the final battle. [Laughs] I just thought it would be fun.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hickman-sets-the-stage-for-secret-wars-finale

I like how Ribic is drawing Thanos, but Ron Lim is still my definitive Thanos artist.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

He was lying in a hospital bed with severe injuries. Was unarmed and no further threat to anyone. Couldn't even talk.

Chaos Hippy posted:

You would ask that.
You can't really tell all that from the two panels posted.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm 90% sure that's Joe Mad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His time is now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Continuity is a tool, and like any tool it can be used well or it can be used poorly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

God drat it Scott, "no powers" isn't racist, stop trying to shut down our baseball game.
Wolverine and Gambit played no-powers basketball. Wolverine got mad because Gambit has super-agility and can't really turn it off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I had no idea Gambit had super-agility, although I'd expect an adamantium skeleton makes jumping a bit hard.
Here's the sequence if you're so inclined. Like every X-Men sporting activity, it ends in a fight.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hated that because I hate "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED" explanations for things.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sat-Yr-9 is evil Saturnine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

Are they pronounced the same way?
Everyone I've ever heard pronounces them differently.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think it's more because Ennis knows it's ridiculous and is writing it that way.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh, of course it is. Gotta make room for more comics about Captain Hydra, I suppose.
Or just comics that people actually buy, regardless of who it features.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Pretty sure they just put his mind inside a clone body at the end of that run. Then again, all I really remember from that series was the awesome thing where Ares kept insisting Rhodey was his champion.

This does seem vaguely familiar, but I also only vaguely remember reading that and it was during my pirating days, so I read every piece of garbage available.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, my favorite part of Ghost Racers was just the idea that when a Ghost Rider appears, everyone just rolls their eyes, captures it, and makes him race.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

RIPSPLISTS!!!

That's my new favorite word

I've always been a fan of AH$HITTT!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Ridiculous. The only way to stop someone shooting a bullet is to give the bullet a gun.
I'm sure there's many Mario Maker levels featuring giant Bullet Bills with little Bullet Bill launchers attached.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

How did he get the planes in there?

He can build self-powered, flying robot suits that can lift up literal tons out of spit and bailing wire and you're questioning how he got a couple planes into a warehouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer (Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements) and speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs. Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was. Wilson Fisk's, the gangster.

The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine, and that week, the Punisher hit the house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling. I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. You know, any contractor willing to work for Stark knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to his heart, not his wallet.
BAD WICKEDHATE.