Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

KaosMachina posted:

Yes. And them deciding to launch that nuke they have that gave them 'legitimacy'.

Nick Fury Jr., because he wanted someone he had plausible deniability with to take out Not!Kim Jong Un
It also goes about as well as you expect when he gets done with them and comes back.

I guess doing a horror survival comic where you're a poo poo c-list villain being hunted by a monster like Frank would make for an interesting take. But am I the only one thinking that Punisher is pretty close to probably being just "should be straight up dead for a really long time until next universe reboot"? What with how Blue Lives Matter co-opt his skull for their use, him being a NotNazi Sympathizer/assassin for them, I really don't see a point other than him being a Death Wish fantasy type character that more and more people that are racist and prejudiced hold as one of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

You should really watch the Netflix show

I have, as far as Marvel Netflix shows go I rank it above Iron Fist. Barely.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

drat, he really likes Iron Fist

I liked a lot of the fight scenes! And Franken-Faramir
:( Plus there's a massively wide margin of quality between something like the first season of Jessica Jones and it's writing and tone vs Punisher, it's freaking night and day. You have the cream of the crop in first season Daredevil and Jessica Jones, then just slightly below that with Luke Cage and second season Daredevil then just a massive drop in quality with Punisher and another rung below that for Iron Fist.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Supposedly Iron Fist S2 will be a lot better, as they got the fight choreographer from Black Panther doing it.

If you're going to get a fight choreographer for a show about mystical chi wielding martial artists, you get someone from the Yuen Woo Ping team or you shell out the big money and get Sammo Hung to choreograph poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The ultimate symbiote! . :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Avenger's World was kinda underrated. I loving love Shang Chi.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Krakatoa Face Exploder is the best name for anything. Up to and including wrestling finishers. :black101:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bruceski posted:

I am disappointed that he's just ducking the fist and not, as I first thought, going for a groin punch while down there.

He's not Johnny Cage, but that shield did cost 300 dollars........rear end in a top hat.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stare: Christ the whirls on him grabbing his now completely twisted dick and balls made feel phantom pains.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Empyre #5: She-Hulk is dead and plant aliens are have possessed it and are beating up the Thing.

That's pretty awesome. Also that last panel has massive Rocky vibes. "Hey-yo Hulk plant, I didn't hear no bell."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Johnny's death and return were both so good.

Dragotta's art in FF was SO. loving. GOOD! So many feelings and calling back to classic Johnny Quest motifs. Absolutely loving love it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RIP George Perez, you were the first Hispanic I had ever heard of that had anything to do with comics in a huge and massive way. Valle con Dios.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men Red #3

The couple pages prior belong here too.

Goddamn X-Men Red is hitting this poo poo out of the loving park. gently caress Tarn, it's always good seeing him getting clowned. :hellyeah:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Do A Powerbomb! #1

Daniel Warren Johnson made another banger.

Huh, I didn't know Luchasaurus could jump that high.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

She actually gets taken out permanently by a botched uhhhh not quite sure what he was trying to do looked kinda like a Styles Clash off the turnbuckle

You can really only botch that if you put your face all the way forward. It's not pretty.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Absolutely.

Batman: The Long Halloween #8

Daredevil: Yellow #2

That's probably one of the best images of Scarecrow ever, I love how the sky and horse look, so much negative space and then you have this insane straw man escaping Arkham on horseback.

Never got around to reading Daredevil: Yellow, going to need to change that. I loved how he drew and made Batman so impossibly imposing everything about Long Halloween just steeped in noir, the silent full splash page reveals on characters or scenes. Superman for all Seasons is also a favorite of mine.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

If you aren't reading DO A POWERBOMB! do yourself a favor and check it out. A young wrestler gets into a wrestling tournament in Hell, hoping to bring her mother back to life. She teams up with the man who accidentally killed her to win the tournament.

Here's the last page from the most recent issue:

You could post the whole issue here.

MDK all mutherfuckin day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Considering how AI art is basically just procedurally generated plagiarism, it's retroactively whichever company hired Greg Land first.

Greg Land confirmed first AI cyborg?