Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Drifter posted:

No, that's just how Kal looks anytime he's been pushed past his endurance. He always gets a little dessicated. When the sun shines down on him he'll be fine.

Yeah that's very clearly Dark Knight Returns call back where he's a husk from a nuclear explosion and she's safe and covered up in his cape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand... at the oven... I want you to remember...The one man who baked this.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

There are plenty of great webcomics. You just need to ignore everything with the word video games and Homestuck.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Is there some way to actually read more of that on his tumblr that I'm missing? Because all I can find is mostly random and seemingly unconnected pages from what I assume is the overall story, all of which requires I dig through the archives of all his posts. That segment is pretty neat, and so is some other parts I've seen, and I'd like more.

http://jakewyattriot.tumblr.com/tagged/necropolispage/chrono

They haven't set up a proper website yet.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Psykmoe posted:

I don't know whether to believe that this is a highly underrated story or a great collection of booby funny pictures we shouldn't be ashamed of anymore. The last two pages were inconclusive :(

Then pick up an issue for yourself and decide! It's not too expensive or long to read and I think by issue one you'll have realised if you like it or not.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Yeah but all of that would stop Colossus from defeating Magneto with the power of love.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I presume Tony is supposed to be acting like a psychopath in the scene. It's Gillen so I'd presume he threw in the "bored now" quote for a reason.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Dammit Who? posted:

Again, this speech doesn't work if you've just gotten your poo poo kicked in by guys with sharp sticks and art deco riding dragons. It's pretty clear which side tried harder in that case. Also, in the context of the movie, the RDA were only out there because Earth's natural resources were severely depleted. You don't bother trying to do interstellar mining on an inhabited planet if you can possibly get what you want anywhere else; it's pretty clear there's no second try for humanity here. Like, imagine Ripley giving that same speech while holed up in a tiny escape pod while xenomorphs turn Earth into a huge hive colony.

In the interest of not getting probated, here is a :airquote:badass comic book panel:airquote: :

Godzilla: The Half-Century War #3

Well people aren't going to get probated but I think everyone has said what needs to be said with this derail. Some more posting images, some more Godzilla, some more Stokoe.

Here's a trimmed down sequence from Godzilla: The Half-Century War #4. Godzilla and MechaGodzilla are having a brawl when Space Godzilla tries to get involved.

There's a reason he's the King of the Monsters.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

zoux posted:

But it doesn't look awful?

I wouldn't go that far. The Monica Rambeau stuff is his usual tracing.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Doom is a monster, he's just a charismatic one.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

WickedHate posted:

It seems like he was semi bluffing from the way he drops to the ground in the last panel, but it's even worse that he was able to willpower through it for even two panels when Galactus would be knocked cold right away.

Galactus does what he does out of necessity, not because he wants to. Punisher wants to kill, he likes doing it. Plus as you said he does get knocked down afterwards.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

It's because he's by far one of the best writers going and despite the fact the he thinks a lot of superhero tropes are dumb he still has a respect for the craft and can tell great stories with them.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Sabrina is Rosemary's Baby mixed with some sprinklings of Bava/early Argento style horror. It's good stuff.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I can't believe I have to say this but the answer to "should I read this Tezuka book?" is always yes.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

It's Day of Vengeance which leads up to Infinite Crisis.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

First Bass posted:

I'm pretty sure Batman chumping Darkseid in everything from the comics to the DCAU and animated films is one of the few interesting things about Darkseid.

But he doesn't chump Darkseid all the time or in the DCAU? Like his big showdown with Darkseid at the end of JLU and Batman's high point was that he could just barely dodge the Omega Sanction, something impossible. Not that he could easily beat him with an Iron Man suit. And Final Crisis had Batman "die" while just managing to wound him.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 18, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

TwoPair posted:

Plus, in this case at least, it's kind of justified, because Batman's suit ain't just your everyday WayneTech knockoff Iron Man suit.

Batman and Robin 33

(I have no idea what Flash and Aquaman are supposed to be contributing, but a suit forged in the heart of the sun, the Green Lantern Central Power Battery, and supervised by Hephaestus (in the background of the Wonder Woman panel) has got to be pretty powerful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJw01setW0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Nevvy Z posted:

Something to do with deep ocean pressure blah blah.

The upshot is he planned the gently caress out of this. Has Final Crisis happened in new 52? Because this is a pretty creative use of the death that is life but I'm not sure if Batman is supposed to know how it works.

Yes, Batman's past is effectively the same post nu52.