Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

The final pages of that issue were pretty badass too.

and then the preview of Thor 8 to follow it :D
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/thor-8-marvel-comics-2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

So why is Thor Odinson there if it's a clear girl power shot?

The comic cast is Thor, ex-Thor and all the ladies who he thinks might be Thor.
It's a fun way to knock, like 15 off the list.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman #40

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anora posted:

Joker's face in that second to last panel is all kinds of hosed up.

You should see Bruce's in a few more pages

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think being suddenly cartoonishly springy and acrobatic out of nowhere suits the character.

Senor Candle posted:

He has been drinking some healing thing called Dionesium which is why his face is attached and probably the reason he is able to physically match Bruce for a bit. Not to mention Bruce isn't really at the top of his game at that moment.

That's the weak part. The whole arc had been focused on the unknowability of the Joker, and it was ridiculous and spooky and fun, but at the end they explain away everything with magic water.

I did like the excessive violence, though, which is what this thread's about :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 29, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence: The Question #2

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Does anybody have those pages where, I think, Thor after being abandoned by the hammer is fighting this badass hopeless battle to the death and he's all like no I'm not givingeth up and it just cuts to the hammer flying to him because him standing up to impossible odds meant he was a monumental badass and worthy of wielding Mjolnir?

EDIT: I think he was with Lady Thor actually and he absent-mindedly picks up Mjolnir without even realizing it.

Are you thinking of the recent Beyonder fight? That's his hopeless battle to the death, but instead of Mjolnir working, his UNworthy hammer stops working.

New Avengers #32

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If that's the last Thor you've read, you ain't seen the drunk partying dragon or the old-Thor Galactus fight and need to pick God of Thunder back up tout suite.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence: Shazam #2.

Mr. Mind might be my favorite villain.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jonathan Hickman: "I'm Jonathan Hickman."

If anyone from the last 30 years deserves to drop that curtain, at the end of the univers(es), it's that guy.

e: And read the G.D. comic. You don't pick up much context, emotion, catharsis and all that storytelling stuff in a scan.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 4, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Didn't mean to make you angry, bud.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope it's not out of line to post just about half of a comic, but Strange Fruit #1.
N-word warning.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

You probably meant to post that in the costume thread.

She's got a bad rear end. She doesn't only have to hover over chimneys or whatever that is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Prometheus is probably in my top 3 favourite terrible characters.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Omega Men #3

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ecavalli posted:

So, given the undeniable parallels, how does Marvel's latest event stack up against CoIE?

Only one issue is like Crisis. For the rest it's in a remade world... like Flashpoint :D

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman #43

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not sure anyone there's dying from the batarangs.

e: I mean, this guy's okay...
:)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 13, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's still practicing throwing them SEE LAST ISSUE!!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's an illustration for an NFL magazine in 1973.
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2013/10/01/this-amazing-jack-kirby-illustration-once-ran-in-the-nfls-official-magazine

e: Looks like someone pumped it up from the original, and removed the signature.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 29, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You shoul'da posted the page before. Deadshot falls in a pit of deadly snakes, then just emerges on that first panel with them falling off in chunks.
I love Pat Gleason.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's the previous page. I don't really enjoy Deathstroke too much, but I can get behind a fight causing collateral damage to mummies.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's a paperweight.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

Huh, can't say I'm too excited for that, I like him a lot more in straight comical, deliberately over the top roles, but whatever.

Him as actual Shazam, being the big muscly grinning doofus is a much better idea. Guess Billy has to be a white kid.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 5, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Goddamned #1
:nws: Nudity when you blow up the images.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

DC hates Vertigo now for some reason.

Huh? Vertigo is on their best creative push in years right now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman: American Alien #2

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon. It's at least gotta get you reminded about Jeff Goldblum dissolving a guy's arm with fly puke. That's a good time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

His boyfriend of five issues just turned out to be Prometheus, which is a bit of a bummer to say the least! but he seemed to take it in stride. He's a well adjusted, pragmatic psycho killer.
It's a great comic.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Midnighter #8
Freedom Beast (old Animal Man character) has had his power to combine animals stolen by an organization to make monsters for game hunters.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone should be posting Midnighter here, though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Omega Men #9. This is the very end of the issue, near the end of the series, so if you're trade waiting or something you might wanna not blow up the TIMGs.

The evil colony of worlds leaders have massacred a planet to mine a resource and sell it to other worlds. The Omega Men have been on a mission of revenge. Their captive, Lantern Kyle Rayner has just exposed the massacre on space TV. He's been without his ring the whole series (the bad guy holding it as condition of him entering their system.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Is that multicolor thing new for him? I got bored of DC again after Blackest Night.

Remember the white lantern stuff from the end of Blackest Night? Kyle united a team of different colors in his N52 series and quickly earned the white ring (e: a year and a bit in)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 2, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I read "Trained cow" and got ready to call it out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batgirl #50.

Barbara has been able to walk in the N52 thanks to some superscience implant. This bad guy here has been messing with her life recently, manipulating her memories.

Never mind her immediately getting it fixed, sort of reducing the moment.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncanny Inhumans #11

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Let's let logistics get in the way of enjoying Lockjaw's slobber grenade tactics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like a Lockjaw that's up for whatever.

Though, it'll be funny if at the climax of Civil Wartoo Medusa's got some big violent action planned and it's dividing the Inhumans, and she's like "Go then you cowards! I know you'll always be faithful, Lockjaw" and he goes "Ruh uh" and ports over to join Tony's team.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman #5
A new Eradicator has been chasing around the new-old Superman family (Look up their Rebirth deal if you gotta.) Superman has flown them up to Batman's secret moon base.

Reminder of the crazy Hell suit Bruce had previously taken to Apokolips to beat up Darkseid and save his son:

TwoPair posted:

Batman and Robin 33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Is that Earth2 Lois?

Pre-New 52 Lois living in the current universe (along with PN52 Superman and the son they've had since.)

Current Lois is...

It's all nice and convoluted, which is why I said look it up to not distract from badass panels being posted.