Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You should take a look at the suit he made just in case he'd ever have to fight a turned evil Justice League all at once (Batman: Endgame)
Batman stating that his anti-Superman gauntlets contained ten miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is Scott Snyder's high accomplishment.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also the part with procuring and the shrinking ten suns.
If you need sense, you might want to get out of this whole comic books thing while you can.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Can't do much damage on chemo.

Tell that to Bludhaven.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl v2 #11

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You could definitely read Secret Wars by it's self. I think there's enough in there. Not that the previous Avengers series' should be avoided, but hopping in right at the apocalyptic conclusion of a universe is probably even more impactful than getting there after the set-up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait...is that one of the Losers? I thought they all died in New Frontier.

Read Superman #8 and 9 right now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

By gauche you mean "kick butt", right?

e: I'd post basically the whole comic across the Touching, Funny and Badass threads, but people should just read it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 19, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Possibly but not likely? A few characters did survive the end of it all by removing themselves from reality (Loki and Silver Surfer) so depending on what those realities were anchored to they may have survived. The negative zone / annihilation wave was one of the region in Battleworld.

The Richards dreaming up worlds and universes is all the explanation they need for stuff existing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wonder Woman's first public superhero act from Wonder Woman #10

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, my mum got me the trades of Mask and Mask Returns :)
Had no idea it was black and white before the collection.

Returns made me a fan of Doug Mahnke forever.

e: I'd have to go home and open up the old Dark Horse app to find any sweet Returns action sequences (I might still edit them in,) so I'll just post what's probably the most iconic comic cover of my childhood.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 6, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yep. Warren Ellis just started a new universe. It's separate from the DC Universe, which still have their own versions of Wildstorm folks (especially Midnighter and Apollo, who's recent comics are amazing https://www.comixology.com/Midnighter-2015-2016/comics-series/44163?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI https://www.comixology.com/Midnight...XN1bHRzU2xpZGVy )

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Southern Bastards #16
Coach Boss' football team has been on a losing streak, so he and some goons pay a visit to the opposing team's star player to even the odds.

A comic's worth of bad stuff happens to the kid and his parents...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

...Does he win the game?

Read Southern Bastards!
We hear it announced as a tie on a radio while dudes dressed in the opposing team's fan gear take to one of Coach Boss's meth cook sites with a couple of uzis.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Axis was such a lame send-off for Uncanny and Rick Remender.

At least he has 17 rad Image comics going.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Azubah posted:

Did they finally stop trying to shoe horn them into the mainline DC comics? Because the Grifter comic before was awful.

On the other hand, DCU Midnighter is amazing.

The new Ellis Wild Storm thing is it's own rebooted universe. Any DC stuff is relegated to background mockery.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Forgot to post this for a couple of months before seeing it again in my screencaps folder. Apologies if it's been here already.
Hawkeye #12

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And if you can cram that all in a couple of days you can be there for Jason Aaron's Avengers, starring Thor, which starts this week.
...and then another series of Thor next month.

The thread title stays true.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Exiles (2018) #4
(If you aren't following, it's a team of multiversal heros helping out the multivese, so everything's an alternate.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lois Lane #1 (edit: the end of the issue, so careful about expanding the images if you plan on reading the comic.)

Badass.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 4, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Parahexavoctal posted:

.... is that Ben Templesmith art?

Yup.
https://www.comixology.com/Gotham-By-Midnight-2014-2015-5/digital-comic/204972

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saw this in a preview for this week's Batman Annual #4
https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-in-batman-annual-4-bruce-conquers-horses-wizards-and-dragons/