Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

prefect posted:

There's something about ninjas stopping with big googly eyes to look at it. :3:

The Hand are marvelling at the foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That fight is portrayed so incredibly well. You can see what the characters see and think without thought bubbles or narration and every panel has a real flow and continuity from the previous one. It's like a storyboard for a choreographed fight in a film.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

nothing more badass or inspiring than a nude man overcoming a sea of spiders

It's cool art but it's one of those times where the panels are supposed to have a lead-up to the main action that doesn't work on the page. On film, seeing a single spider come down into view and then more and then more would be cool but there's no way when you look at the page that you don't immediately see all the panels with thousands of spiders (and naked Kraven).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Villains should compare notes more because then maybe they'd know that plotting to kill Spider-Man doesn't work but getting rid of him to replace him as a better version actually has a good track record.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

Torture is not badass.

He was threatening them, not torturing them (well, debatable with the shoulder injury guy). The head dude knows Batman won't kill so Batman scares him into cooperating. Isn't that what he does?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

I actually kinda liked Reign and the way it's written it's just as easy to assume Mary Jane was killed from his sweat because they slept in a bed together every night for however many years instead of going straight to "radioactive spider-cum."

Or the middle ground between the two: saliva, from a married couple presumably kissing each other a lot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm pretty sure I read Spider-Verse but maybe I didn't because I don't remember fighter jets?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

Leopardon rocked up in the first Spiderverse event

The colouring in the bottom panel to make it look like the show is masterly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The original Morlun story was awesome. A true classic. But it feels like a Nothing Stops the Juggernaut story or Death of Superman / Knightfall where having the big bad guy return over and over for this hero just feels sad. Especially when we see him bickering with his dad and siblings.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sinister Six6

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sinister 6.02214078×1023 but it's really only Mole Man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mysterio broke into the Ultimate Universe? The universe that was destroyed? It's like a burglar breaking into an abandoned building and being excited that he'll be able to sell all this dynamite someone left strapped to the columns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

I mean, technically the 616 died at the start of Hickman's Secret Wars, but what we have now is close enough we just keep saying 616.

It's we all keep rounding. The new universe is 616.1

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Most totemic heroes and villains don't actually get their powers from their chosen animal like Spider-Man did.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thebardyspoon posted:

Captain Marvel is all like "I'm gonna heave!"..... because of the squirrels? Seems like an overreaction, not like a bunch of skunks or bugs or whatever.

Maybe Spider-Man hasn't washed his FF costume in a long time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

A good old fashioned smoke off

With the smoke rising up from... below them?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Batman's cave countermeasures against Flash are just a bunch of guns?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think you all understand how amazing those slippers are that Iron Fist wears.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The symbiote can warp your mind, though. Especially if you're both on the same general wavelength of "let's murderize some fools".

Just had a weird moment where my phone changed "murderize" to "nurseries". That's some twisted poo poo, Android.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

No, he didn't die with a weapon in his hand.

Does the weapon need to be in the hand or can it be in the hand, i.e. Wolverine?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whoa, that's deep.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gnome de plume posted:

"Some bleeding tossas always about iceskatin' uphill, innit"?

Blade was Wesley Snipes, not Don Cheadle.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

In BSS we don't link to full comics

I feel like this is the part not everyone is clear on? It's one thing to post a panel or two from a comic that just came out, however you may have come across them, but it's another thing to hotlink to an entire issue.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not even a good burn from their perspective. Like yeah, my homeworld blew up shortly after I left it as an infant (or fetus if you're John Byrne), totes my fault.

Also, Lex is admitting Batman is as smart or smarter than him? Is his power armour constricting blood flow to his brain?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CityMidnightJunky posted:

There's a guy in my office who looks a hell of a lot like Tom Hardy. Not once have I ever thought he actually is Tom Hardy, because even if you notice they look similar, why would he be working in my office. I always assumed that's how it works for Clark Kent and other heroes.

Are you constantly in life or death situations that Tom Hardy shows up to save you from? Do you have a special watch that allows you to communicate with Tom Hardy? Did Tom Hardy ever use a transformation machine of his own design to turn you into a black woman?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MCU should only refer to the movies because the C is for Cinematic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

badjohny posted:

Not sure if it is still canon but only red suns take his powers. All the other colors have other effects. Blue and white stars give him even more powers. Apparently the younger the sun, the more power it gives him.

Superman likes 'em young. Real young.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thor's spirit is inside the Destroyer armour and he's fighting against Hela in her Hel realm while Thor's body is back on Earth. I won't get into the full story of what's going on here but I just really like this for Thor matching Hela in cosmos-spanning, reality-tearing, faster-than-light energy beams.

Thor 382

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Thor hitchhiked across Canada with no problem but he met his end in Pennsylvania.

Where is Pennsylvania in the 616 anyway? Looking at the Earth in the fifth panel, is it just below the second Florida poking out of the northeast?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's possible for characters to grow old, but just like how it feels when you're in your teens or 20s, growing old is only possible in some distant or alternate future.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

sticksy posted:

What age was Professor X in the original Uncanny series? He seems like he's always been roughly 50ish while others verrryyyy slowly aged around him. Over 50 years.

He was basically Yul Brynner so maybe in his 40s, which Brynner was in the 1960s.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gologle posted:

I'm pretty sure Daredevil's secondary mutation is that anyone he beds will die.

STDD

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Would Superman's wine cellar be considered badass?

I mean:

I'm thinking the last one is a reference to Comet. Cheval blanc means white horse.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd pass on the "living Riesling".

Yeah, Rieslings are a bit sweet for my tastes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like that they're trading Womps and Fwommps back and forth.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

The best part was all these overpowered villains going after Spider-Man right around the time he got the UniPowers.

It all kicked off with him going against Graviton so he deserved a powered-up comeback. As it happens I just read that issue last week with a plan to go through the whole storyline. It's like fifty issues! Someday I'll get back to finishing the Eric Masterson Thor run. Someday.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Daredevil is definitely not above clotheslining some comic book geek by the throat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also it's like flipping someone by torquing their wrist. They will follow the motion of the torque because they don't want their wrist snapped. As soon as Rhino felt himself at risk of being garroted he'd want to follow the backwards motion towards Daredevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Peter is generally either not skilled or not severe enough to try and choke out his villains, depending on the tone and context of the story

This is honestly one of the things I hated about when Slott tried to teach him kung fu. Spider-Man getting an in depth combat education is weird to me because he really doesn't need it, he's basically on the tier below all the world-breakers already.

That one time wasn't so bad though because hadn't he lost his Spider Sense?

There was at least one other time (beyond off-hand mentions of being trained) where he was getting martial arts lessons and yeah, it's exactly the BS you're talking about. For one, why would fans want him to look like a martial artist? His fighting style is unique enough you could recognize it in silhouette. He has trademark visual appeal. But beyond that his fighting style is his power set. His Spider Sense ties into his reflexes and ties into his agiity and ties into his strength so that he can fight in a way that normally wouldn't make a lick of sense but is very effective for him.