Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Going to agree with the above, most of those complaints seem pretty trivial and more of a lack of knowledge than anything.

If you were using the free version maybe that's part of the problem (haven't used it in forever but I remember it feeling kind of restrictive), Eclipse is probably better if we're comparing free vs. free but I would say IntelliJ is leagues better than anything else if you shell out the money for it (it's like $100? Not bad).

True, the git support is not fantastic (I haven't seen a git UI that was, in fairness, I think SourceTree is the closest?), but it's good in the general case.

I will say if there's one complaint probably everyone can agree with about IntelliJ, it's just complicated as gently caress and has a pretty steep learning curve. It's very powerful and has a million options, to it's detriment. Once you start getting familiar with it though it's pretty fantastic I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread