Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

enthe0s posted:

Sorry, I think I was unclear in my explanation. I'm not saying that I just forgot what I wanted to do after selecting a block of code, I'm saying that I have to remember which key combination to press depending on whether the selected block is commented or not ("Is this block commented? Ok yeah, I need to press U. Is it uncommented? Oh, I need to press C instead). It's way better when I don't have to think about which hotkey I have to use and I just know that the same key will perform both actions.

But you're right, I think after doing it for a while muscle memory would take over so it becomes a non issue.

But Comment starts with 'C' and Uncomment starts with 'U'? I mean I'd agree if it was like 'T' for comment and 'M' for uncomment or something like that, but I mean it's not...

e: what behaviour does a contextual one do for something like:

code:
if (x == 5) {
  // x *= 20;
  x *= 3;
  // return x + 3;
  return x + 20;
}
? I've never used that feature before tbh.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread