Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Sublime Text can go gently caress itself. I was learning to use karma/angular last night and I wasted 4 loving hours trying to figure out why karma wasn't picking up changes in my code. Apparently Sublime does some wierd "delete/replace" instead of updating the original file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

crazypenguin posted:

I don't know what sublime does specifically, but all (good) editors do something like this.

The point is to write the file contents to disk, flush, and then move the new file over the old one. That way, you're never (or suppose to be never) in the situation where a power failure or crash is going to cause your entire file to just disappear.

So I probably have some set up issue?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

enthe0s posted:

So I'm starting out with Visual Studio for the 1st time and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a good reason as to why the comment/uncomment hotkeys are so idiotic. I'm coming over from SublimeText where 'Ctrl + /' either comments/uncomments based on whether or not the currently selected lines are commented or not. In VS, you have to start a "chord sequence" with 'Ctrl + E', and then if you follow that up with 'C', it will comment out the currently selected lines, but if you follow up with 'U', it will uncomment them instead.

Why did anyone think this is a good idea?

Nope, but its trivially easy to reassign keys via keyboard option menu. In the quick launch window (cntl+q) type keyboard, and go from there.

• Locked thread