Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Jsor posted:

I mostly use Sublime, especially since it seems to be the best supported with cool things like autocompletion for less widespread languages. (Nothing particularly obscure, Go and Rust)

Though I don't use Sublime's build features, I mostly still switch to terminal for that.

The only exception is for Python on Windows I generally use Spyder because it comes with Python(x,y).

How's sublime on scala? I've been using Intellij's plugin and it's pretty good.

Real programmers debug by reading core dumps in a hex editor, or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Look Around You posted:

But Comment starts with 'C' and Uncomment starts with 'U'? I mean I'd agree if it was like 'T' for comment and 'M' for uncomment or something like that, but I mean it's not...

e: what behaviour does a contextual one do for something like:

code:
if (x == 5) {
  // x *= 20;
  x *= 3;
  // return x + 3;
  return x + 20;
}
? I've never used that feature before tbh.

Intellij does "/" for comment and uncomment, and it really pisses me off. For your code fragment, it would comment that including double commenting the already commented lines.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Volte posted:

That seems like the correct action to me. A toggle-able commenting action should be fairly trivially invertible. If you select a block of code and use the comment toggle, it should make a best-effort attempt to comment it out in the way that makes the most practical sense and can be immediately reversed by invoking the command again. To me, that means commenting the entire block out unless every line is already commented out, in which case uncomment. It doesn't nail every use case but in most cases that's what I would want. If you want a command that uncomments all commented lines within a selection, that's an uninvertible command and I feel like it should be a separate thing from the usual 'toggle comment' command.

I agree that's the right behavior given that's it's a toggle action. I'd rather it not be a toggle action and have one command for comment and another for uncomment.

• Locked thread