Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
0zzyRocks
Jul 10, 2001

Lord of the broken bong
I worked for a company for about 7 years and for about the last 5 or so, we've been using Komodo IDE for our development. I mainly was programming in PHP, JS, CSS, HTML, and sometimes Perl. I've also used Eclipse IDE for some Java development, as well as the Flex Builder and Flash Builder plugins for Eclipse for Flex/AIR development.

I'm going to be working for myself for a bit, taking on individual client projects when I can. I obviously need a good development environment, and since I don't have the license available to me for Komodo anymore I figure now is a good time to look at the various IDE options out there. No better place than SA to get good discussion, so please, tell me what you like about your favorite IDE.

I'll be doing my development on Windows 7. I'm currently playing around with PHPStorm 7, seems to have some cool features but nothing I've dived into using yet.

0zzyRocks fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0zzyRocks
Jul 10, 2001

Lord of the broken bong
Thanks for the suggestions (the serious ones anyway)! I'll play around with some of them. I don't necessarily want to use "just one" for everything, as I'm sure some do some languages better than others. I figure, it's good to have a nice set of tools to pick from.

0zzyRocks
Jul 10, 2001

Lord of the broken bong
I've been using PhpStorm for the last few months and now RubyMine for the last week or so and they do everything I need them to.

• Locked thread