Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Oh there is, and it is stupider than you could think of.
Someone post that image. You know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

And despite being a SHIELD agent for a day fills the Fury role in every book afterwards.

Avengers and X-Men stuff has been using Maria Hill without any appearance from Fury.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Avengers and X-Men stuff has been using Maria Hill without any appearance from Fury.

The leadership of SHIELD is a clusterfuck. They have Hill, Quake, and Fury all in charge.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Aphrodite posted:

I thought nuFury had appeared in Bendis' X-Men stuff? But either way Bendis and Hickman can do what they want when it comes to the character, it's all the C list books and less that have to deal with nuFury.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

redbackground posted:

Someone post that image. You know.

Is it this one from the Webcomic The Gutters?

http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/288-richard-clark/

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Surprisingly close!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

redbackground posted:

Surprisingly close!

I love this forever and ever :allears:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I'm pretty sure Fury Jr. is just an agent.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah last I checked Quake was Director and Maria Hill was back to Deputy Director, unless something happened in Secret Avengers to change it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Aphrodite posted:

No, he's just himself.

The secret shifted from how to why now.

Surprise! Tonight's episode was almost exclusively about how! With Special Guest Bill Paxton, no less!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah last I checked Quake was Director and Maria Hill was back to Deputy Director, unless something happened in Secret Avengers to change it.

Something did happen. Daisy tried to have the Secret Avengers kill the head of AIM in a super secret black ops mission that backfired and then the UN kicked her out and put Hill back on top. Have no idea what's happened since then, but that's just what I know from when somebody recapped Secret Avengers a while back in another thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Surprise! Tonight's episode was almost exclusively about how! With Special Guest Bill Paxton, no less!

Cool. I DVRed the episode because there was a hockey game on, but it's nice to hear they're not slowing down the momentum.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Cool. I DVRed the episode because there was a hockey game on, but it's nice to hear they're not slowing down the momentum.
I wouldn't go that far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look, any forward movement is momentum at this point.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

TwoPair posted:

Something did happen. Daisy tried to have the Secret Avengers kill the head of AIM in a super secret black ops mission that backfired and then the UN kicked her out and put Hill back on top.

Having an 18-year old be the head of SHIELD plus be hard to distinguish from Maria Hill in most art feels like an idea that's fine to have canned quickly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Speaking of, I just read through Secret War yesterday, and it's amazing how blatantly she's just a still of Angelina Jolie from Hackers traced over and over and over.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

TwoPair posted:

The best part is, despite going by the name "Marcus" for roughly 30 years of his life, he decides to just start going by Nick Fury after somebody shows him his birth certificate. Like... who does that? I know people change their names all the time, but it's just so out of the blue to decide "Yeah I will go by my deadbeat spy dad's name"

Well if his name was Nick people would have figured it out even sooner and probably broken causality because him being the new Nick Fury was called the instant anybody heard about Batlescars.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Speaking of, I just read through Secret War yesterday, and it's amazing how blatantly she's just a still of Angelina Jolie from Hackers traced over and over and over.

Yeah for sure. Also is Siege era Osborn intended to look like Tommy Lee Jones or am I just face-blind?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Tommy Lee Jones Osborn was a thing around Dark Reign, yeah.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah for sure. Also is Siege era Osborn intended to look like Tommy Lee Jones or am I just face-blind?

Oh its suppose to be Tommy Lee Jones

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm going to start replying to all your posts with pages from The Crossing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

What year is this issue so I can avoid the poo poo out of it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

What year is this issue so I can avoid the poo poo out of it?

Why would anyone want to avoid the Sins of the Father storyline?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I'm going to start replying to all your posts with pages from The Crossing.

I own the Crossing Omnibus. Who doesn't love Teen Tony?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I'm pretty sure Fury Jr. is just an agent.

That.

And apparently Quake/Daisy is no longer at SHIELD at all. I never read it, but apparently in Secret Avengers v3 under...Spencer, I think, Hill planted some poo poo and it blew up in Quake's face. And she wasn't the public head of SHIELD anyway so Maria is just the head.

Fury Jr is just an agent. He's appeared in a few other books as well. He's in the Current Cap story, made some appearances in Scarlet Spider and Hawkeye as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Why would anyone want to avoid the Sins of the Father storyline?

That's the one where it turns out that Osborn secretly impregnated Gwen Stacy right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

That's the one where it turns out that Osborn secretly impregnated Gwen Stacy right?

Who di you think that blond is?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's Gwen Stacy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I think it's Gwen Stacy?

It most certainly is

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

I think it's Gwen Stacy?

You win a no prize.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't know what any of you are talking about, there isn't even an image there

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know what any of you are talking about, there isn't even an image there

bobkatt013 posted:

Bask in all it's creepy creepy creepy glory.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I really don't see anything there, y'all just weird and crazy and should stop seeing made-up things.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I really don't see anything there, y'all just weird and crazy and should stop seeing made-up things.

Really?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

No, I just like to pretend that story was never printed. It's easier :(

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Originally in Sins Past that was going to be Peter and Gwen, and Peter was going to have his deadbeat kids show up. It was a really bad idea in any case, and that's the "compromise" that J. Michael Straczynski got from editorial.

It was the perfect match of bad writing and bad editing.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Originally in Sins Past that was going to be Peter and Gwen, and Peter was going to have his deadbeat kids show up. It was a really bad idea in any case, and that's the "compromise" that J. Michael Straczynski got from editorial.

It was the perfect match of bad writing and bad editing.

He knew the compromise was worse, he had to, but he went forward as a basic "Screw you for compromising MY VISION!" to editorial.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SirDan3k posted:

He knew the compromise was worse, he had to, but he went forward as a basic "Screw you for compromising MY VISION!" to editorial.

Yeah, it's a lovely story to begin with and I don't want to live in a world where this is the best possible version of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SirDan3k posted:

I don't understand why editorial even suggested that terrible compromise.

I mean how about... they're not his kids but he thinks they could be? On account of how couples have sex sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I loving hate to even ask, but is she saying no...? I mean she is saying no, right?