Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
What exactly is Wonder Woman's powerset at this point? Here's what I remember from childhood: Super-strength, speed, reflexes and endurance; some kind of magical sense(s); ability to see through the eyes of animals; super-healing powers (sometimes through a thing called the Purple Ray); some sort of telekinetic control over that invisible glop that her invisible jet is made from; some kind of direct line to the Greek gods where she'd get a power boost from them sometimes, if she needed it (and proved herself worthy - she had to do that constantly because the Greek gods are assholes, apparently). How much of that do I have right, and how much has changed in the new reboot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Here's a question that pooped into my mind today at the flea market when I saw a stack of Youngblood comic books for 4€ (the stack, not per issue): do people who grew up reading that stuff have some kind of attachment to it? Do people wax nostalgic over Rob Liefeld comics?

I maintain a soft spot for early Spawn, Shadow Hawk & Savage Dragon -- but Younglood? Nope. I don't think I know anyone who even liked it at the time. I'm told the Liefeldverse got pretty cool once they hired some good writers for it, like when they hired Alan Moore for Supreme and let him do all the things with it that DC's editors would never let him do with Superman. Maybe that's what people are nostalgic for, not Youngblood itself.

Shaft from Youngblood was kind of a neat idea, though. "Green Arrow + Bullseye and he's also a government agent" seems like it might be a fun premise, even if he is a mash-up any 12-year-old could've come up with.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Madkal posted:

I personally like the Loch Ness Mussolini.

I'm all about the Franco Chupacabra, myself.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I thought in the current continuity Gotham & Metropolis were both on the East Coast, with New York being a midpoint between the two.

I also thought that Keystone/Central City was an amalgam of several different Pennsylvania cities (PA being the Keystone State) but I can't remember what gave me that idea anymore.