Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

StashAugustine posted:

So what the gently caress is up with the Summers family?

Got a few hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you mean Ultimate Kaine that was part of USM and more or less ended there. They're teasing an Ultimate Scarlet Spider though so who knows

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Was that part of Millar's return or Humphries'? I have no memory of that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's also going to introduce a mysterious Scarlet Spider. I doubt it'll be Peter though, possibly a clone but probably someone else entirely

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unmature posted:

I hope Peter never comes back. He's on of my favorite characters in comics history, but I've never seen anything like it in comics. They killed the flagship character of an imprint and let a black kid take over. That's amazing.

Also Miles is the best. I love that kid.

It's what the Ultimate Universe should be about. Not just the same stories told in a new way, but something totally different. I really can't see Bendis getting rid of Miles, at least.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can definitely see someone getting frustrated at marvel's constant crossovers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought the big screwy time storm at the end of Age of Ultron was what brought Quill and Thanos back?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WEREWAIF posted:

There was an issue of maybe Batwoman or Detective Comics with Batwoman a few years ago, and the villain was an Alice in Wonderland sort of girl. The layouts were really great and the art was really cool. I lost it and now I can't figure out which issue it was. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

That's Batwoman:Elegy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Please nobody explain The Filth

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Superboy Prime :downs:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unmature posted:

Is Final Crisis still worth reading post-New52? For some reason I've just never read it despite loving Morrison and DC at that time.

Yeah but it's vvvveeerrryyyy morrison so read it, then read a companion, then read it a few more times. I didn't like it at all when I first read it and now it's one of my favorite books.

Also if you're not getting the TPB make sure you get Superman Beyond

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Ok cool. I just read the Thanos series and the three Inhumans series before embarking on my great quest to read all of cosmic Marvel through Thanos Imperative. Wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Here you go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WoK is mostly garbage anyways, unless you're really interested in the Shi-ar and Summers family for some reason.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Annihilation was kind of a huge thing that breathed new life into the cosmic stuff, too. That's more what that chart is based off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Is Hunger Ultimate Universe or not?

Yep, it's the prelude to Cataclysm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Do I have to read AoU first?

I wouldn't recommend it.

All you really need to know is people time traveled too much and broke the universe, which wound up dumping Galactus in the UU

I would recommend reading the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus books again, as well as Ultimate Vision, but neither one's super important. (Both are great, though)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What the hell are you talking about? Stop being vague and try to make a point, here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unmature posted:

What's this year's big summer Marvel crossover?

Original Sin

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There was Carlie Cooper, the greatest most bestest and awesome gal in the whole world!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He pretty much did. Parker gets back to 616 and googles Miles Morales, then he gasps at what he finds. THE END. TO BE CONTINUED?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bendis isn't exactly prompt with this stuff, but it got shelved for a while due to Superior Spider-Man so hopefully soon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd probably put Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis on there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Less greed and more ego. Reed Richards, First Man To Put Himself In Space instead of Reed Richards, CEO of Richards Aerospace. Another parallel with Doom, who's accident reinforced his hubris

Yes. FF works a lot better if the accident was caused by Reed pushing things too far out of arrogance.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In UFF it was a teleporter to the negative zone. I think a spaceship still works better, but just make it so they're going through a wormhole or testing a warp drive or something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they can get MiracleMan figured out enough to run reprints they can do anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sturm posted:

So most of the stuff that Marvel is putting out has been pretty good, was thinking about trying to get into some DC but I hear the opposite is true.

Which DC titles are currently worthwhile? What's worth going back and reading out of the New 52 stuff?

I liked Earth 2 but I stopped reading after Robinson left, also just finished reading Demon Knights which starts really good but ends a bit weak when the creative teams change

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unmature posted:

I always hear people complain about continuity and writers who screw it up, but I can't think of a good example. What are some times when a writer just plain effed up continuity? Like had a character show up that was dead or something.

Ultimates 3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah muscles pretty much covered it but Loeb did not give one poo poo about continuity so he wrote pretty much everyone out of character

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ror posted:

Was there ever a version of Cyclops that actually had some sort of cyclopic deformity?

I could have sworn I remembered a moment once where he took off his visor and had a weird sort of single slit similar to his visor itself. GIS is so far telling me that I am making things up.

He only had one eye in Age of Apocalypse. Age of Ultron too I think

Not as deformities, though, just lost them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

friendo55 posted:

What's the best method to fill the remaining long-box when there aren't enough comics (yet) to fill it up? I don't want them falling over anymore.

90s foil cover #1s

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Batman Beyond had a Fantastic Four pastiche in one of its episodes.

I think everyone's had an FF pastiche at some point or other

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jack Gladney posted:

What makes this so tin-eared though is that she's a white person yelling at black characters about real-life racism to make a point about a fictional, made-up minority. Like, that's getting the lesson completely backward if you're schooling a real-life minority that gets actual poo poo in order to teach a lesson about the fantasy vehicle designed to teach kids about racism.

I can imagine some shithead suburban kid reading along in his 1986 basement bar on a beanbag chair and getting so pissed at the dumb black character who doesn't understand the noble oppressed soul of the beautiful white characters and their difficult lives.

It's not like minorities haven't oppressed other minorities before. When you have stuff like TERFs and the strong Black support for Prop8 I think it's a bit more relevant.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unstable molocules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No problem, he'll just move the moon closer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, there's precedent

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Schneider Heim posted:

Has Reed Richards ever been a herald of Galactus? What Ifs count.

I'm going to count Earth X even though it's not what you meant

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hickman doesn't seem like the type to shoot from the hip, I imagine it was mostly planned out early on

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

What was the name of the issues where The Flash's Rogues Gallery comes back to find they've been replaced and it doesn't work out to well for the new guys or "pretenders" , I remeber Captain Cold particularly being badass.

Rogue's Revenge, part of Final Crisis

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Love of Supreme depends on when you read it, because it's the same deconstruction Moore's written over and over again. It's cool but if you've read a lot of his 80s and 90s stuff it's not exactly groundbreaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Speaking of editorial decisions, I was wondering about the history of reader input on storylines. The big example I can think of is Jason Todd getting killed, but have there been other similar reader votes? Would something like that ever happen today when it seems like the writer's integrity holds a lot more value for the fans?

The Marvel vs DC stuff that lead up to Amalgam is probably the biggest one I can think of