Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This might be a reach but I'm trying to identify the source for a particular cartooning style that was popular in the UK in the late 80s / early 90s.

The picture above was a reader's submission to Sonic the Comic #30, published July 1994. It's pretty clearly a kid copying a specific style, and it seems oddly familiar to me and a number of other Brits around the same age. However I can't figure out where it originated from. The hooded eyes are quite Garfieldy but the bulbous, shiny noses aren't from there. The in-game designs for the characters in the first Discworld point n click adventure game are also close but the game was released after this drawing.

I've not been able to find anything online and I'm turning to the BSS hive mind in the hopes that this jogs someone else's memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah there's a lot of styles that are close - the noses also made me think of British cartooning legend Tony Husband - but nothing that fully lines up. Thanks for the answers so far!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Lucifunk posted:

I use a Kindle I loaded the Play Store on for Marvel Unlimited

This was my way back into Marvel comics as well. I've never been a zeitgeist kind of guy so the delay on unlimited uploads doesn't really bother me and I have just enough reading energy most weeks to keep up with the comics I like (X-Men, Hulk, Moon Knight, anything by Ewing or Mackay) and maybe dip into the archives to read up on a critically acclaimed series or maybe just read some old Tales to Astonish.

I've also been bopped on the head by my tablet several times.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I AM GRANDO posted:

If Falcon can talk to birds, and birds are dinosaurs, has Falcon ever used his bird-talking power to talk to dinosaurs?

PS I haven’t read comics in a long time and I have no idea how long it’s been since Falcon has had the mutant power to talk to birds or how long it’s been since he was called Falcon of he’s now called something else.

I don't know about dinosaurs but in Avengers 689 (2018) Sam was able to make a telepathic link with Challenger, an alien that evolved from either birds or dinosaurs:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I thought the whole idea of the Marauder crew getting tats was that they wouldn't come back when rezzed, so it's proof of how badass they are by going on dangerous missions and coming back alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

She got HOLD FAST when she became captain of the Marauder and then replaced it with KILL SHAW after he killed her