Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
In regards to Baz carrying around a gun, I would like to remind people of one of the first N52 GL Corps arcs, where they fight a bunch of dudes who can't be harmed by their rings, so they bring in a bunch of earth guns and shoot the poo poo out of them. That's probably why I never really second guessed him carrying around a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ecavalli posted:

Getting back on topic: Do the Nextwave heroes appear anywhere outside of Warren Ellis' miniseries in their Nextwave incarnations? I know Captain Marvel and a few of the others were relatively minor characters prior to Warren Ellis making them interesting, but do they remain interesting elsewhere?

You should pick up the first Captain America and the Mighty Avengers trade by Ewing. From the Nextwave team it only has Monica in it, but is very much related to the Nextwave series.
If you can stomach some Greg Land art, get the Mighty Avengers series Ewing did right before that too.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The only real enjoyment I get out of Identity/Infinite Crisis are as lead ups to 52.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Unmature posted:

Is that thread archived?

I would also like to read this thread.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

:wave: And I've got the Flash ring, and a Legion flight ring that was a Heroclix thing but made off the same model as the others, so it's totally wearable.

I don't have all the lantern rings but I do have the Legion and Flash ones. Although I think the Flash one is far to small for me to wear. We usually put them on our little Christmas tree during the holidays.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Maybe he meant Nathaniel Richards?

At the points we see adult Franklin in Hickman's books he is pretty clearly very intelligent. I would imagine that's it's something gained through experience more than an innate gift like it is for Valeria though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

WickedHate posted:

So, he's the Ultimate Lifeform of the sea.

Sex: USELESS is not something you can describe Namor with.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
It's possible that the germ for the idea that became Spider-man came up in conversation between Stan and Jack and I remember reading that Jack did an original design for him that Stan didn't think fit the character, then gave it to Ditko and he came up with what we know of today. Still just coming up with the idea of something doesn't mean much since the execution of it was done by Lee and Ditko.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Has Grant Morrison ever written anything where he isn't a character?

All-Star Superman and Multiversity just off the top of my head. I don't think he showed up in We3 did he?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Even in his New X-Men run Quire is basically him as a lovely kid. Was he in Invisibles?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, you basically just said "Frank Miller's not American, he's from Maryland!"

That would be an appropriate comparison if Maryland had just tried to secede from the United States last year.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Quebec tries to secede from Canada all the time, doesn't change that they're still regular old Canadians.

Yeah if there is one thing I know about Quebec it's that it's the exact same there as everywhere else in Canada.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Also instead of torrenting them you could buy the couple issues they listed off of comixology.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Triumph and Torment.
Also, Books of Doom is on comixology, Triumph and Torment is not.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 1, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Unmature posted:

It's not on Unlimited either. What the hell.

I think it's because it is a OGN and Marvel hasn't put a ton of those on there.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I think the most you'd ever get is that it'd be sorta creepy for Rogue to have Leech sitting outside her bedroom door or putting on a literal slave collar before she has sex.

The Leech thing is only a problem because he will never age. If he was an adult he could make a killing providing that service.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Ultragonk posted:

Has there ever been a storyline where a hero with a healing factor has been kidnapped and their organs/blood constantly harvested?

That was actually a big plot point in the current Deadpool series.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ahahahaha holy poo poo. So was Magneto then just too demoralized and embarrassed to escape prison or something? Like yeah his powers didn't work on the wooden gun but they don't make handcuff and prison bars out of wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Karre Andrews doesn't do a ton of stuff, but he did everything(as far as I remember) on that Iron Fist series a while back.