Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The best part comes later when they retcon Doom and Grimm cries about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spoilers dude.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It doesn't really take cosmic powers to sneak into someone's house and sit in their chair until they get home.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

While the Fantastic Four are farting around in the Negative Zone, Annihilus amuses himself by answering their phone.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Newspaper Spider-Man always has things turned up to batshit, so one story arc has Peter decide to accompany his wife on holiday to get out of town while Sabretooth is running around after him, and just to make sure nobody figures out that Peter Parker is really Spider-Man, he leaves his costume at home. All well and good. Then he passes a burning building while walking around aimlessly and decides he has to help, so he breaks into a costume store and 'borrows' an angel costume to wear while rescuing all the people. He gets given a reward for his good deed so when he returns the angel costume he uses his reward money to buy a Spider-Man costume.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He traded his co-ownerships for full rights to Angela then sold her to Marvel so that McFarlane wouldn't bother him again.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Alice Cooper.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Corruption in hobbyist magazines???? :eyepop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gary Numan's album Sacrifice was released in the US as "Dawn", not only with a different piece of Dawn art than appears in the ubiquitous ads, but different art for each song page in the CD booklet and limited edition Chromium cover.

Full disclosure: I have a Gary Numan signed Crypt of Dawn comic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Richards are at least straight-forward. Franklin grows up to be a god, Valeria is a Doom, and both Nathaniels are king dicks.

The Summers are convoluted because their family doesn't just consist of future versions of themselves, but multiple alternate timeline future children that haven't been conceived yet complete with clone parents and children and Scott's dad is a space pirate and it includes Adam X the Xtreme and they then contaminate the Richards line.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Nobody in this forum has ever even touched a boob, let alone possesses a pair.
Slanderous. Most of them do it accidentally while putting their shirt on in the morning.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Her power is having babies with a robot
Sounds improbable.

also, he is a synthozoid

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

And if Days of Future Past a Sentinel scorched him til he was just a skeleton, something he stupidly is able to recover from these days.
Punisher just pushed him into a transformer for the same effect.

e: also I love that homages to that cover.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

It's a confused criticism because Superboy is set up as a guy who dislikes the "darkening" of heroes in stuff like Identity Crisis, but he's also really violent and a murderer so he's a hypocrite?
Superboy did not come to abolish the law, he came to fulfill it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I haven't read a comic in a long time where Ben was actually moaning about being The Thing rather than just spouting cliches and punching poo poo. Like the whole point of his character arc was never to find his way back to being human, but to stop rejecting himself as he was, so it makes sense not to change him back once he's actually done that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Actually it's War Dog.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

So was Hercules doing anything to deserve that or did Magneto just decide to pick on the poor dude?
If you squint at the first panel you can make out Hercules holding Magneto in a bear hug.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Can you make a racist army that isn't evil? But yes, he's part of President Steve Rogers elite squad.

And at the end of the book the US builds a statue in honour of their butts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, the healing factor stops the Adamantium from poisoning him. It's not related to protecting inter-bone transfer because his bones aren't covered in an impermeable layer - that was only an additional question to "how do you 100% coat a bone?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I feel the same way but about Jean.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

prefect posted:

Didn't Lex Luthor get cancer from wearing a kryptonite ring all the time?
Yes. In fact, from a kryptonite ring that Batman now keeps in his Batcave in case he has to fight Superman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

site posted:

Doesn't Superman know bats is Wayne? What would keep him from just leveling the manor/cave?
Well for a start the cave now has kryptonite in it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Speaking of that - I remember a panel of Batman being a badass by telling Martian Manhunter that Superman "took ten thousand dollars worth of meteorite, but for you I just need one match" and it makes me wonder how the hell J'onzz Bon J'ovi survived the Silver Age with the rampant cigarette smoking, especially when posing as a detective.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

X-O posted:

I grew up mostly reading West Coast Avengers rather than Avengers so my interpretation of the teams is skewed based on that. But an Avengers team always feels a bit empty to me unless it has Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, or Wonder Man. I know the last one is an odd choice, he's just a personal favorite though. Yes I'm the one guy that likes Wonder Man.
I was going to reply with a group including Wonder Man. The best version in my mind is pacifist Wonder Man who is an Avenger but just refuses to go out and punch bad guys. I would trade Hawkeye for Black Widow though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's what I love about time displaced X-Men, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

That seems dumb though since it's mostly about distribution channels and ratings boards, divorced from content. It's be like saying the only eras of video games are pre-esrb and post-steam
I agree in principle, but the CCA had significant and wide ranging consequences on the medium that are just incomparable to ESRB, to the degree that I think that it absolutely qualifies as an eon straddling the traditional silver, bronze and modern ages.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Having just read Ultimate End because I was stuck on a bus, UU Frank also doesn't wear the white gloves.

Which makes him rather indistinguishable from most Franks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Posting in the comics thread about when you should start acting like an adult.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The computer says it was a centrefold in Savage Dragon #31.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Most probably coincidental. Carol Danvers was just a supporting character for the first decade of her existence who shared no other similarities with Supergirl beyond the last name, so if it was an intentional nod it was the kind you get from someone you've never met from across the street.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They are all underlit by a green glow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I must be the only person in the world who detests Harley/Ivy, and at least half of that is because most of the time it's just straight up lesbian wank bait for men.
I don't blame the characters for DC being awful.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

Besides Spider-Man and Daredevil, Marvel had some lovely secret identities. Tony Stark was never in the same room as his bodyguard. Steve Rogers had no friends or family, and had the barest of secret identities. Donald Blake was at least a halfway decent secret identity, but you'll want to tear your 60's Journey into Mystery in half after the fifteenth time he thinks to himself "I want to tell Jane Foster how I feel about her, but how could she love a cripple like me!?" Dude has a bum leg, and has to walk with a cane.
Thankfully they recycled that into two seasons of Marvel's Agent Carter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Shout out to Karl Urban.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

prefect posted:

Did Deadpool grow a whole evil twin from one severed hand? Or was it from a big bag of random Deadparts?
It was the latter - he had a stalker who collected a whole bunch of his cast offs and kept them in her freezer, and when he found out he threw them in a dumpster where they regenned together after thawing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Get yourself a sandwich and a comfy chair, friend:

http://www.luckymojo.com/vishanti.html

TOD 44, DS 14 --- and it can be used to store bodies in also.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

D-Man is currently alive and well post-Secret Wars. He even finally looks cool.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Molecule Man's combination lightning bolt shoulderpads and happy trail outfit owns the poo poo out of swimsuit robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Shooter said in an interview that Doom got a costume change because Mattel wanted him to be more futuristic looking.