Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cornwind Evil posted:

I could have sworn he took them all out individually with extreme ease (except maybe Graviton)...

I looked. Graviton fought him before he got the Universe powers as part of Acts of Vengeance, and left after he thought he killed him. Then Spider Man got the powers, trashed everyone else (and the Trapster), lost them, then Graviton broke them all out and they went after Spider Man as a team, without his Captain Universe powers.

He still beat them, because he's Spider Man. And it turns out even having the insane potential of gravity powers doesn't help you if you get sucker punched and taken out immediately.

Don't rely on that last strategy always working. Just ask the Thunderbolts near the end of their first run. At least any of the ones still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

So I decided, on a whim, to try and list every single "Goblin" in the Marvel Universe. By 'Goblin', I mean "Flies on a foot-based jetpack, throws bombs, other weapons and powers vary": they don't have to actually have 'goblin' in their name.

So, we have

Green Goblin (of course)(Norman and Harry Osbourne, Harry's psychiatrist Bart Hamilton, Phil Urich, and an unnamed clone being Norman used to fly around in the Goblin outfit to make it seem like he wasn't the Green Goblin, it was never given a name and it had melted when Spider Man unmasked it, hence no face to show)
Red Goblin (Norman wielding the Carnage symbiote)
Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley, Ned Leeds (against his will), Jason Macedale, Phil Urich when he became a bad guy, others)
Jack O'Lantern (Macedale, others?)
Demogoblin (Demon spirit that basically 'copied' Jason Macedale's setup)
Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy)
Goblin Queen (intended to be for Sarah Stacy, but not used by her, used by others? Not to be confused with Madeline Pryor, who was the "GoBLYN Queen.")
Menace (Lily Hollister)
Monster (Carlie Cooper, against her will)

MCU2

Green Goblin III (Normie Osbourne, swiftly abandoned the mantle)
Golden Goblin (Phil Urich, who stayed on the side of the angels in this universe. He briefly adopted this identity when he returned to heroing, but for some reason swiftly went back to being the Green Goblin. Pity, I rather like the name "Golden Goblin")

There was also a 'Proto-Goblin', but he didn't fly on a glider and throw bombs, instead basically being a crazy red monster.

Wasn't there a Homeless guy that Norman Osborn kidnapped and made become a Green Goblin to throw people off his scent that he was the Green Goblin.

Oh and I suppose technically there was one Spider-man What If story where the Spider Queen won the Spider Island story line.
The only way for the Avengers to fight back was to dose themselves up with a variety of different powers to make them immune to being controlled by Spider-queen. So you had Hulk using Curt Connors serum to become a Lizard Hulk. Captain Marvel made herself into a Living Vampire. And Tony Stark dosed himself up with the Green Goblin serum to become Iron Goblin.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

MH Knights posted:

Dare I ask why Waller is red? Also, "sanctioned assassinations" for the Brazilian government sadly means killing indigenous people, LGBTQ+, labor/human rights organizers and other marginalized people. :(

It's been a while but it was around the Infinte Crisis days and was a part of Greg Rucka and Checkmate.
I think the idea was that De Costa had been jn the secret service and she was a Hard Woman who could do Hard Things. (Since spy Jack Beaur was in.)

And I firmly believe the intention was "she I'd someone who is willing to murder bad arms dealers for national security reasons."
Only the writer (again I think this was Rucka) had no idea that in the context of Brazil her background of "with secret service" probably meant she was putting Enemies of the State in the ground.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I mean, he's probably DC's closest equivalent to Doctor Doom if that helps. For comparison's sake, Doom briefly wore armor made from the skin of his girlfriend - That's right up there.

That makes me think of a question I had before - Has Ra's scouted anyone else to bring his plans to light? He keeps insisting on having Batman take his place, why not try and convince someone else? It kind of feels like a story that would have happened with Jason if they had decided to go full villain with him when they brought him back originally.

So during the Contagion storyline (or maybe it was the sequel) where it was shown that Ra's invented the Clench, he had recruited Bane to be his successor. It didn't go well.

Otherwise I think you need to go to Alternate Universes.
He showed up in Justice League the Nail (an Amazo had been sent to kill him and his followers. The Flash saved him and Ra's offered him the role. He turned it down.)

He also had a prominent role in Injustice.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

Does dc use a sliding timeline? It has to be weird if Bruce Wayne has gone through like four orphans in seven years. Commissioner Gordon should be putting someone on that beat post-Epstein.

From memory around the early 2000's (I think it was maybe after Bruce Wayne: Fugitive) there was a really good story in one of the Bat books (Gotham Knights?) Which was about a social worker opening up a case into the death of Jason Todd. (This was pre-Hush and Under the Hood so Jason was dead.)

It's a really good story as the person is doing their Job, investigating why an at risk teen died in the care of a millionaire and the Bat family have to manage it without compromising their secret identities.

Also it has scenes of Jason Todd as Robin smoking cigarettes and hiding it from Batman and Cassandra Cain pretending to be a Bruce Wayne fling to avoid suspicions from a social worker.