Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

She's not bad in the new Mighty Avengers but she's also not a major character.

Last time I check MA was not written by Bendis which is what my point was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Who were they going to have get married?

Also, who are the gay DC characters?

Earth 2 Green Lantern, N52 Batwoman, Pre-Flashpoint Obsidian.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Is Aqualad a bastard :ohdear:

What Aqualad?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

That breakout character from the Young Justice cartoon who also appeared in that one event comic where.....nevermind. Nu52 forever!

He wasn't Aquaman's son anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Yea, I remember that from Brightest Day. It's been ages since I saw Young Justice though. What was his origin in the cartoon show?

Essentially the same but he was raised in Atlantis instead of on land.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Renee Montoya.

:smith:

I don't bring her up because I don't like being depressed!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

She was also one of the few characters to originate in Batman: The Animated Series and then get migrated over to the comics.

DC has Harley so they give no fucks about anyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shitshow posted:

Goddamnit, I just finished the Half a Life arc in Gotham Central last night and to find out they killed off Montoya makes me never want to read a DC book again.

She wasn't killed dude, we're just mocking how Flashpoint went down. She just doesn't exist yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Now he's really good at just sort of laying there forever.

He'll get better in time for the TV series.

Bullseye also has adamantium plates on parts of his skeleton.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinaman7000 posted:

I thought that poo poo was poisonous. What the gently caress. I'd like an elaborate explanation how he can survive this with as much time travel and cloning as possible.

I guess it's only poisonous when you have 200lbs of it in your system. Bullseye just has it in key places.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MagnesiumB posted:

I think a scientist (maybe Beast) came up with some way to neutralize the poison?

Why would a good guy help Bullseye? And when Wolverine lost his healing factor in the early 2000's the adamantium was killing him then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

If Beast could work out a cure I'm sure one of the many evil scientists could work one out too.

Did this happen in Wolverine or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the Kevin Smith (yuck) run Matt has a panel where he thinks "I'd heard rumors he'd reinforced his skeleton" and then kicks him which confirms what he heard as it hurt and stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that a real picture of John Bryne as your avatar?

Yeeeeeeeepppp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Hey now, she was also an artificial Kryptonian who later turned into an angel. Totally within the rules.

She wasn't Kryptonian. She was a clone of Lana Lang created with a genetic matrix. He powers were only superficially like Supermans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Thus making her an artificial Kryptonian.

She's never once referred to as a Kryptonian. She's not even human.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

This was also Connor Kent's deal until his DNA got un-hosed so he could actually start maturing.

Until Geoff Johns got his hands on him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think that the evil from Magneto and Xavier has leaked into the real world through the pages of the Spider-man comics. We're current;y stuck in the grip of OnSLOTT with no hope of escape.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Loaf posted:

Did Johns not come up with the idea of him developing Kryptonian powers, or did that start sooner?

I know he came up with the idea that Superboy also had Luthor's DNA based on a fan theory he'd had years before he got into comics.

Kon was starting to change and develop all new powers in the Joe Kelly run but as soon as the series ended all of that got chucked out the window. I haven't read the last 10 issues of that Superboy series in something like 10 years so I can't recall but I'm pretty sure the development of actual Kryptonian powers was all Johns since previously he was just a human clone with telekinetic powers designed to mimic Superman's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Kon started to pick up Kryptonian powers after that Young Justice event where all the kids were turned adult and vice versa, if I remember correctly. He couldn't age because his DNA was hosed up, but once it was fixed he started getting powers that weren't just applications of TK.

No, his eyebeams were still TK based. He didn't have any vision powers. At one point Match taunted him for not knowing how to focus his TK powers as an eye blast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Does Thanos do anything between the end of his 04 Series and the beginning of Annihlation?

I don't think so. When was Marvel Universe the End published?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I just noticed this, but it uses "may be read" in the entire thing suggesting that you can read them in different orders, like reading Annihilation #3 followed by War of Kings #1 then Annihilation: Conquest #5.

Except that it doesn't? Each column is it's own section.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Okay, fine, but if you limit it to each column, it is still saying you could read, say, War of Kings #3-6 followed by War of Kings #1-2 because the word "may" implies an option. It's just a minor personal annoyance and I get what it's trying to say and no one is actually going to do that.

The dividing lines are clearly there to show you which groups of books can be read in any order. Come on man, you're one of the better posters here and you're just being silly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

So the current GotG team only goes back to 2008?

The current team goes back like a year and a half. It's not exactly the same lineup as before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Right, but I thought it was like a Sliver Age team or something. I was reading Starlord #1 today and when Peter met Rocket for the first time I was like, hang on....

I also have no idea why I thought they were an old school team, but I did.

The original GotG are from 1000 years in the future, they'd traveled back in time a few times to team up with the Avengers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

I'm reading the new Nightcrawler series and am learning new things. Who decided it was a good idea for him to be "lovers" with his adoptive sister??? (!)

You get one guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beachcomber posted:

I've been trying to remember a comic (it's possible it was a webcomic), maybe this will ring a bell with someone.

It was a series about some sort of imagination-y land. It may or may not have switched back and forth between that and the real world. I have a vague impression of a coach being robbed in the first issues, but that may not be true.

What I do remember was that the creator, who was, I think, a woman, was lauded as having neat ideas and a lot of talent, and then the second the comic was optioned for a movie (I think)she abandoned the series completely right in the middle.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Deavin Grayson's User?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mister Nobody posted:

Yeah nevermind I kind of lost the plot there.

I just didn't like the implication in those panels, that all the work that psychologist did with Reagan (I think her name was) was useless and all she needed was Supes to come and tell her everything was gonna be alright. As well how she's dressed and styled has become a sort of shorthand for depression and poor mental health, which I never would have expected from Morrison. I might be speaking out of my rear end so I'll shut up.

You are speaking out of your rear end. Superman didn't fix everything, he just stopped her from making a snap judgement. He even stresses that her psychologist got held up and the implication is that he's still on his way. Superman is just a shoulder for her to cry on until then. Stop trying to ruin one of the single best Superman moments of the last 20 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mister Nobody posted:

What I don't like is that the girl is one traffic jam away from suicide.

Im not trying to ruin it . I'm sorry if I offended you.

You don't know her back story any more than the rest of us. She obviously was at a critical phase which is why she was ready to end her own life. ZOMG SHE'S GOTH SHE WANTS TO DIE is an idiotic observation to make.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The only thing about that scene that bothers me is that iirc Geoff Johns beat him to it in JSA with the Kingdom Come Superman.

All Star Superman #10 came out in May of 2008 but it was finished for a while, Johns had read it. His version of the scene was intended to be an homage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potsticker posted:

You're an idiot. The artistic shorthand of goth = suicide was a complaint being made.

It's a loving idiotic complaint to be made and he also complained about how she was just one traffic jam away from suicide so you can get stuffed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potsticker posted:

Less idiodic than the guy who said it wouldn't have made as much impact for him if she dressed in a less "alternative" style. Because people who are depressed don't matter if they aren't qt goth girls, right?

I made no such implication. Every criticism of the scene that has been posted on the last few pages of this thread are all terrible and pulled from thin air.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potsticker posted:

This guy you idiot.

What are you even arguing at this point?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potsticker posted:

That you have an inability to read posts, leading to you arguing with a guy who shared your views and then again with me.

I never denied that either. You obviously don't know poo poo about engaging me in conversation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unmature posted:

Was there ever a Daredevil story where Matt woke up one day and could just see fine and needed to figure out why because it hosed with his powers?

Sort of. Right at the end of his first series there was a 4 issue arc where Matt volunteered to go undercover for SHIELD. He needed to be super deep cover so they gave him a sort of artificial personality and as a side effect of the procedure he regained his site. Thing is he didn't know that he was Matt Murdock. I'd say it wasn't a bad story but it was written by Scott Lobdell so nobody here will like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unmature posted:

So like he let his domain lapse, but bought it again? Cool.

I'm gonna lapse your face!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potsticker posted:

Has there ever been a 616 Miles Morales at all? Even as just a sly mention/nod to the Ultimate universe?

Yes, the last page of Spider-Men.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Archyduke posted:

I know his recent DC stuff is supposed to be pretty bad, but do people really harbor that much of a dislike for Lobdell? His Generation X is great, and at his worst he always just struck me as a guy willing to write, competently and dependably, what his editors wanted for a paycheck (Excalibur) which I can't really fault him for that much.

I've seen people dredging up old Lobdell comics to prove that he's always been a lovely writer but honestly, the first two years of GenX are amazing comics. His Uncanny run isn't bad either considering what he had to deal with on that book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the solution is, hire Mark Waid as a consultant right the gently caress now.

But then this would end up in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Loaf posted:

I understand they already have a Mark consulting for them...

Oh good, the Thing is gonna be a rapist and the Human Torch a pedophile.