Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is Big Game as stupid as its blurb makes it sound? Because whoof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Edge & Christian posted:

Batman is not always nocturnal. Sometimes he digs days!
I love the one-two punch of Batman just taking a casual stroll on the sidewalk to girlwatch combined with the reveal that, for years, his policy has been “oh, that part of Gotham has too much crime in it, I think I’ll give it a miss”.

Suburban Batman

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It was barely tenable even in the best circumstances in his solo titles and completely unworkable in a shared universe, but I always had a fondness for the "urban legend" Batman. It's definitely scarier if the criminals aren't even sure if there is a Batman, let alone what he can do and how he operates so they can counter-plan, y'know?

Bruce ought to let JLA members take the cowl out for a spin on random nights, just so that the criminals in jail are like "yeah, loving Batman walked right through the wall and got me" and another one's like "I dunno about that, if anything he seemed too solid to me, I unloaded an entire shotgun clip in his face and he didn't even blink" and a third guy's going "no I'm telling you, he turned into a grizzly bear" and everyone mocks that dude for making up obvious bullshit.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

She died and got rezzed since then. The knuckle tattoos got eaten by fishies along with the rest of that body.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I don't know if Cyclops has ever been a loser in the comics, he's rad at a pretty consistent basis.

But when they adapt it, well, there can only be one male lead and Wolverine is much more popular.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Uthor posted:

So, Jean was confident that she wouldn't lose control in the throws of passion, huh.
She did it right at the start of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the subtext to that was very much "All-American good girl tries kinky sex and discovers that she's into it" (so much of Claremont's run is him unsubtly airing his fetishes, in retrospect) so... feature, not bug.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

Scott must not have been that excited to bang Jean if he let a pair of glasses stop him.

When I wore glasses I wasn't having much sex either but it wasn't because of the glasses.

I mean, I didn't look good and the glasses were part of the look but that's

Ok anyway, what I'm saying is he could maybe try harder or be more creative.
He usually just keeps the glasses on. Jean was doing that so she could see his whole face, not because she wasn't getting laid at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

bessantj's post that kicked off this tangent said that Scott was mopey he couldn't get with her.
Oh, yeah, back in the 60s. Dark Phoenix Saga was some 20-odd years later. And it wasn't a physical inability, it was typical Mavel melodrama "alas, the woman that I love! But I cannot be with her because I'm a terrible monster or I have to be the leader or I fear my glasses slipping or whatever excuse, who cares" stuff, same as Ben Grimm moping about Alicia Masters or Peter Parker pining for Gwen Stacy instead of just, y'know, asking the girl in question if she's cool with this.

They were already engaged by Dark Phoenix, I think. Certainly very seriously dating. And, y'know, he got Madeline Pryor pregnant afterwards, so the glasses were not the issue in themselves.