Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

JordanKai posted:

I've been working on replacing some of my single issue collection with TPBs and it's resulted in a lot of confusion for me. Here's one example: is Venom: Space Knight #6 not collected anywhere? All the listings I can find for the two Space Knight TPBs state that vol. 1 collects issues 1-5 and vol. 2 collects issues 7-12, which seems really weird to me. It's not like #6 is part of some big event or anything.

Could it be a soliciting error? Is this sort of thing common? It seems like a huge and weird oversight to me. :confused:

Comicbookdb.com says Vol. 1 is 1-6, Vol. 2 is 7-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Re: weird format comics, it’s “for teens” but Meanwhile is a fun choose your own adventure graphic novel.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

His run will eventually be collected in the Epic Collection volumes 10 and 11 as well.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I think Sabra works for the Mossad, too, so she's technically a super secret agent.

But the secret is OUT with regards to her delicious hummus! In stores near you.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

So far there are four Epic Collections of PAD’s Hulk covering #392-448, plus all the tie ins like Future Imperfect. I can’t wait until they go back to the start of his run because it’s so good. My only gripe is that I wish Gary Frank stayed on the book longer.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

One that always stands out for me is that Magneto’s helmet blocks psychic powers.
It shows up in the X-Men movie, and made it into comics in Grant Morrison’s run on X-Men.

But before this it wasn’t a thing. Magneto was usually immune to psychic powers via things like willpower or having changed the earth’s magnetic field to interfere with the astral plane. But never because of how his helmet was made of a special metal.

Magneto also had mental powers himself early on. He could control minds and enter the astral plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

How do you folks keep comic reading a habit? And how about reading when you're tired or whatever when scrolling the net seems to come more easily? Any tips and tricks?

I've read some general advice on reading more, some about convenience and keeping a tablet handy etc, I do have a tablet 'o comics plus a lot of trades. But figured I'd ask what the comic crowd's experiences are, and getting back on when falling off the habit.

For example, I read about 40 comics last year, this year reading 300 comics is a goal of mine. Plus some novels etc. I happen to be sleeping shoddy this week so I've been gaming and net surfing etc.

One idea that occured to me is to try reading lower importance or lower quality stuff that I'm still interested in, since I won't feel like I'm too tired etc to enjoy it etc. A kooky idea maybe. Also remembering I can read say 6 pages, and that would be something. Plus Judge Dredd is in 6 page installment in 2000AD.

For example, nobody likes Daniel Way Deadpool. So if I'm too tired for a more acclaimed Deadpool run, why not say ok my brain isn't working so let's see what Way is up to.

Yeah trash comics are perfectly valid just like watching a TV show where you can turn your brain off for a bit. I don't feel guilty about blazing through something I don't care much about. Newer stuff is way less wordy than old comics so that helps too.