Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

What's a good, safe way to display comics of value when they aren't slabbed?

I was stuck in my house from the beginning of the pandemic until this month due to immune disorders I have. For my leaving the house/birthday, my wife bought me Uncanny 266 and the GI Joe silent issue. I'd like to show them off in my office, but there is sunlight (Phoenix area) all the time. I don't want them damaged, and I'm not super into slabbing comics. I don't even know how protective of things like fading or yellowing they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

It was tone deaf for that time especially, and it was really odd coming from Kibblesmith who is usually a pretty funny guy.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I think there was an issue in Tom King's Batman where the two of them fill in for this guy that fights demons or something for all time so he can take a day off in the real world and rest. Bruce and Selina were together so I don't think there was an actual relationship, but the two of them were together and under stress and time was perceived differently. I'm remembering this really half assed I'm sure.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I'm having a complete brain fart, and I'm having trouble remembering the title and author. It's a legendary writer, and it's set in a city full of superheroes, and it's usually single issue stories.

It has one of the best comics I've ever read where a universe reset happens and a wife and husband wake up married to different people but still feel this longing, like something has been taken from them.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Yes! God, I was getting so frustrated. Thanks!

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I use a Kindle I loaded the Play Store on for Marvel Unlimited, and I also subscribed to DCU along with various stuff I bought on Comixology through the years. Its a cheap box o' comics. I've been reading the What If series from the late 80s recently, and on the DC side I have decades of stuff I haven't read so I'll just take a look at one of their collections or recommendations and jump in. Now that said, my Kindles have slapped me in the face 100s of times at this point after nodding out while reading.

A Kindle Fire to be more clear.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Since they're digital, I'll sometimes not read stuff like the Star Wars books for a year or more and then just read a bunch of that kind of thing. It doesn't matter if I read Predator tomorrow or in 2025.

I'll also throw out the caveat that I don't have kids, work from home, and I'm a sweet lil' bubble boy that has to minimize my time out of the house so I have tons of time for a man my age to read comics and novels, etc. and I'm not much of a TV show binge guy either. It's just a nice way to wake up sometimes. Make an egg and something for breakfast and just read a cool comic.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Isn't Duke the daytime shift Batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good shop online that does pull lists, and ships them out in a timely fashion in the US? I mostly only get indies and variants I like in physical, most everything else in digital. I'd like to be able to pick and choose variants that I may not have on the pull list. I've relied on Whatnot the past year or so, but I'd like something with more reliable stock.