Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I used to be able to grab the page jpgs from Firefox's cache after loading the comic. That hasn't worked in a while.

I don't think it's a bad except for going pretty low res on double page spreads. You should check out the Marvel Unlimited reader. Woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Ugh I am so sick of Dark Reign/Siege, and I'm binge reading through them. I can't imagine what it was like being trapped in that for like a year and a half real time.

I really enjoyed that era, especially after Secret Invasion. Just catching up on Remender's Punisher now, I like it even more.

e: Have you been reading Secret Warriors? That a great part of it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 3, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Oh as for a question what are the main Avengers books post Civil War? I know they split into the official and secret teams, but every time there's a huge event they split or change the Avengers books, it seems.

Bendis kept up on the mainline Avengers book right up till Hickman in the Marvel NOW!.
So, New Avengers and Mighty Avengers up through Secret Invasion, Dark Avengers and New Avengers during Dark Reign, Avengers and New Avengers from there till AvX, then Hickmania.

There was also Secret Avengers after Dark Reign starting with Ed Brubaker writing, which is a lot of fun.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 3, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Speaking of, I just read through Secret War yesterday, and it's amazing how blatantly she's just a still of Angelina Jolie from Hackers traced over and over and over.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There was a lot of fudging to get most of those centennials.

I think there was a Brian Bendis reply to a question on how exactly some title or other added up to it's milestone number, and it was real silly.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't read the new Magnito book, but I'm sure all that's useful to know is what's happened in Uncanny since the NOW! relaunch.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was amazing that Morrison even attempted to contextualize and legitimize Batman's ridiculous history. Even though most of the wacky adventures were relegated to isolation experiment hallucinations, it was a feat.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's covered a little in the last All-New X-Men or Guardians of the Galaxy in prep for Rucka's Teen Cyclopes and Space Dad comic.

e: Does current Rachel Summers know she'd been with grown up Franklin in the future? It hasn't been alluded to in any modern X-Men of Fantastic Four story I've read.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 12, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wouldn't the highest era for overall sales be somewhere from the 40's to 60's when every boy in America got their copy of Superman down at the corner store for 10 cents?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BadAstronaut posted:

Carrying on with the Spider-Man stuff, I am thinking of buying Spider Island because the price is so good... but this isn't horribad like Big Time, is it?

https://www.comixology.com/Spider-Man-Spider-Island/digital-comic/34528

While we are at it, is there anything else here you recommend?
Only one on sale that I own is Batman Court of Owls.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale

Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Aquaman, Flash and Shazam! collections.
Animal Man. The old series 1-26 (Grant Morrison's run) and the New52 one which you can pick up easier here https://www.comixology.com/Animal-Man-Sale/page/1195

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 20, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BadAstronaut posted:

Thanks. I am gonna hold off on Animal Man but I will jump on Action Comics and The Flash. Anything I need to know before I read these volumes?

Just that Action takes place five years before present day (well, present day new52 DCU in 2011) and that Wonder Woman is the best thing there, man!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 20, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BadAstronaut posted:

I have never read it before - is this a decent starting place?

Absolutely. Green Lantern and Batman Inc were really the only series' that weren't fresh starts at #1 (Their writers still had to finish their massive sagas from pre-N52.)

The Marvel NOW! stuff is also similarly set up to be new reader friendly across the line on all the reset volumes.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 20, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sounds a lot like Joe the Barbarian, except that's about a kid who's hallucinating. And I never finished the story, but that ending sounds a bit much for it (though the author did do that twin part in New X-Men).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_the_Barbarian

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 25, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How was Johns' JSA run? Is that omnibus going to be a good read?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 27, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looking at this http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hope-corgi, it not having any actual panels and not remembering a dog Lantern at all, I'm guessing the internet made it up.

e: Why didn't they name it Dog Walker?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 28, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

USM 200 is going to have a tribute to his life or something. There's apparently a SHOCKING ENDING, but if Peter is getting resurrected it's not apparent from what we know about the Ultimate relaunch.
They're going to do a Spider-Men sequel if you'd like to see Miles interact with a Peter Parker.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Peter USM:
Ultimate Spider-Man 1-133 (ends with Ultimatum event)
Ultimatum Spider-Man Requiem 1-2
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 1-15, 150-160
Ultimate Comics Fallout 1-4 (Miles introduced in #4)

Miles USM:
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (Vol. 2/All-New Spider-Man) 1-28 + Spider-Men 1-5 (616 Peter and Miles team up)
Cataclysm Ultimate Spider-Man 1-3
Ultimate Spider-Man 200 (Peter remembrance special)

Ultimate Marvel NOW! re-launch (still Miles):
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man 1-
All-New Ultimates 1- (The current USM cast + Kitty Pryde. Written by Michel Fiffe)

If you don't want to catch all the way up, the Miles stuff is a good jumping on point (or probably just the new series if Ultimate NOW! relaunches are anything like the Marvel NOW! relaunches.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 7, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Wait, Bendis is writing Miles in parallel with the Ultimate, right?
Bendis on USM is a fundamental constant of the last 13.5 years.

Ultimates is Fiffe, USM is Bendis.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 7, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shitshow posted:

So, I might be marked as a heretic for saying this, but after reading the first two volumes of Sandman for the first time, I'm feeling like this series is just the most over-rated tripe. I mean, it's okay, but so far does not live up to the hype. Does it get better?

Try volume 3. It's a group of fantastic stand-alone stories with the main characters in the periphery.
I've been reading since the digital sale a few months ago. I'm up to Brief Lives now and the four issues in Dream Country are definitely my favorites.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 15, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Didn't The Wasp make costumes? Professor X provided two of the X-Statix's (not sure about X-Men as well.)

Of course there's that character in The Incredibles.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 16, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno about the earliest, but The Trial of The Flash was a famously drawn out story for the time.
It takes up a whole 592 page Showcase collection by itself.

e: That's 1983. I thought it was way earlier since the Showcase collections are usually of 60's comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 23, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There are colouring studios too.

Pretty sure Hi-Fi isn't a guy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I've heard the Marvel Unlimited app for Android is really bad. Is that still true?

It just got updated yesterday and is much better.
Used to have problems in not filling the screen and where zooming in would just enlarge the full screen pixels, which made double page spreads unreadable, but it's totally fine now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

WEREWAIF posted:

Thank you so much

That art continues into the New 52 Batwoman series. The artist, JH Williams takes over writing it from Greg Rucka and only gets time to draw every other arc, but it stays pretty good till he leaves at #24.
There's a great Wonder Woman team up in there with pages like these:

:allears:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 27, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The last published issue was #18.
19-21 were all delayed. Maybe they don't have a new date for #20 yet.

Here's the solicit:
code:
    HAWKEYE #20

MATT FRACTION (W) | ANNIE WU (A)

Cover by DAVID AJA

• KATE-GUY! MADAME MASQUE! LOS ANGELES! EXPLOSIONS! THE END OF SUMMER VACATION! THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR ALL THE MARBLES! THE MARBLES ARE A METAPHOR!

• YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG TO THE MERRY MARBLE MARCHING SOCIETY!

• This is… THE BIG ONE. Fraction and Wu and Hollingsworth too — OH MY!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Dog issue was #11.

Makes sense to split the characters up in trades. They haven't crossed over yet.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 8, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh whoops. I read ALA as AKA.

I'm guessing it'd have to be Clint's next one. There'd be a story reason for that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 8, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. I thought it would pick right up with the reveal of Dr. Mindbubble, but it just didn't.
How crazy and entertaining could you make your comic with that as an antagonist? I don't get it, especially with the fun insanity he's putting into Uncanny Avengers at the same time.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 11, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

greatn posted:

Has Constantine ever met: Blue Devil, Neron, Trigon, Etrigan, Zauriel?

If not why not

The last three recently in Justice League Dark comics.

Was he completely kept away from the DCU while at Vertigo? I know it was meant to be a big deal when he popped up at the end of Brightest Day.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. I've only been reading Sandman since it went on sale when Overture #1 came out and it's funny how kinda packed with DC stuff it was for the few issues before Vert.
Some of it was really interesting like the issue about Element Girl.

bobkatt013 posted:

The last storyline has appearances by Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Darkseid sitting.

Hmm. I'm at the Brief Lives stuff and I think any DC stuff completely dropped off since Vertigo got on the cover.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 14, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

Just to clarify, Sandman wasn't a Vertigo comic until #47.

Hmm. You're right. Dunno why I thought it shifted over a lot earlier. Maybe because it just started so much heavier with DCU guests.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The JSA omnibus came out this week. Are there any reports on the quality/printing gently caress ups?

e: Hmm. Maybe it isn't out. Amazon is saying May 20th. It was in this week's release list. I assumed it came out with the rest of the comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 14, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked Deadly Genesis, but thought Brubaker's year on Uncanny was pretty bad.
May be worth reading if you want to get into the cosmic stuff, but not really.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The story on Groot's planet in the recent anniversary issue was pretty ridiculous. Not good ridiculous.

Bully tree boy: "I AM GROOT! HAHAHA!"
Kid Groot: "I am *sob* Groot"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-Men Schism, AvX, AvX Consequences, All-New X-Men + Uncanny X-Men NOW! (incl. other Battle of the Atom chapters + Trial of Jean Grey chapters from Guardians of the Galaxy), then "Cyclops" should do ya for both versions.
I guess Uncanny during AvX would have stuff, but I didn't bother.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 9, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

AvX was bad and the Battle of the Atom event wasn't the best, but other than that, I'm fully enjoying the Bendisified X-Men.

e: You could skip AvX and just start with All-New.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Cloak and Dagger Spider Island mini was worth the event.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Bendis isn't exactly prompt with this stuff, but it got shelved for a while due to Superior Spider-Man so hopefully soon.

In the mean time, we get some sort of Miles 616 crossover soon in All-New X-Men.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what? Why?

'cause

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

That looks like Ultimate Miles, not 616 Miles (not that we've seen him, but he's not Spider-Man.)

Yeah. I meant Miles/616 crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I heard somebody write into the iFanboy podcast about her age when she hooked up with The Falcon in the last issue of Cap, but I, like the people on the podcast can't remember her being presented as a kid (e: at the end of the arc), though maybe there is something in there.
I know he was on the planet for ten years. Pretty sure the was 'adult' at the end of it.

Mr. Maltose posted:

She looked like 8~10 when Steve first broke out with the baby in Cap, but a major issue is that asking a comic book artist to draw a child is such a crapshoot she might have been 5 or 15.

That'd make her around 20 with the time that passed, right?

e: Oh man some of the linked stuff in here http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/falcon-jet-scene-in-captain-america-22-sparks-calls-for-remenders-firing/. Internet!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 8, 2014